2.4.2 Effect Artifact / Disco Inferno

"
Calumet_King wrote:

in my elreon hideout with literally nothing equipped I still get it

Damn. Was hoping that was going to be enough to consider it safe. Maybe I need to spec into a herald autobomber until fixed.

Very glad they have done the live testing before the new league starts. Hopefully it all gets resolved in the next couple of weeks and it all goes well.
~Not To Be Taken~
OP checking in again. After playing through the weekend, I'm still not sure what to offer for suggestions or if GGG already has it solved. So here's some observations.

@RushBone There are nVidia users like myself with this issue, so not AMD only.

It reminds me of the old "missing skin weight" issue from my early modding days, the way geometry flies around like that. But I think a shader could do the same thing, or some crazy partitioning issue. It doesn't seem to be related to any type of mob or special effect on them as I originally thought. I've had some static ground decorations do this too.

I've some lightning golems that would do it consistently-ish in my lab runs; specifically in the chamber type tileset. It seemed weird that only one of the two golems would streak out, recasting them resolved the misbehaving one.

I did the Graveyard map twice in different sessions, and both times Litanius left a red shell "ghost" standing over his corpse. I'm not on the up and up to know if that's normal though.
DX11 Client 2.4.3b
http://i.imgur.com/IZd8UWQ.png
Probably related to Doedre's curse effects, because it only appeared near, and within, her arena. There was some slight flickering to it, while moving at least.

http://i.imgur.com/iLqbK2o.jpg
A similar thing happened in Malachai's first room in the same instance. Ground textures were missing and during the fight the screen went pretty much completely brown sometimes. Second room was fine.

Intel i5-3570K
AMD Radeon R9 270X
16GB RAM
Windows 7 64Bit
I am experiencing the same issue.

Already almost got my HC charekter killed.

My spec:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.160930-0600)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
16384MB RAM
DirectX 11
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
AMD Radeon(TM) HD8970M

It seems to occur more often the longer the client runs.

Ok, here we go with some screenshots.

After clicking on this guy once
Spoiler

THIS happens.... (the enemy health bars are random monkeys)
Spoiler

This is just a random room in the scepter of god
Spoiler

Please compare the following two pictures. Can you spot the difference?
Spoiler

HINT:
Spoiler
the candle thing on the right of my character is disappearing...
In short: it flashes on and off like crazy....

Sometimes it is only a sliver of weird stuff, like a spike going through the screen at one point. The previos ones were particularly bad :)
Spoiler

Just opened my charakter screen... looks like it in every tab
Spoiler
I just got a lot of red/orange/yellow flashing from the fire pot near Kira in Highgate.
Don't know if this is going to help locate the problem, but here's hopin'...
Disco Monkey was in full effect for Merveil.
x64 version, on an AMD Radeon HD 5770.

https://youtu.be/eb9qxwAW_xw

Very glad I'm not prone to having seizures..
Last edited by Kerrick72 on Nov 22, 2016, 9:06:30 AM
This artifact bug happened to me in dx11. Nowadays using dx9 version , still not get any artifact or shadow bug. Hope they fixed it. Also game still not dedect by Msi-afterburner in dx11. (My spec: fx6300/w7 ultimate/r9 285)
having this as well sporadically with 64 bit client. although it seems linked to mtx as often it goes away when a remove and reequip a skin.
for all mirror items check The Forbidden Trove:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2516760
I get this issue too. Pretty often in the Bog map. Would this be related to your character not being at the correct height and at some places you're 1 pixel under the floor and you get textures glitches ? It seems like so to me so far, at least in the Bog map.

Dx11 64b client, i removed the --noasync launch parameter recently to see if it's now okay without which it seems. ATI 7870, C2Q Q9400, WIn7 x64.

Edit : Got it in the hideout too. I'll try to put back --noasync just to see if it occurs too because i didn't have this issue before but didn't play enough since dx11 64b client.
Edit² : No issue so far with --noasync (several hours played since).
Last edited by Harest on Nov 23, 2016, 9:10:36 PM
"
Harest wrote:

Edit² : No issue so far with --noasync (several hours played since).

I tried this out as well. I encountered a puppet master ;)
Spoiler

However, I did not have the time to do a long test in order to see if it got better or anything changed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info