[2.4] Rigwarld's Curse Facebreaker Gladiator 350k DPS 75% Block by Gisloti

Hello guys! Welcome to my first guide!

Since the middle of the year I've been playing PoE and I tried lots of different builds. During the Prophecy league I tried KorgothBG Facebreaker Gladiator Version and It was amazingly funny to play. At the same post he mentioned the Rigwald's Curse Wereclaw Talisman and I got really excited about how It would behave in his awesome build.

I searched on youtube and poe forums any builds related to Rigwarld's, but all of them had some different drawbacks (one-shots, low life, low defences). So, I tried to make my own build mixing all this information together. Hope you like it!

Spoiler
If I'm posting an already existing build, I'm really sorry. Just inform me and I'll remove the post.
BTW, sorry if I commited any english crimes here, It's not my first language :DDD

Pros, Cons and my current offensive/defensive stats

PROS:
Smash faces is funny
Exploding screen
High block chance
High damage
Can be done in a budget
Rare/corrupted high tier (t11+) maps, atziri and uberlab all deathless

CONS:
Cannot be used in Elemental/Phy reflect maps
Since there are a lot of uniques, capping resistances can be troublesome
Didn't try killing Uber Atziri, the Guardians and Shaper yet (not enough currency *cry*). Don't have any idea about how's going to behave.

Character Defence and Attack stats:
Spoiler

No charges, No buffs, Hideout, Golem up. With herald and hatred it increases to ~160k

Herald, Hatred, Ancestral, Golem and 3 Endurance/Frenzy/Power Charges

ALERT! THERE ARE NO CHARGES FROM VIOLENT RETALIATION, MEANING THE DAMAGE AND DEFENCE CAN STILL INCREASE A LOT DEPENDING ON RECENT BLOCKS!

Required Gear

As we all know, facebreaker builds demand flat phys damage, so try to get them!
Spoiler

These are the only needed items, you can also use BoR or Abyssus, depends on your cash :D

After getting the flat phys, look for elemental resistances, life and accuracy.

My gear and flasks

Helm (1ex) + Armour (20c, later crafted with essences) + Rings (25c each) + Boots (free, crafted it myself) + Shield (20c) + Rest (around 15c) = total cost around 2.5ex

Spoiler

Passive skill tree

Spoiler
^
Just click it! :D

Here's an interesting observation that must be done: There are two amazing slots (one above/right from duelist area, one close to shadow passives) for two of the Pugilist Jewel, in which we can gain +118% increased physical damage and +59% evasion (that will be latter transfered to armour via Iron Reflexes)

Skill tree progression will be linear, from the gladiator to the shadow area. Before taking the claw nodes in the shadow area and Iron Reflexes, go to the ascendant area and grab the life nodes.

Gem links

6L: Infernal Blow* + Melee Splash + Added Fire Damage + Multistrike + Faster Attacks + Melee Physical Damage
4L: Shield Charge + Curse on Hit + Assassins Mark + Fortify
4L: Reckoning + Increased Area + Endurance Charge on Melee Stun + Riposte
4L: Cast When Damage Taken + Ice Golem + Immortal Call + Tempest Shield
3L: Herald of Ash + Hatred + Ancestral Protector*

Yes, we generate charges using melee stun. I came up with this idea due to the lack of slots as long as our main weapon is our own fist. The reckoning area (and even damage) is enourmous, will hit lots of mobs at the same time and will provide us easy kills and charges.

*they can be exchanged when having trouble to hit targets at a close distance, as traps or hard-hitting bosses

Bandits

Oak - Kill all - Kill all

Ascendancy

Gladiator
N: Painforged
C: Versatile Combatent
M: Violent Retaliation
U: Outmatch and Outlast

Obs: Merciless and Uberlab passives pick sequence can be changed depending on your playstyle, current gear or preference. Normal and Cruel ones were picked in this sequence due to the boost in survivability

Final Arguments

Well, I really hope you enjoyed this guide. It's still simple, I need to improve my forum editing skills and also my gameplay know-how.

Keep in mind that your opinion is very important. Any and all advices are welcome, I really need this feedback to keep improving my build and gameplay!
-

Mi o sutete koso ukabu se mo aru
Last edited by rafagisloti on Nov 17, 2016, 5:59:38 PM
Last bumped on Nov 17, 2016, 10:22:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info