2.4 Two-Handed non crit Wild Strike (SC) New player friendly

I started this build in 2.1 and it got a lot better since I think.

Here's the old thread I was following: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1423736

This is the build I came into PoE with and I keep going back to it here and there because it's really fun to play and generally until you get into high tier maps doesn't require that much focus. A lot changed since the build was created so I'm obviously very interested in any tips on how to make it better or to new equipment that could be added to this build as I don't follow of the game all that much.

Wild Strike got a 19% buff in the 2.4 patch and where it lacked damage it doesn't really anymore. Whenever you go into melee range and enemies can attack you they need to die and die fast and it used to be lacking when I was trying tougher maps. The ceiling is much higher now especially with flask buffs and ascendancy that I didn't have before my damage doubled or tripled in certain circumstances and it continues to get better.

If you're a newer player it's definitely a fun build. There are no unique you absolutely need for this build to work, but whenever you can get one of them they usually add a good boost to your character and allow you to reach the next level.

Build explanation

Thanks to Zvoovv who created the build for this part.

Lets start with some Pros and Cons:

Pros:
1. Very fast clearing speed
2. Tanky if u play with the right playstyle
3. Can play solo very easily
4. Very fun build to play with!

Cons:
1. Pretty expensive if you go with beyond items
2. Movment speed is pretty low (for my opinion)
3. Can be laggy on weak computers

Old thread suggested we could do reflect elemental and physical maps, but I don't think it's viable. I'm not exactly sure if anything changed since then or I'm lacking in some armor, but with the amount of dps I do I die almost as soon as I attack. It's generally just better to re-roll to anything else.

The Wild Strike skill is a very interesting and complicated one. It affected from elemental, physical, chaining, projectile and more.
The most important thing you should remember is that 60% of the physical damage is converted to elemental, and passive points spent on "increase physical damage with swords", or "increase physical damage with two handed weapon" does affect on the Wild Strike triggered attacks if it used the right weapon. Supporting gems which adds physical damage like "Melee Physical Damage" does increase the melee damage of the skill, but not affect on the triggered attacks. The DPS values shown on the skill tooltip indicates only the melee damage of the skill, and doesn't include the elemental damage. The main target you should get is the cold, fire and lightning damage on the tooltip.

Here is the main idea of the build, the Wild Strike works awesome with spamming the skill, so for endless spamming and to solve all the mana problems, I chose to use the Tournament Thief's Prismatic Ring, which grants +life +mana regain for each hit(!!!) and with the right keystone "Resolute Technique" it means you never miss and always have life and mana regain!
In adition, we dont need a mana flask at all, and we can use another powerful flask instead.
There is one more thing to consider, that ring doesnt allows you to use one more ring.
For those who asks themselves why I didn't use bloodmagic gem, I did and I added the Arctic Armor gem but it didn't work well enough, the damage was pretty low.

Defense we go on pure armour, with the "Iron Reflexes" keystone we don't need to stick to armour type equipment, and if you'll use "Belly of the Beast" as I suggest you will gain a nice HP bonus.
For maximizing the defense, we go on fortify and endurance charges with a CWDT combination. Enduring cry is no longer works with CWDT, so we need to find another solution, I recommend to use Warlord's Mark with curse on hit, and CWDT with Immortal Call, Molten Shell and Increased Duraion, as I'll explain on the gem setup later.

Passive Tree

Thanks to Zvoovv who created the build for this part

Complete Tree https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAuR2ZKxXsvYHKkITZR369NmVNvqeplIdqkGypJ4Tv2sF07QUteu9AoCFgdPEppWEhGlX6GIjt7nrh7zboAef8SxRNvJ8Ykacwns3SIfJBggfZfFcN2WGtjc9-dqwZLusJhVKXeQmWOQ7kURQg7w5QR18_jM_2SD38xthYYxRxG6qBOvJaEPBjF9d-wQfE9iftidhyqWhY15ZVqZe0agH-VA3NK1Aczq-nxq79MIiPGuRqpTwtg1-DzP4Ktz7YvfcyfNmAinYr900hVV4TJyCKIiz7wKYHddw9G_q2LCXfpBnyRTrhplcxnoZgSdXzbwm7AwB-mg==
Current Tree https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAuR0V7JkrypC9gYTZR369NmVNvqeplIdqkGypJ4Tv2sF07XrvBS1AoCFgdPEppSFVXhPApgd13D0nIIoiLPthIRpVNugUTQHnGJG8n_xLpzCezYjt-hjueuHv0iHZfIIH8kEUcYE68loQ8BuqYxfXfsEHVw3ZYYVSOQ7rCeRRl3kJlhQg7w5QR18_PfyMz_ZIxthYY62Nz352rBkuJ-3E9nKp15ZoWInYagGXtFWpfNn3Mv5UDc0rUBzOr6eDzDwtxq6DX7c-8kX-Cti9pBm2LCXfG_oa5IiP_TBqpfdNdiuAig==
Level 20
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAuR29gZkrFezKkITZZU29Nkd-vqeHaqmUkGypJ4Tv2sF67wUtdO1hIQ==
Level 40
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAuR29gZkrFezKkITZZU29Nkd-vqeHaqmUkGypJ4Tv2sF67wUtdO1hIe56-hiI7RpV4e9AoF4TwKYHddw9IVUnIIoiLPsB5zboFE38S7yfGJG2LCXfG_o=
Level 60
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAuR29gZkrFezKkITZZU29Nkd-vqeHaqmUkGypJ4Tv2sF67wUtdO1hIe56-hiI7RpV4e9AoF4TwKYHddw9IVUnIIoiLPsB5zboFE38S7yfGJG2LCXfG_qkGZ7NpzDSIdl8ggfyQYVS2WFXDQmWOQ7rCZd5gTryWhDwG6oUcdd-wQc=
Level 80
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAuR29gZkrFezKkITZZU29Nkd-vqeHaqmUkGypJ4Tv2sF67wUtdO1hIe56-hiI7RpV4e9AoF4TwKYHddw9IVUnIIoiLPsB5zboFE38S7yfGJG2LCXfG_qkGZ7NpzDSIdl8ggfyQYVS2WFXDQmWOQ7rCZd5gTryWhDwG6oUcdd-wQdjF-RRFCDvDlBHXz89_IzP9kjG2FhjGS4n7cT2cqn3MnzZIWB08SmlrY3Pfnas
Level 90
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAuR29gZkrFezKkITZZU29Nkd-vqeHaqmUkGypJ4Tv2sF67wUtdO1hIe56-hiI7RpV4e9AoF4TwKYHddw9IVUnIIoiLPsB5zboFE38S7yfGJG2LCXfG_qkGZ7NpzDSIdl8ggfyQYVS2WFXDQmWOQ7rCZd5gTryWhDwG6oUcdd-wQdjF-RRFCDvDlBHXz89_IzP9kjG2FhjGS4n7cT2cqn3MnzZIWB08SmlrY3Pfnas15ZoWInYValqAZe0_lQNzStQHM6vp4NfPC3GroPM2L3-Crc-8kUa5IiP_TBqpfdNdiuAig==

DPS

Wild strike with aura is 87k dps
With Ascendency buff and flask I can hit 181k (without vaal haste) and I'm still lacking the best flask I need to complete the build
Wild strike also attack everything around the target up to pretty far so clearing speed is really good.
In the old build suggested double strike for single target and his max dps showed 181k. I only have a 5 link for double strike so I never use it. I'm considering just using that 5 link to buff or curse or something. I really need help here. But double strike is really good while leveling up as a single target because wild strike will be lacking vs boss at times.

Ascendency

I went gladiator. Bane of legends gives unslaughtafter a rare kill for 20 seconds and it kills any enemy at 20% hp so you only need to do 80% damage.
Headsman gives 20% damage and 15% aoe after a kill which is basically a perma buff and it helps with phys reflect even tho it still kills you fast. Endless hunger helps with life leech which helps survivng longer in longer fights. Last 2 points can be spent on Brutal favour for extra survivability as well.

Equipment
Next, I'll explain about the equipment you should use.

Here is my current equipment:

I think i've been really lucky with the sword purchase. I got it a long time ago, but if I recall I got it for 5c and now i can't seem to be able to upgrade it. I really suggest going 6 links in the chest part and just get the best two-handed sword you can get.

I just noticed my boots are pretty lacking. Boots definitely needs movement speed. On armor we mainly go for life and tri res. On belt if you can, +elemental damage is really good. Astramentis is really good later on. It's probably the most expensive part beside a 6 link chest. At first you can get some stats on your armor to get the minimum requirement which is around 125 dex and 110 int. Once you go for tri rest armour and life you'll need astramentis to give you all the stats you need.

The ring Thief's torment is awesome for regen it makes you have full mana all the time and use most of it for aura's. Hatred and herald of ash. Devoto is good for movement speed, attack speed and chaos res. The more attack speed you have the more you regen from thief's torment as well, but any good helmet does the job for sure.

Belly of the beast was a game changer for me. The extra hp is awesome plus tri res. Some people were suggesting lightning coil. It looks like a really good armor too I guess it's up to the player. Any suggestion would be nice.

Zvoovv had given these explanation back then.

Helmet: There are two options, first, can be armour or evasion helmet with +HP +Tri Res. The second option, that I like to use is the Devoto's Devotion with great advantage of attack speed and mov speed. If you maxed your resistance go for Devoto's Devotion.
Chest: I like to use the "Belly of the Beast" which give a high advantage of HP.
Gloves: Should be rare with high armour or evasion +HP +Tri res, if u feel tanky enough, u can take one with attack speed for more DPS.
Boots: Should be rare with high armor or evasion +hp +tri res +movement speed. The movement speed is very important here, this is the only bonus of movement speed u'll get on this build. Try to get atleast with 20% movement speed.
Belt: I like the Rustic Sash for the damage advantage, but u can use leather too. try to get one with +HP +Tri res. Go for elemental damage with crafting it works pretty well.

Gem Setup
Gem Setup
I would like you to know that I tried alot of combination with the wild strike skill, I spent many hours (and chroms) to find the best combination that will gives the most powerful damage from the skill. The multistrike is very important to keep high attack speed and recovering of the mana and HP pools of your character.
For Auras, we go on Hatred and Herald of Ash for the high fire and cold damage. Vaal Haste is recommended, and it gives a nice damage advantage.

4L - Vaal Haste, Herald of Ash, Hatred, Increase Duration
6L - Wild Strike, Physical to Lightning, Faster Attack, Multistrike, Weapon Elemental Damage, Melee physical damage (with 5L - Faster Attack)
6L - Double strike, Faster attacks, Weapon Elemental Damage, Multistrike, Melee Physical Damage, Added fire damage. (with 5L - WED)

IF ANYONE HAS SUGGESTIONS TO REPLACE DOUBLE STRIKE WITH ANYTHING ELSE THEN AN ATTACK I'D LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT IT

There are two options for curses, both works very good, the first option is more defensive and the second is more offensive. I like to use the offensive one but choose your favorite:

The defensive
4L - Leap Slam, Curse on hit, Warlord's mark, Fortify
4L - CWDT, Immortal Call, Molten Shell, Increase Duration.

The offensive
4L - Leap Slam, Curse on hit, Elemental Weakness, Fortify
4L - CWDT, Phase Run, Molten Shell, Increase Duration.

Flasks
For Flasks, I go for this combination:
1. Life Flask (Immunity to bleed - must!)
2. Taste of Hate Sapphire Flask
3. Lion's Roar Granite Flask.
4. Atziri's Promise Amethyst Flask.
5. Quicksilver Flask (I like one with immunity to freeze)

Each of those flasks (except the life and quicksilver) adds damage. The Lion's Roar is very important for bosses or high amount of monsters pack, in addition, the flask that I like the most is the Taste of Hate, which gives high cold damage bonus and improves the defense thanks to the cold converting.
The Atziri's Promise is important too for the chaos damage and good solution for chaos ressistance.

My build still needs taste of hate which is couple exalts you can buy incrementaly by getting the hunger divination card for cheap sometimes if you're patient.

Bandits
Bandits:
Normal: Oak
Cruel: Kill All
Merciless: Kill All

Jewels
Jewels:
If you follow my build you'll have 3 jewels sockets, I recommend for jewels with physical damage, melee damage, and atk speed. Jewel whcih adds life or mana on hit can give
a great advantage.

Playstyle
Playstyle:
Here we go for the playstyle, the idea is to gain fortify for reducing damage and curse the enemies with the warlord's mark for the endurance charges.
This combination makes you less vulnerable for damage and can preform the Immortal Call with the CWDT for your endurance charges.
You need to rush the mobs with the leap slam, that grants you fortify and curse them, and then start spamming with the Wild Strike.

Hope everybody enjoys the build. Hopefully Zvoovv isn't mad I copy pasted a bit of his stuff, but the build is really awesome and I wanted to give a bit of an update without having to redo the whole thing.

As I said any suggestion would be great I don't follow PoE's development as much as I should so if there are new piece of equipment or change in the skill tree I should aim for it would be great to know. If anyone has any question I can try to help as well. It's a fun build to level up with and you can go pretty deep in maps. How deep? That's what I'm working to figure out!

Thanks everybody and bring on the feedback!
Last edited by kammalleri on Nov 18, 2016, 6:05:18 PM
Last bumped on Nov 18, 2016, 5:32:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info