2.6 "KAMEHAMEHA" Self-Cast RF Scorching Ray Inquisitor/Chieftain

"
clockslapper wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
1) +3 staff and Kaoms' would face the same issues as The Searing Touch and Kaoms' that I mentioned in the guide i.e. you'd have to give up RF to run it. If you're okay with that, then sure.

Don't forget you can leo mood the (10 to 20)% reduced Damage taken from Damage Over Time on a staff or a bow that it does take a prefix tho..

Good point. I've never made a staff/bow RF build before though, so I can't comment on whether that would work out here or not. Maybe someone who has can modify my build to make it work.
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 2, 2016, 7:02:56 AM
Thank you for the response, you really covered everything.

Interesting thoughts on CwC, i suspect the more dmg multipliers taking priority over a CwC setup but i'll be following your guide to see what you discover.

And yes silly of me to ask you about tips when you havent played the build yet^^
I am just very eager to get my plan for transitioning to LL work (once i have the appropriate amount of currency ofc), but i feel like your template here is the most solid shot at a starter version of the build as i dont want to roll multiple characters using too similar setups if i can avoid it.
What skill set up would u use for leveling?
Build looks interesting for sure! Would you advise it as starter in HC league and what are you thoughts regarding playing it in HC in general?
"
Lifeb wrote:
What skill set up would u use for leveling?

Firestorm should work. Or Flameblast or Fire Trap. If you don't mind being a little slower, then Scorching Ray is available to the Templar (not the Marauder, though you can probably buy it for next to nothing since it's an early quest gem) right from the Merveil quest in Act 1 Normal.
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 2, 2016, 9:27:42 AM
"
Bonemachinex wrote:
Build looks interesting for sure! Would you advise it as starter in HC league and what are you thoughts regarding playing it in HC in general?

Well, it's an RF (aka stack HP) build and so should be hardcore viable. The Templar gets the defensive bonuses of Consecrated Ground while the Marauder gets constant 7(+) Endurance charges (and so also possibly a lot of Immortal Calls). It shouldn't be very expensive either. So yes, it should work in HC. If going life, I'd recommend the Marauder version for HC. And get a good amount of armor up as well. If you choose to go Templar, it might be even better to make use of your position in the passive tree to try an ES version since CI gets those ridiculous life pools. You could also perhaps try Occultist for HC. No particular benefit to this build apart from +1 curse but she's nothing if not tanky.
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 2, 2016, 10:09:16 AM
How do you play HC chieftain? You put your totem SR and wait for the kill? Or you cast SR and the totem ascendancy is not mandatory?
Embrace the vaal and the corruption! Only then, you will be bless by Atziri. That's how I got a Headhunter in the Atziri Apex of Sacrifice!
I have a build very similar to this mid seventies (got distracted by new league). Uses black sun crest for int/str.

Damage is decent, but my SR gem is only lvl 16 or so, so that should vastly improve. Life is currently only around 5k but I still have 10 or so easily accessible life nodes remaining to grab.

I run Arctic armor and PoF on mana reservation and CoH similar to how you have it set up, but flamability.

Also, chieftain is far superior than templar for this.
Last edited by wraith08 on Dec 3, 2016, 11:39:58 PM
Hey i was wondering how it is you get enough int to wear the Repentance gloves
"
Asmodee007 wrote:
How do you play HC chieftain? You put your totem SR and wait for the kill? Or you cast SR and the totem ascendancy is not mandatory?

Well, if your totem isn't doing the killing, then I wouldn't really call it a totem build tbh. So yes, you summon totems to kill for you. The plural there is the key. The reason totems are good at killing stuff isn't because they're better than you (they pretty much never are), but rather because you can summon many of them. You can play totems without a totem ascendancy, but you'd be gimping yourself. In that regard, you could even play this as a Hierophant, although Chieftain is really the better choice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info