[2.4] Hyaon's Fury Crit Blade Flurry

I'm somewhat sure someone has done something similar by now. (Link the thread to me if so!) It's very similar to Southpaw Reave with the use of the off-hand stat stick. This build is not optimal or outstanding in any way. GG items like unique flasks are excluded and unique essence crafting affixes aren't considered.

But since Hyaon's Fury seemed like a cool, but forgotten item (and thus very cheap), I tried to build something around this elemental weapon. From the tree/ascendancies, power charges, support gem and diamond flask, you can get a decent crit chance. (although at a noticeable cost to life/survival). Originally, I tried Hyaon's with IceCrash (but not reave for some reason; reave might be the best of all melee?), but with Blade Flurry being a new skill and potentially overtuned, I gave it a shot.

My gear is pretty terrible, and there are definitely way better versions using Blade Flurry. Ah well, see when I'll be too squishy to progress. Only on yellow maps so far.

PRO
- very budget friendly, (get started with just 2-3 chaos of unique weapons)
- decent clear speed
- optional dual curse
- great for AoE and single target

CON
- Somewhat squishy since life is lacking
- Power charge generation is clunky
- Hyaon's sword makes you a little squishier and can't be used until level 66
- Somewhat reliant on curses for leech and charges (leech can be gotten on passive tree)
- Can't do crazy map mods likely?

(There are probably one-hand&shield / CI versions of this (for more defense/EHP), but tradeoff for offense. Perhaps a high elemental DPS rare dagger would work with all the crit chance nodes at the top side of the tree.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Required Uniques

Hyaon's Fury

1 chaos approximately - Damage rolls can vary greatly on this item. Expect to pay more for the top end.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Items (get +intelligence and +accuracy from items as needed)
Spoiler

Weapons
Spoiler

Recommended Unique Weapons

Doryani's Catalyst

10-20 chaos - Great Elemental damage boost, global critical strike boost, elemental leech

Death's Hand

15-30 chaos - Easy power charge generation, Unholy might damage buff. Probably not as good as Doryani's in my opinion.

Budget Unique Weapons - Alternatives

Relentless Fury - 1 alch - Culling strike and easy onslaught buff

Lavianga's Wisdom - 1 alch - Small amount of life and extra AoE

Body Armor
Spoiler

Armor bases that easy-ish to get GGBBR sockets are the ES/Evasion hybrids.
Carcass Jack

2-30 chaos - Easy to get colors with chromatics. More AoE, some life and some resists

Belly of the Beast
5-10 chaos - If you want more life, go with this cheaper option.

Or a Rare with Life and resists

Other notable uniques are Lightning Coil, Kintsugi.

Boots, Helm, Gloves
Spoiler

Get accuracy on gloves or helm as needed and if you don't use Poacher's Mark curse.

Boots

Windscream

1 alch - Ok move speed, some resists, no life, but +1 curse

Or a Rare with Life and resists. +Movespeed is up to personal choice since we use Whirling Blades.

Head
Possible uniques include Rat's Nest, Starkonja, Devoto's Devotion, Abyssus (if you are leet)

Or a Rare with Life and resists.

Hands
Facebreakers or Maligaro's Virtuosity - If you want damage stats and your resists are capped.
Or a Rare with Life, resists, and attack speed

Belt, Rings, Amulet
Spoiler

Belt
Rare Leather or Heavy Belt - Life, resists, Weapon Elemental Damage or Flasks mods are nice bonus

Amulet (Get +accuracy as needed and if you don't use Poacher's Mark curse.)
Rare - +Intelligence Amulet - Life, global crit chance, crit multi, accuracy, resists, flat added elemental damage

Rings(Get +accuracy as needed and if you don't use Poacher's Mark curse.)
Rares (diamond ring if possible) - Life, flat added elemental damage, weapon elemental damage %, resists, lightning damage

Possible uniques are maybe Romira's Banquet (+accuracy, crit, crit multi, power charge generation), Doedre's Damning (+1 curse), Call of the Brotherhood (For chill/freeze effects)

Gem Links
Spoiler

The utility links are flexible, but Blade Flurry is pretty straightforward. Swap in Conc Effect for bosses as needed.

BFlurry - Weapon Elemental Damage - Increased Crit Strikes - Faster Attacks - Increased AOE/Conc Effect

6th link options - Fortify, Added Fire, Innervate, Added Lightning, Power Charge on Crit, Increased Crit Damage, Melee Damage on Full Life (I think this is not limited to physical damage only)

Orb of Storms - Power Charge on Crit - Curse on hit - Warlord's Mark (endurance charge, leech, stun boost) -

Wrath/Herald of Thunder - Herald of Ice - Curse on hit - Poacher's Mark (flask charges, frenzy charges, accuracy boost); I wanted to work in innervate potentially for the onslaught, but potentially not worth it... Wrath aura is better for damage than Herald of Thunder

Cast When Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Inc Duration - Golem/Arctic Armour

Ancestral Warchief - Weapon Elemental - Conc Effect/Faster Attacks

Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify

Flasks
Spoiler

2 Life flasks, 1 Diamond, Rumi's, last flask is up to you (Stibnite, Basalt, Atziri's Promise, Silver etc).

Rumi's Concoction - Strong defensive boost

8-12 chaos - Expect to pay more for better % rolls

Among the blue flasks, need at 1 flask with "of Staunching" for bleeds, 1 "of Heat" for freeze. Nice addition is 1 "of Warding" for curse removal. I dropped quicksilver since whirling blades is fast enough.

Jewels
Spoiler

You want life, crit and attack speed. There may be a spot for a Static Electricity Unique Jewel somewhere, though not sure if it's worth it.

Prefix: Life, sword/one-handed/dual wielding attack speed, lightning damage
Suffix: attack speed, global crit chance, global crit multi, melee crit chance, attack&cast speed

Ascendancy
Spoiler

Normal - Righteous Providence - crit
Cruel - Inevitable Judgment (Crits ignore resistance!)
Merciless - Instruments of Virtue - attack speed
Uber - Augury of Penitence - passive damage and defense

Passive tree
Spoiler

http://poeplanner.com/AAMAARRBQU1GQVJzQVlfbmRpNHhLbU14bWxGekFaZ1N6b2dEd0h6d0Y3M3lmMzVvN2dwdnNPSVY3WmxRNjJDY3ZrRlVhT0dqeXIyd0xZY2F1UEMyRHpJTmZ0ejctQ3RpOU5aSzE4bTZxU3NnX0p5cE5BTzRzNllhekZTQVp0TDZuWlUyOU5rZC05cVB2ZXROLTdnNmppaVAyVFpLTmZUQjhmWFgtdXZ6RkRZMkhkdU9mU24wVjltSjVBQVpSUi1kVUpQM18zbGI2ZDlkMG9GaDFCaUFYM0FhaXhQWnlxZmN5a24zY0k1aHY1Y19xR0hhc3ozNy1qMDNqcGxjMzFPMF9MWVA0Njd2dGtjN3ozV2hsTW9sMzVRPT0ACEFBQUFBUUFBAAA=

Most of the good crit nodes are taken at this point. Can/should fill in life as needed. 192% increased life not including life from jewels. Options to take attack life/mana leech nodes, flask nodes, additional power charge or frenzy charge, jewel socket near Scion resist nodes, the elemental weapon damage cluster, Vaal Pact, Acrobatics if you don't want to use Rumi's flask.

Levelling?
Spoiler

Passive tree is flexible to level with. Any melee weapon/skill can be used since there are no weapon specific nodes taken until later on. And crit nodes aren't taken until level 50-60. Hyaon's Fury minimum level is 66. You can add on crit nodes once you finish Cruel Labyrinth for the Crits Ignore Resistances.

Last bumped on Nov 27, 2016, 12:37:31 AM
May try this out next league. Was wondering how well the build is doing in terms of damage.
"
Grimm101 wrote:
May try this out next league. Was wondering how well the build is doing in terms of damage.

Last time I played Hayon's the damage wasn't the problem if you get a decent amount of frenzies. The issues it has are these two (at least for me):

1) Survivability. Main issue imo. The main hayon's downside is if you stack too many frenzies you will get shat on by any monster on higher tier map since monsters actually start to hurt there. CI could fix a bit of that problem (due to better life pool), but it will require too much of an investment to be worth it. Stuff will eventually touch you, and you will suffer very much from it.

2) The build is relying on tempo. Start map, frenzy on first mob, fly through map. If you loose frenzies slow down. Kinda feel that hayon's build will struggle in lab or uber atziri.
"

1) Survivability. Main issue imo. The main hayon's downside is if you stack too many frenzies you will get shat on by any monster on higher tier map since monsters actually start to hurt there. CI could fix a bit of that problem (due to better life pool), but it will require too much of an investment to be worth it. Stuff will eventually touch you, and you will suffer very much from it.

I don't get extra frenzy charges at all - just the base 3. But yes, not much in defenses and relying on meh block chance sucks ... and 5-5.5k life at like lvl90+ maybe with very high life rolls doesn't seem to be enough in - I'm likely too noob for the one-shot stuffs. CI could be done if Hayon's base critical chance wasn't so terrible (requiring points in tree to compensate).

"

The build is relying on tempo. Start map, frenzy on first mob, fly through map. If you loose frenzies slow down. Kinda feel that hayon's build will struggle in lab or uber atziri.

I suppose I should mention in the original post that Hayon's is used simply because it has excellent ele DPS on a super tight budget (i.e. new players/league start?). Stacking frenzy charges is not needed anyway, as you even said the drawback will become noticeable.

This isn't intended for uber atziri methinks, though I'm sure the min-maxers/ppl who know the fight might manage it somehow.

I'll try to get some screenshots of sheet dps I guess.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info