Blade Flurry

Ive been plaing few characters right now ... besides the fact that i've messed up my 1st ranger (died like 20 timeson 2nd act boss, an about 30 on Dominus) I also played a Glacial Hamer templar that worked rly nice, wasnt falling so hard, was just a little bit low dmg ... but Blade Flury Assasin .. Christ ... Dominus died like 5 seconds, the last boss died like 10 seconds ... I'm not complaining, its realy nice to use such powerfull arsenal like blade flury, its just ... If you want to make this game look like the blade flurry dmg output then you should definitely buff up other dmg skills ... Now im plaing Ice Nova Witch, its fine in terms of clearing and stuff, but doing nothing to bosses, so i have to support with flame surge and thats a waste of 4 sockets in my gear ... While blade flurry provides insane Songle target as well as AoE DMG. Don't nerf it !! Its fine ... just improve other skills :)
Last edited by Razley23 on Apr 3, 2017, 7:34:21 PM
"
Razley23 wrote:
Ive been plaing few characters right now ... besides the fact that i've messed up my 1st ranger (died like 20 timeson 2nd act boss, an about 30 on Dominus) I also played a Glacial Hamer templar that worked rly nice, wasnt falling so hard, was just a little bit low dmg ... but Blade Flury Assasin .. Christ ... Dominus died like 5 seconds, the last boss died like 10 seconds ...

You are comparing things that cannot really be compared.
Shadows have a VERY high damage early on, lots of very powerful nodes close to the start (at the cost of being squishy). After your templar, ANY skill played on a shadow would have felt overpowered damage-wise, at least in normal-cruel.

That said, Blade Flurry is indeed quite strong. :-)
Google translate, i'm sory.
Repair it
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1769014
Perhaps after the change of the Abyssus the power decreased, but not much.
The main problem of this - Physical to Lightning Support. The multiplier of the final damage from the shock increases +50% I do not understand why an elemental weapon is not suitable for this ability, but it is possible to exploit this vulnerability. This is cheat.
Straight to the point: This skillgem needs a MASSIVE nerf!

Why? You see... I'm currently playing a pure physical Cleave / Cyclone (switching skillgems around if I either wanna play Cleave or Cyclone since I like both) Juggernaut in H-SC and my dmg is already realy good thanks to my 410 pDPS sword.

Now here's the thing... when I put on a low level Blade Flurry that doesnt even have high quality now is properly supported my damage output nearly tripples!!! Like seriously?! ... why would I even play something else when BF is just worlds appart?!

I seriously feel like I allmost have to play it now since its just... well you know... better.

My suggestion is to either at least half the dmg on it or bring other gems up to the same level. (Tbh I wouldnt want every skill to faceroll like BF does!)

Cheers, Zahkriisos.
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
Question on the skill: Does it count as a DoT/ does it get affected by passive nodes like Entropy? And on using Blade Flurry when playing dual wield: the PoE wiki says "The skill alternates between the main hand and the offhand for each hit" Does that mean it's actually worse to use it dual wield because the weaker weapon drags the damage of Blade Flurry down?
With a few exceptions, alternating weapons between attacks is how every attack skill works. So it is not 'worse' than any other skill to dual wield.

Like a lot of skills, If your other weapon is a weapon that cannot use blade flurry (like axe, mace, sceptre) it won't be used so you can use it as a stat stick and for the global dual wield bonuses.

No it is not a DoT. It can apply ailments and dots on hit, but the skill itself does no built in damage over time nor will damage over time modifiers cause change directly to the hit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4tCamnPWhw

The Skill definitely needs a MASSIVE nerf.
It simply shits on all the content even with moderate gear (You can easily get 20m DPS), and outclasses ALL other single Target skills.
+1 to updating this skills character animation. If creating a new animation for each character is too expensive, perhaps re-use the Double Strike animation for the channelling portion and the end of the Whirling Blades animation for the release.
This skill is doing close to %40 more damage than double strike, and %30 more than dual strike, which are both supposed to be the definitive single target skills for dex builds. And yet BF s..ts all over them while having incredible clear speed on top of them. And to think it used to have around %15 more damage and area when it first came out... Something's wrong here...
** Great skill, enjoying it a lot, in the way it plays.

** Only problem I have: Animation. Looks silly.

Character looks constipated doing the "channeling" animation before attacking.

** Suggestion: Change the attack-channeling animation to be an actual attack animation (default attack, wind up portion).

Slow/speed this wind up as per the character's attackspeed, which usually determines channeling speed.

Upon releasing the channel, the character would finish his/her "default attack" animation.

I think this change could make Charge Dash look better too.

As of now, my character is just kinda constipated doing the squats over and over again lmao. Playing Shadow right now, but I also noticed this on Scion.

* edit : I guess it looks pretty cool to whirling blade out of the current blade flurry though
Last edited by MangoSpatula on Nov 15, 2018, 2:17:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info