People, please stop begging for keys.

Just like the title says.

This forum is full of posts saying things like
"
I can h4z key pl0x??
"
NeEd key!!!!!1!!!!!11!!!

It's really very distracting. Could you all just stay still a minute because *I* *am* *talking*!

To be honest, it's very annoying, and it can be considered spam. This subforum is 'For discussion about getting invited to the Beta' and not 'For continuously begging for keys and annoying the heck out of other people by doing so.'.

If you want a key, either:
a) Wait untill the Random Beta Invite Timer selects you
b) Enter a giveaway contest
or
c) Ask a friend to give you his Friend Key.

And to all the people who claim the system isn't fair:
"
Shadeus wrote:
People are whining because the system "isn't fair", but what would be a "fair" system? Someone who just signed up and got an invite could be an awesome guy that's going to spend hours and hours dedicatedly testing the game, while someone who's been waiting for a year could be a total noob.

Truth is, how long someone's been waiting has nothing to do with how much they "deserve" a key.

Also, begging people for a key only has a negative effect. It makes you look like a total noob that doesn't know the word 'patience'.

This might be harsh to say, but it's (at least in my opinion) the truth.

Shadeus, out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It's a wibbly wobly timey wimey double signature line. I have a wibbly wobly timey wimey double signature line now. Wibbly wobly timey wimey double signature lines are cool" -the 11th Doctor
What your saying is that you're giving away a beta key to whomever PMs you the most times today?

Okay everyone, spread the word.
 ------------------------------------
|I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker |
|... I never got the chance to tell him |
|... he will be remembered.               |
"
What your saying is that you're giving away a beta key to whomever PMs you the most times today?

Okay everyone, spread the word.

No I'm not. =P

But to be honest, I don't mind those messages if they're funny. =D The nooby ones just annoy me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It's a wibbly wobly timey wimey double signature line. I have a wibbly wobly timey wimey double signature line now. Wibbly wobly timey wimey double signature lines are cool" -the 11th Doctor
"
Shadeus wrote:
Just like the title says.

This forum is full of posts saying things like
"
I can h4z key pl0x??
"
NeEd key!!!!!1!!!!!11!!!

It's really very distracting. Could you all just stay still a minute because *I* *am* *talking*!

To be honest, it's very annoying, and it can be considered spam. This subforum is 'For discussion about getting invited to the Beta' and not 'For continuously begging for keys and annoying the heck out of other people by doing so.'.

If you want a key, either:
a) Wait untill the Random Beta Invite Timer selects you
b) Enter a giveaway contest
or
c) Ask a friend to give you his Friend Key.

And to all the people who claim the system isn't fair:
"
Shadeus wrote:
People are whining because the system "isn't fair", but what would be a "fair" system? Someone who just signed up and got an invite could be an awesome guy that's going to spend hours and hours dedicatedly testing the game, while someone who's been waiting for a year could be a total noob.

Truth is, how long someone's been waiting has nothing to do with how much they "deserve" a key.

Also, begging people for a key only has a negative effect. It makes you look like a total noob that doesn't know the word 'patience'.

This might be harsh to say, but it's (at least in my opinion) the truth.

Shadeus, out.

I absolutely bump it.

Maybe Chris could change the description of this subforum to :

Beta Invite Discussion
For begging about getting invited to the Beta

instead of the actual

Beta Invite Discussion
For discussion about getting invited to the Beta
Wraeclast's Finest clan:
http://wraeclastsfinest.guildlaunch.com

Live by the gun or die by my law
Can I have a key???

just kidding - I see what you mean can be annoying but i think the idea of this thread is for ppl to voice they want a key so those with a friend key can choose someone to give it too. ie, i think the thread would be gone if they didn't have the key begging going on. :)

Besides, I would much rather see ppl beg for keys than see this forum turn into what you have on blizzards site.
People here are MUCH friendlier.
www.freemmodirect.com

Its a work in progress
That's exactly why I didn't post on these forums till yesterday.

As I'm not a beta tester, I can't give opinion on the game at all, and the only relevant place I can say anything is here - yet it's full of useless spam. But hey, since I'm waiting almost a year for that key I just don't care anymore.
Hi Shadues pls read

u give free key pls? i rly need im sick have nothing to do pls give me i really need. its my birthday today im 19 years pls i need ok??

u give me pls??

thnkas ;)
"
R1nus wrote:
Hi Shadues pls read

u give free key pls? i rly need im sick have nothing to do pls give me i really need. its my birthday today im 19 years pls i need ok??

u give me pls??

thnkas ;)

You must love this one "Shadues" ... it's also on multiple topics to make it even more enjoyable (as well as horribly written and completely missing the point of the thread) :D

Beta Invite Discussion

For discussion about getting invited to the Beta

It's the forum name. Why can't people ask for keys? If theres no forum/thread available for this topic, people will post it all over the other forums. So imo you should just not read this section of the forums, since its deddicated to that topic??, if it anoys you.

Oh no wait ... I missed the best bit ... his other posts were on a fake competition he created to get people to write him stories for beta keys that didn't exist ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info