[2.5] Assassin Crit Dagger Blade Flurry (cheap)

Hi,

Here's my build for the Breach league.

Cf. some thoughts you can see below in the changelog, i'll go once again life based. I just can't see how i could go ES / CI, it'll be too expensive, especially with this gems setup. I'll still let the trees i did for ES / CI. Maybe i'll use them later in the league.

Here is the skill tree (112 passive points - lvl 91 ; PoEPlanner link).
PT reviewed tree, mostly some damage / crit nodes cut to get the 5 jewel slots ; 109 passive points - lvl 88 (PoEPlanner link).

Bandits : Oak (+40 life) / none (+8% attack speed from Kraityn can be good too) / Alira (+1 power charge).

I did an hybrid ES w/ life version (PoEPlanner link) and a CI version (PoEPlanner link), not sure about the Essence Surge since you leech. Maybe Throatseeker is better instead, or else like double Curse with Whispers of Doom.

Gems (required stats : 111 str (not tree fulfilled, 67 left), 155 int, 155 dex) :
  • 5/6l Blade Flurry + Melee Phys Dmg + Melee Dmg on Full Life + Faster Attacks + Inc. AoE / Conc. Effect (+ Added Fire Damage). GRRGB(R). You may want to use Inc. Crit. Dmg instead of Melee Dmg on Full Life depending on how well you leech and keep your life full. Sockets would be GRBGB(R).
  • 4l Cast when Dmg Taken + Inc. Duration + Immortal Call + Phase Run. RRRG.
  • 4l Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Fortify + Culling Strike. GGRG.
  • 4l Orb of Storms + Power Charge on Crit + Curse on Hit + Vulnerability. BBBB.
  • 3l Herald of Ice + Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark. GBB.
  • 3s Hatred / Grace, Summon Ice Golem, Blood Rage. GGG.

I chose Vulnerability / Assassin's Mark, but you could use any other curse you'd like. On Herald of Ice, Assassin's Mark (B) is a nice QoL to not have to put the Orb of Storms to generate our power charges. Enfeeble (B) for hard bosses / hard maps mods on the Orb of Storms setup, Warlord's Mark (R) eventually for more leech and additional defense layer, etc. The choice is yours here. The only issue you may have is the socket color if you want to swap a curse gem that aren't blue. You can get a white socket with a Vaal Orb but that may be risky.
Some utility skills can also be nice like Vaal Lightning Trap (B), Vaal Haste (G), etc.

About gear, it's pretty basic. I personally go with whatever i loot, and if i'm not capped, search poe.trade for some life + 2 res items, it costs literally nothing (you're good with 1c / item).
  • Armors : Life + resistances. Try to get some evasion, 1 or 2 items with accuracy (could be on a weapon). 30% movement speed is mandatory on boots obviously. On gloves attack speed and flat added physical damages are always good. You'll want some strength too to reach the 111 requirement as we get only 30 from the tree (+14 as a shadow), 67 strength are needed (while leveling you can still take 1 or 2 +30 str nodes).
  • Jewellery : What i said for armors still apply here. But for a longterm vision, you can also have attack speed and flat added physical damages on rings. On the amulet, you'll want some crit strike multiplier, flat added physical damages also available, ...
  • Weapon(s) : Some interesting uniques are Bino's and Death's Hand (since it's a mace, pure bonus as Blade Flurry will not use it). Otherwise if you're like me most of the time, just try to find some good daggers with +% physical damages, flat added physcial damages, attack speed. On top of that you'd want crit strike chance and crit strike multiplier. But have fun getting all these stats together.
  • You can see my character here, the one following this build is HarestheHoff.

Note : I'm not used to do builds but i wanted to do my own for once. Generally i just adjust a build found on the forum. So it'll not be perfect at all. Feel free to comment.

Changelog (most recent first) :
    [spoiler]
    • Character link changed to redirect on HarestheHoff.
    • Added a link to my characters in the gear section.
    • Removed the "attempt intro" as i'm playing the build atm.
    • Added Inc. Crit. Dmg as an eventual replacement of Melee Dmg on Full Life in the Blade Flurry gem setup.
    • Phase Run is a dexterity gem, fixed the RRRB to RRRG link on CwDT setup. Also update the HoI setup, i'm using Assassin's Mark.
    • Added a little note regarding the utility skills & curse choice.
    • Read the 2.5 patch note. Blade Flurry is all good.
    • Added life based tree reviewed by PT.
    • Cleaned up the build (removed some texts), updated the initial life skill tree to add Acrobatics in it. Added some gear info, gems colors, ...
    • Mostly final gems setup.
    • Thoughts about sockets issues.
    • Personal note added about different possibilities.
    • Updated the gems section a little : Melee Dmg. on Full Life for BF. Fortify on Whirling Blades, Orb of Storms PCoC for hexproof maps.
    • Added hybrid ES/Life tree and CI tree

(Initial) texts removed : [spoiler]
    Here's my build attempt for the league to come. Even if the skill may be nerf, we shall see*. It's still a very nice "melee" skill i want to try.
    *Well, it's all good.
    ----------------------------
    I did a thread related on /r/pathofexilebuilds but since i still don't have all the answers, i'm also putting this here with some changes done since (mainly more life, and took accuracy, had none before).
    ----------------------------
    Atm i don't have much question left in fact except maybe about the power charge generation, and some choices about gems. Assassinate ascendancy node is considered garbage it seems. But Unstable Infusion is shitty too right ? I mean there's no way i'll generate my charges with 10% chance on non-crit ? With like 70% crit chance it'll be like 3% / attack. I had an Occultist with the 10% on crit (something like 50% crit chance i believe, not great but okayish), i couldn't generate enough and chose the Orb of Storms + Inc. Crit. + PCoC.
    [/spoiler]
    Previous gems section version : [spoiler]
    I assume i'll go dagger + shield and about gems :
    • 5/6l Blade Flurry + Melee Phys Dmg + Inc. AoE + Faster Attacks + Melee Dmg on Full Life + Added Fire Damage.
    • 4l CwDT + Inc. Duration + Immortal Call + whatever (phase run for instance, summoning the golem, etc.)
    • 4l Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Culling Strike + Fortify.
    • Hexproof map -> 3l Orb of Storms + Inc. Crit. + Power Charge on Crit. Otherwise, probably a wither totem for the last 4l : Wither + Spell Totem + Faster Casting + Inc. Duration.
    • 3l Herald of Ice + Curse on Hit + ???. ??? = Either enfeeble, assassin / poacher / warlord's mark. Assassin would be a good Power Charge generator here but not enough reliable on Hexproof maps.
    • 3s Hatred, Summon Ice Golem, Blood Rage eventually.

Personal note : I think i'll generate my charges with Orb of Storms and drop the wither totem because it'd be too much of a hassle to switch. And i'll not have to use assassin's mark curse that way. I'll probably choose warlord's mark due to the great survivability it offers aka more leech and 12% physical damage reduction. We'll see how it goes. Having to put the orb frequently as well as dashing with whirling blades a lot may be boring.
    I could also not care about hexproof and using just assassin's mark, skipping hexproof maps. And put Fortify on Blade Flurry instead of Added Fire for instance if damages are good enough without it (and having a 6l, yep that's a lot of conditions).
    Dropping Essence Surge would enable Whispers of Doom also to get an additional curse. But i'm not yet confident in the effectiveness of Herald of Ice to put the curses.
    Seems like i'll have some... issues with sockets /fear. CwDT setup and Whirling Blades are both 4l off (green and red only), and the chest is.. 5 off (3 red, 2 green, 1 blue). I guess i'll have to go hybrid first, i've underestimated that part when thinking going ES (and CI).
    [/spoiler]
    Initial gems section version : [spoiler]
    I assume i'll go dual daggers and about gems :
    • 5/6l Blade Flurry + Melee Phys Dmg + Inc. AoE + Faster Attacks + Added Fire Damage + ???. ??? = Either Inc. Crit. / Inc. Crit. Dmg., eventually Power Charge on Crit (or i put that on Orb of Storms as i did lastly but meh), Added Chaos ?
    • 3/4l Herald of Ice + Curse on Hit + ??? (+ PCoC if it's possible ?). ??? = Either enfeeble, assassin / poacher / warlord's mark. Assassin would be a good Power Charge generator here but not enough reliable on Hexproof maps.
    • 4l CwDT + Inc. Duration + Immortal Call + whatever (phase run for instance, summoning the golem, etc.)
    • 3l Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Culling Strike.
    • 3s Hatred, Summon Ice Golem, Blood Rage eventually.
    • Probably a wither totem for the last 4l : Wither + Spell Totem + Faster Casting + Inc. Duration.

Cf. Reddit link i never went CI so it's again a life build. Plus early league, i'm not sure CI is a good choice anyway, especially for a cheap build.[/spoiler]
    [/spoiler]
  • Last edited by Harest on Jan 17, 2017, 1:26:29 PM
    Last bumped on Dec 26, 2016, 4:56:01 PM
    For Gem Setup

BF- Faster Attacks- Melee Phys.- Inc. crit. damage- inc. Aoe ( conc. effect for bosses)

6th link was Melee dmg. on full life, if you are life based go for fortify.

Get Powercharges through Your Herald with Curse on Hit and Assassins Mark (this works really well in every build/ case)

for hexproof orb of storms, inc. crit. strikes and pcoc.

No need for dual daggers one bino is enough until you can afford a better one.

You will need a shield for life or es

IF you go poison, as you suggested wither totem, don't run hatred or any elemental dmg (so no added fire)

since poison only scales through phys and chaos dmg.

for that you can try an added chaos gem in your dps setup.

Also instead of herald / Hatred run Vulnerability on Blasphemy and assassins mark for power charges.

Your passive tree in general is quite open to what you go. Elemental or Poison.

If you go Poison you might wanna grab: Entropy and Fatal Toxins
    Thanks for the answer.

I totally forgot fortify, it'd be indeed a nice survivability boost. If not as a 6l on BF, i could try to put in on Whirling Blades maybe.

About poison, it's not necessarily that i'll go for it, but since i'm doing an assassin, i'll put bleed + poison, and get some extra chaos damages all from the first 4 ascendancy points. I put this wither totem here at the end because i thought it'd fit well in that last 4l slot.
    Hatred as well as added fire are some "huge" multiplicative damages. And with the crit, it'll also be quite nice in addition to the herald of ice.
    If i go instead with vulnerability and assassin's mark, do you mean getting an additional curse with doedre ring or else ?

I took Fatal Toxins at first (cf. tree in the reddit thread), but i removed these 3 points to get a little more life from ranger start (as someone suggested it). I could eventually take back that 10 points and take instead life around Thick skin which would give me 4 points left for Fatal Toxins and eventually Entropy if i get mana leech on an item. Edit : Nope, miscalculted i'd only get 2 points by doing so, not 4.
    Last edited by Harest on Nov 20, 2016, 10:44:38 AM
    my ci blade flurry with bino's
    https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/hmjlr123/characters
    "

What's the DPS here? Seems very strong. Given all the details - vaal pact to heal, abyssus then increases incoming damage, etc - how much can you facetank with this?
    "
    Minomols wrote:
    "

What's the DPS here? Seems very strong. Given all the details - vaal pact to heal, abyssus then increases incoming damage, etc - how much can you facetank with this?

besides annoying and very dangerous reflect, you cant facetank hard burst with abyssus because even 40% debuff is really strong, especially if you take crit. to mitigate this and take benefits, you will need large es pool (around 12k+), couple of flasks (toh, basalt, sapphire), enfeeble min 20, and endurance charges. without it, you can get easy oneshot (or almost) from good and fast phys damagers, such as trio. also abyssus become a real big pain with extra damage mods. be aware
    Last edited by R.0.M.K.A on Dec 26, 2016, 5:05:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info