[2.4] [SC/HC] Tank Snore Support Aura/Curse Bot (Insane Party Defense)

Hi everyone (except lowballers & cheapskates just leave now cuz this will not be cheap).

This build is a Defensive Auramancer with focus on curses making the mobs stand still or as close as possible while at the same time using high level enfeeble to prevent mobs from hitting. Paired with an arsenal of defensive mechanics, party utilities and a 12k ES Pool to manage large hits it shines as one of the best defensive auramancers i have seen to date. It is a one stop solution to any auramancer who wishes to do easy levelling while never dying.

If doing double beyond maps this build is a wet dream for any dps'er to have along.

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS see Q & A. All questions are directly answered in-game through use of whispers.

CREDITS

Inspiration for this build is taken from Kenz0 and thus gets credit as he has been extremely helpful in explanation of finer mechanics and thoughts behind the original build. My version of the build has been modified slightly both in skilltree, skill gems and ascendancies chosen, HOWEVER feel free to check his version out as well as it could give some insightful ideas or different approaches.

Pros & Cons

Pros:
8 defensive auras.
2 Vaal Skills (vaal haste and vaal discipline in my case)
3 high level curses that stop mobs in their tracks. 1 offense curse that is flexible depending on party needs.
Conduit giving all charges to party (endurance, power and frenzy charges)
450-950 ES regen per second
12-13k ES Pool
Can Survive hits from minotaur even a burrowing
Retardly easy to level with in parties because you almost never die.
Highly effective in double beyond maps!!!
Can afk tank mobs in t16 maps
Utilizes enduring cry to taunt, grant es regen and gain/give charges
Utilizes Decoy Totem to limit party dmg intake on bosses

Cons:
Needs use of mana flask on no regen maps
Curses are useless on hexproof maps but still useable in terms of party boost and charge generation. Also you can swap in the singularity platinum sceptre to at least lower movement speed.

Can die from the following:
Stand sleeping in bearers (exploding ground effects of different element types).
Standing next to a volatile mob in 6man parties. it never dies in 3man parties from this.
Standing in Chaos dmg on Strongbox triggers.

Just show me how to build it NOW!!!

Jewels

Choice of warcry

All the warcries taunt so which one you choose depends on which result you want. I recommend you swap around depending on need. Fx if in party with an offense auramancer then dont bother using rallying cry as dmg increase is minimal. If you are lazy and just dont want to use doedre's elixir constantly then enduring cry is the right choice.

If with a fast clearing group and is constantly using doedre's elixir then you can try using Abyssal Cry. PLEASE NOTE THIS REQUIRES A HIGH INTERACTION ON FLASK USE AND WARCRY TO BE EFFECTIVE. My best recommendation is just to use enduring cry as it requires less interaction and you are able to use doedre flask more often as you get more regen from the enduring cry

1. Enduring Cry (taunt, regen & endurance charges)
2 .Rallying Cry (taunt, inc dmg buff to party, mana regen)
3. Abyssal Cry (taunt, hinder -25movement speed to mobs & exploding mobs) great for hexproof maps

IF you prefer to use enduring cry for the life regen but is on a hexproof map another option is to change your weapon the following:

Variable Flask Setup

Notes:
1. Rumi's is purely for the armor & block, but could be a granite flask.
2. Doedre's is mainly to give charges to party at the cost of ES - i use it in between groups to keep their charges up.
3. A normal mana flask can be used if you do not feel you wish to sacrifice es loss on giving charges.
4. The Sorrow of the Divine OR overflowing chalice (also gives flask charges on other flasks) can be used to gain more ES Regen.
5. Bleed can hurt on Dark forest map so at least have one flask with remove bleed.
6. Kiara's Determination can get you out of the freezes if you feel you need to - i rarely ever use it as the build is so defensive.
7. Basalt and Stibnite flasks can be used as gap filers if needed for more armor or evasion until higher levels have been reached where you get more armor in skill tree.

it should be said i barely use flasks, mostly only a quicksilver and a doedre's in between packs when in the mood. This build is so defensive that it doesn't need them but they are there none the less if you need options.

LVL 100 Skilltree

Playstyle & Mechanics

Playstyle is to run near party preferably in front to assure mobs are curse through use of blasphemy before party engages. Having the enfeeble and Temporal chains slows mobs so much that you can literally go away from keyboard while you drop some kids at the pool (pun intended). As you arive at the mobs you use enduring cry to taunt (also generates ES regeneration). This prevents party from taking damage from the mobs while they kill. If mobs has high health and you for some reason need to take the focus away from you then place a decoy totem. In between mob groups you can use enduring cry to keep endurance charges up in combination with doedre flask to generate frenzies and power charges that is shared due to conduit in the skill tree. Pop Vaal haste when dps needs to either move faster OR just needs to nuke a boss down. If you choose not to use vaal haste you can use Vaal Grace which is a nice alternative if other party members are already using vaal haste.
For OH SHIT moments use the vaal discipline.

Mechanics worth mentioning:
1. Skill tree uses conduit in conjunction with enduring cry and doedre's elixir.
2. Stone Golem is used for life regeneration that is converted to ES regen due to zealot's oath.
3. Time of Need Ascendancy gives you a ton of life regen (again converted to es regen) which is nice as well as dispelling elemental status ailments.
4. Due to Prayer of Glory ascendancy you get free warcries some party bonus attack/cast speed on use of said warcries.
5. Shield Charge is linked to fortify to further increase your defenses and you charge into groups.
6. Getting more reserved life and mana also helps party member armor and es bonuses due to Radiant Faith Ascendancy
7. Unwavering Faith Ascendancy is quite important as it gives you life regeneration when you increase the amount of auras. This regen is again converted to ES regen due to your zealot's oath.
8. Uses triple curse setup that is increased in effect by skill tree nodes, helm enchant and further also by using an actual blasphemy gem inside the helmet. If you do not have the blasphemy with quality on the gem inside the helm then you loose out on a lot of curse effect and the linked curses will not be as effective thereby taking more frequent hits.
9. For more info see notes on flasks as there are a couple of useful flask notes.

You are too cheap and need a budget version?

Heretics Veil can be bought for 2ex instead of 25+ex if it is without temp chains curse effect. however you will need to put an enhance+blasphemy with quality on it inside the helm therefore only running 2 curses instead of 3.

Chayula without additional curse will most likely cost you 10c at most instead of 25ex.

Non legacy Shavronne's Wrappings 2x 3linked will most likely cost you 4 or 5ex. I DO URGE YOU - DO NOT USE SOLARIS LORICA. it is utter trash and will only cause you grief and pain when ripping causing a halt in levelling.

Enlighten lvl 4 is expensive but is worth it.

Expect at least a total of 20ex on a budget version as a minimum.

Plans for improvement

I plan to aquire the following:
1. prism guardian with +1 to gems as i do not need the resists.
2. better gloves with higher base ES.
3. Craft Better %ES rings
4. Get all my gems levelled
5. Place quality on the flasks that needs it.
6. Acquire Perfect Ephemeral Edge
7. Get better enchants for gloves and boots (those are yet to be decided).

Questions & Answers

Q. Will i need very specific gear for this build???
A. YES There is very little space for being creative with the stats, uniques and jewels if you wish to have a big enough ES buffer for hard hits.

Q. Will i need a lvl 4 enlighten???
A. YES you will need one lvl 4 enlighten and one lvl 3 to run all the auras and have mana left to cast the golem so i highly recommend it.

Q. Could you please post video's of your build???
A. NO i do not have the pc performance nor do i care to waste time on it.

Q. Will you respond to questions on this thread???
A. No please send me a direct whisper on my character wandersong if you have important life dependant questions as i wrote this guide to avoid all the questions about my build.

Q. Could this build be made on a witch with offense aura's?
A. Yes i do believe it could however you will loose a lot of tankiness. i have not tried it despite having a lvl 98 to try it on.
Last edited by goat4dinner on Nov 27, 2016, 2:59:47 AM
Last bumped on Mar 19, 2018, 5:45:46 AM
reserved
This build is fantabulous. After seeing it in action, I am very impressed - wet, even. It is an absurd build. How, under Kitava's watch, is this even possible?
Great tank, great guide, great guy! :-) thanks for all the invincible runs <3
You know those little plastic packages that you can't open with your hand or small scissors. Not those ones with the thin edges, the ones with 20 layers of 1mm plastic glued and heated on each other, so much glue that even a standard sized scissor doesnt do the trick, so much glue that you need a fudging 30cm jewish circumsize scissor to cut through it and get to the actual product, which is the just mentioned professional jewish circumsize equipment. Yeah those suck.

Nice build.
amazing build man ty 4 sharing and hope u do more
Thanks for all the kind comments.
Nice build man. Saw it in action. Mobs get slowed alot..just need a good DPS in party and its ok. Cheers!!
Updated tree to get more life, strength but exact same ES%. The increase to base life increases the armor provided to party. Thanks for the tip!
Last edited by goat4dinner on Nov 27, 2016, 3:43:30 AM
think im gonna play this in the new league...high ES and curses(with the new map mods i think aurabots will be even more loved)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info