Delay accessing stash when having very many tabs

This is probably not a bug per se, as much as it is likely a consequence of another change to how the stash is handled.

I have a fairly ridiculous number of remove-only tabs in my Standard and Hardcore stashes (several hundred, enough that I can't imagine taking the time to clear them all).

In prior POE releases, there was never any delay in accessing the stash in these leagues, though there was an impact to the speed at which you could drag tabs once you had >200.

In 2.4.2, for both 32-bit and 64-bit clients, there is now a very noticeable lag whenever I access my stash in these leagues. My character freezes for about three seconds each time that I open my stash (there is no improvement once you have already opened the stash, either: it still lags each time if it had been closed). There is no discernible delay opening my guild stash or my stashes in challenge leagues, so i expect that it has to do with the number of tabs and a processing change in 2.4.2.

As mentioned above, I realize that this may just be a new consequence to having an excessive number of tabs. I thought that I would still mention it, however, in case this is unexpected.
Last bumped on Dec 2, 2016, 3:08:24 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Pehr wrote:
This is probably not a bug per se, as much as it is likely a consequence of another change to how the stash is handled.

I have a fairly ridiculous number of remove-only tabs in my Standard and Hardcore stashes (several hundred, enough that I can't imagine taking the time to clear them all).

In prior POE releases, there was never any delay in accessing the stash in these leagues, though there was an impact to the speed at which you could drag tabs once you had >200.

In 2.4.2, for both 32-bit and 64-bit clients, there is now a very noticeable lag whenever I access my stash in these leagues. My character freezes for about three seconds each time that I open my stash (there is no improvement once you have already opened the stash, either: it still lags each time if it had been closed). There is no discernible delay opening my guild stash or my stashes in challenge leagues, so i expect that it has to do with the number of tabs and a processing change in 2.4.2.

As mentioned above, I realize that this may just be a new consequence to having an excessive number of tabs. I thought that I would still mention it, however, in case this is unexpected.

usually, on first access or on vendors, only the first 6 tabs in your inventory are updated with your content from the server.

maybe they changed that to more tabs as many people had problems that vendors couldn't find their currency when buying stuff when they had moved their currency tab behind those 6 tabs.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
vio wrote:
"
maybe they changed that to more tabs ...

I wondered the same thing, but I don't think that this is the reason because the problem would presumably then go away after the initial load of these tabs. I also don't seem to be incurring any spike of network traffic or packets to/from the server when this lag occurs, which makes me think it may be something local to the client. If it is, I wonder what could be taking it so long (pre-rendering items?). There is not a lot of disk activity when the lag occurs and the client is running from a modern SSD.
Edit: Also no difference when running from ramdisk and only see minor increase in cpu utilization.

Whatever is being processed is being repeated each time that the character opens their stash within the same instance. This thread is here on the possibility that it could be optimized and simply hasn't been noticed because a small stash would not be perceptible. GGG obviously has larger priorities at the moment, of course. :)
Last edited by Pehr on Nov 18, 2016, 4:49:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info