Blade Flurry

Whether this skill is op or not completely depends on what other skills you compare it to.

If you for example compare it to single target namelock skills like heavy strike or glacial hammer, then it is broken as hell. But no one will ever play these skills in their current form.

If you compare it to other meta skills like Blade Vortex, Warchief, TS or such, then it is still a little ahead but not ridiculously overpowered.

But I still think it deserves a little nerf just because it has such a big advantage over the other skills due to the quality of life it brings.

1) Play style: hold down your mouse button (and release it occasionally) and mow through trash as well as rares/uniques.
This is way easier than e.g. an archer who has to use two different skills (TS/LA aoe and Frenzy/Barrage single target). Or Flameblast, where you have to move or cast something else to blow up your stacks without having to wait a bit. BV is comparable here.

2) You are basically ranged. This is a huge bonus over BV. Because as soon as leech for CI gets somehow touched, it might happen that BV Vinktar combo is not that save anymore with its close-range combat style.

3) You can use Fortify if you feel the need for more defense. Neither BV nor any strong bow or caster skill can do this in such a reliable way. For bow it is impossible (do not tell me about weapon swap or such stupidities) and for a caster it is rather uncomfortable to whirl into melee-range if you would have preferred to stay ranged.

So all in all it has benefits over any other skills. This in conjunction with its raw output makes it a little bit too good to not play it over almost every other skill if you're not looking for variety (because you may play more than one build).

Maybe either the 20% more for each stack or the implicit attack speed bonus is too much. Maybe the range or efficiency is a bit off. Who knows?
GGG shouldn't "nerf it in every possible way" ;) but one or two aspects might bring it in line with other meta skills and prevent another league of almost every player using the same shit (BV/CI(LL) Pathfinder anyone?)

Cheers
All those casters/marksmen cyring "OP" cause "melee" got a descent skill in a while. Lel
I like the gameplay, I don't care if it's gonna be OP or uber OP. I'll play it. If they keep it like this, I won't complain at all.

"
lilouille wrote:
All those casters/marksmen cyring "OP" cause "melee" got a descent skill in a while. Lel
I like the gameplay, I don't care if it's gonna be OP or uber OP. I'll play it. If they keep it like this, I won't complain at all.

There's a reason EVERY streamer is playing it and there are a hundred thread builds about it.

It's overpowered as hell.

All you people saying it's not are either completely delusional, or you're hoping that if enough people say "It's not OP" that GGG will listen and wont nerf it.

It NEEDS a nerf. It's as broken as Americas economy.
It's a new skill it deals decent damage of course people are going to try it out. After testing and Blight was "meh" and Scorching Ray was "Okay" of course people will try Blade Flurry out even more as its a Melee skill which from past history hasn't had the luck of being of being able to compete with Spells or Ranged.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
I won't spend as much time on this skill as I did critiquing scorching ray but I'll say this; this is the way melee was meant to be.

Obviously, this skill outpaces many current melee skills in the game but I have a feeling a buff is coming for a lot of melee abilities (in the near future).

This skill is fluid, has good mechanics (single target and aoe built in) and is just fun to play. I love glacial hammer and infernal blow but those skills, imo, fall flat later game (as do many of them).

I think blade flurry is just a beta test for what's going on behind the scenes (when it comes to future melee adjustments).

Rofl this isn't melee.

It's a spell that uses your weapon damage that almost offscreens without any AOE investment.

It's broken as hell.
"
Rofl this isn't melee.

It's a spell that uses your weapon damage that almost offscreens without any AOE investment.

It's broken as hell.

Yeah let's totally ignore Blade Vortex and every other nova spell (Melee for Casters), Shrapnel Shot (Melee for Archers) How sure are you with the Offscreening? I haven't been able to offscreen with my build at all. If by offscreening from the vertical edge of the screen I can understand your point but you can barely offscreen with Blade Flurry unless you're facing enemies directly to your left or right.
Last edited by Atomic_Noodles on Nov 26, 2016, 3:32:24 AM
The Damage Output is insane. I dont need area points from the tree. With the Gladiator 10% Explosion, i kill the whole Screen with Stage 1. Only 12 points to Phys Damage is enough to Kill Guardians with Dual wield.

The Gem needs a hard Nerf, same as Bladevortex in my opinion.

Last edited by gamble002 on Nov 26, 2016, 5:39:58 AM
The Characters that get it from the Quest Rewards aren't close to the Area Clusters in the tree of course it has bigger AoE. Have you tried comparing its AoE to Reave? Reave can offscreen more and I feel like you guys are just blowing your expectations out of proportions. Remember how GGG practically killed Lightning Tendrils with Awakening. The way people are crying about this skill feels like the same thing will happen to this skill. If you have proof of it killing the Guardians link us the videos please.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info