2.5 Build - Need Help (Ignite Barrage)

Hello guys! This is my starter build for when 2.5 update comes out.

My main objectivs is to farm the breach lords (the ele, phys and chaos ones)

Main Skill (Aoe and Single Target) -> Barrage.
I'll be doing a non crit ignite life evasion barrage build with the unique emberwake ring. For achiving a good aoe I'll use 3 volley fire jewels with also the new bow Xoph's Inception. The bow will give me sustain and spread the ignites.

To get 100% I'll also use the Signal Fire, it will give me som EV, but after the 50% do fire, the most important stat will be extra phys dmg as fire. Others uniques worth saying are, Pyre (Fore burning damage and converting all my cold dmg from the hatred aura) and also Lioneye's Vision for the life and pierce (I'm using this becouse with the cheap price of a non linked one + the Jewels touch profecy I'll get a kind of cheap 6l).

As for auras, Hatred (as mentioned), and also HoA, for the add fire dmg and the occasional burn.

I'll be going pathfinder, to get ele pen, extra ele dmg, and also extra ignite. Since crit with the new bow will be hard (Only 6% base crit chance) and the emberwake ring makes ur crits deal no extra damage, I've chosen to go non crit and get the chance to ignite from the support skill gem, the bow, the ring and also the ascendancy.

As for links I'll be going Barrage - WED - Chance to Ignite - Add fire damage - Fire Pen. I'll not use a 6l so no need for thinking one.

Skill tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAPFtAF5daAUtCC4NjREvnrf_EBa_GYoZjhvII_YIiUlRJpUOSC5TMHEwfPDVmvE2PTfUZ6A6QkMxR35KfUt4TP9Nkk4qUUd_gFVLW69h4pUFYqxlTcedbIyCXhGBpr507XXLY6d673113UaExZ7Eh3ZUR4w2jX2Nfo2_yNyXBpuNm7Wdqlb6o4pd8nsUN0yv6xeWlLi9Nr6n-WOVLsM6xKLNmOmYz93Tb9N-1CP-yNrB3ai1SOOfBx7n6upi62PtP-2D7g7vevGK-TP8xafU_roRlsqpRXwrCrTFwuwqW1LsBbXlGbQ4-_WXlw==

Now the questions.
1-Is this build enable to complete the goals mentioned in the start of the text?
2-Is pathfinder the best option?
3-Goind for pierce is good? Or going for kintsugi would be better (Going for it means not having the 15 pierce that the lionye have)?
4-Where can I improve my skill tree?
5-Do you guys think this would be cheap (100c or so)?
6-Is barrage the best option?
7-Is hatred+pyre worth it?
8-What auras would you guys go with?
9-What unique flasks would be good with this build?

Thx all, sry for my english (not my native language).
Last bumped on Jan 7, 2017, 9:41:48 AM
"
guiunti wrote:
Now the questions.
1-Is this build enable to complete the goals mentioned in the start of the text?
2-Is pathfinder the best option?
3-Goind for pierce is good? Or going for kintsugi would be better (Going for it means not having the 15 pierce that the lionye have)?
4-Where can I improve my skill tree?
5-Do you guys think this would be cheap (100c or so)?
6-Is barrage the best option?
7-Is hatred+pyre worth it?
8-What auras would you guys go with?
9-What unique flasks would be good with this build?

Thx all, sry for my english (not my native language).

1. probably. we have no idea what the breach lords will be like, but i highly doubt it'll be anything like the guardians etc.
2. i don't believe in pathfinder. i don't think it is the best option. i'd say deadeye would be. you can get a free projectile and a free chain. this allows you to skip pierce as well.
3. going for pierce isn't bad but if you get a free chain from deadeye ascendancy passive i would skip pierce for sure.
4. you can improve the pathing a little bit. here is a slight modification, you can see the differences. it allows you to save a few passives and get more for your buck. basically you want to look at things as a passive per point basis. mid ranger tree you spend 3 passives to get only 20 dex, 10 int, 24% phys, 20% crit and 4% movement speed. you don't need or want the crit, the dex is basically useless to you, you don't need the str so you're basically 3 points for 24% phys and 4% movement speed. the movement speed isn't huge, so save those 3 points and put it towards something else like the 15% phys per point towards heavy draw. thats 3 points for 45% phys. i'd make that trade every day of the week

i also changed a few passives around, gave up one jewel node so you could have a bunch of flask nodes. this will be important if you wanna run unique flasks like a pathfinder without being a pathfinder.

5. i doubt it will be that cheap. you'll need some pretty good gear with hp/resistances to cap resis, effectively run flasks and the new bow plus cost of overpowered flasks.
6. i personally do not think barrage is the best option, at all. i have never understood emberwake as a viable unique, though i haven't tried a build around it either. ignite is based off of initial hit damage (fire dmg) and barrage has a low initial hit dmg. emberwake, although it allows you to stack ignites, takes away 80% LESS burning damage. not reduced, but less. that means if you do a burning damage of 1,000, now its only for 200. this allows you to stack up to 300 but you'll never get 300 burns on an enemy just because of the duration of ignite alone, being 4 seconds. you'd have to stack 75 ignites per second. that isn't possible even with quill rain, barrage, and 100% chance to ignite.

that new bow has a low atkspd, 1.25. barrage gives you lots of "atk spd" kinda but the volleyfire jewels cannot hit the same target as the original arrows either, keep in mind. so i'd say you'd have at max, with GMP (lowers damage even more) say 10 hits a second. at 100% chance to ignite you can get 40 ignites per ignite duration, doing 80% less damage per ignite.

this may sound slightly appealing, but to me it sounds like suicide. the best thing about DoT builds is you can hit and run. with emberwake you have to stand there and constantly attack to make it worth anything. and the less damage just makes it so things take longer.

i'd personally want to run a single target burn build and just prolif it and use herald of ash, probably. or explosive arrow based on burn dmg, or a deadeye ice shot railgun style.
ice shot railgun is where you use chin sol/point blank which ice shot AoE still gets the bonus dmg from regardless of how high its AoE is.
so essentially chin sol, the signal fire, point blank, ice shot, inc aoe, chance to ignite, fire pen, WED, and added fire or added cold or rapid decay for 6th link. with pyre ring and hatred aura you get full 100% fire dmg. this will hit like a fucking truck if you're close to the target which will get a significant burn on anything you hit and anything behind the target. can swap out inc aoe for conc effect vs bosses. running herald of ash helps as well for added fire dmg and an added burn effect. could even swap out ice shot for burning arrow to get even higher %base dmg (burning arrow has i think 3rd highest % base dmg in game).
i think this would be much more viable than barrage, but thats just me.

7. hatred/pyre can be worth it, you'll just have to test it out, but maybe not for that setup. your physical damage won't be huge to begin with, and you'll most likely need all the hp/resis you can get from jewelry.
8. if you're able to run it, i'd go hatred and herald of ash.
9. unique flasks would be witchfire brew for lvl 21 vulnerability and inc DoT dmg, vessel of vinktar for shock effect (thats all it would be good for really), and taste of hate would be both BiS for defensive/offensive giving you a lot more cold converted to fire dmg
Last edited by xMustard on Nov 27, 2016, 4:33:24 PM
Last edited by xMustard on Nov 27, 2016, 4:33:59 PM
I have also toyed with the idea of using this bow to play some ignite based bow character.

However, I would rethink using the Pyre ring, as it will destroy corspses and thus make them unable to further proliferate the ignite ailment.

You can just go with Anger and skip the ring though, or use blasphemy, grace or whatever if you want to skip the damage.

To specifically answer your questions:
1:
Nobody can judge about this yet, as it is unclear what exactly the league's mechanics will be like. Judging from the teaser video and the info we have up to this point, my guess will be that burn prolif builds will be exceptional for the breach mechanic.
Going noncrit will be good in the beginning though, pathfinder is a solid option as well.

2:
Pathfinder will probably, unless nerfed (which at this point is more than likely), be the best option for builds like this.
Other options include all 3 ranger ascendancies, chieftain, assassin and inquisitor for a crit based setup and champion. I would name elementalist here, and burn prolif builds have been done with elementalist, but i guess if you use Xoph's Inception, that will not really be an option.

3:
If the mechanics stay as they are, pierce is superiour to things like GMP, Chain and whatever, simply because it offers a double-dipping more multi for the burn damage, as well as double dipping increased damage from Drillneck, which will be the Best-in-Slot quiver for a burn based bow character because of this.
Even if you use Kintsugi, Pierce is good and will probably be included as a 5th or 6th gem.

4:
I dont want to look into the skill tree too much, but it looks ok to me. There are some inefficencies in the jewel slots but i will let you use your own judgement, because of the volley fire jewels and that you might need to activate them with all the dex.
However, i feel like the deadly draw weel is not worth it. I would opt for more life, maybe duelist start, and/or Frenzy Charges! (double dipping damage multi)

5:
Yes, i think it can work with cheap gear, but there will be a lot of room for improvement. e.g. Koam's Heart. The new Amulet (Avatar of Fire) will also be great, however i am not sure how expensive it will be.

6:
Definately only if you are using Emberwake.
It will be a very bad option if you dont use Emberwake. In this case i would suggest 100% conversion Split Arrow, simply because with this you can skip the double-dipping %less damage multiplier from GMP.

7:
I dont think so, as i stated before. Pyre is not that great for Burn Prolif builds. The only fix to this would be using Soutbound gloves as well.

8:
Ash+Anger or
Ash+Grace

9:
Dying Sun, duh.
The usual suspects Vinktar and ToH, however to a lesser degree than with other builds. Would probably be too expensive.
Witchfire brew can also be nice. Apart of that probably none, just use magic flasks or go for another ascendancy if you wish.

Tldr:
Koams Heart, Pierce+Drillneck opop for burn, therefore use new bow + new amulet to get 100% fire.

This is however, if there is no change to the mechanics of burn right now. And i strongly suspect there will be.

/edit: I wrote all this and now there is another answer. Ill just submit it as is, and let you use your own judgement.

nice nice. I think this build has huge potential. my main change is using emberwake+the taming, going hybrid, and using chance ignite.ele prolif somewhere in there. I think it could be insane. Xoph's + drillneck for DPS or xoph's + signal fire for fire conversion or Xoph's + soul strike for defense.

yowza. I think we have a hit on our hands my friend.

4l in those essence of hysteria gloves (with inherent ignite) barrage - gmp - Coh - curse (since I'm doing heavy leech and mana will be an issue i would put warlords here, but flam works great for offensive)

6l - barrage - chance ignite - fa- ppad - wed- pierce

some vaal skills

some cwdt frost wall shenanigans

blink arrow

etc etc

I'm building right now in BHC, I'll let you know how it goes
that was essnece of hysteria chance to ignite helm not gloves XD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info