[2.4] Bweatys Super Sexy Summoner

Yeah, yet another summoner! Why bother? Well, I've been asked too.
I've been playing summoners since original beta, ~around a new build every 4 months.
Yes, this is a very messy starter guide. I'll work in it/clear it up over time. Feel free to msg me/post on this thread any questions/suggestions etc.

Pros
- SOO cheap and effective! 1/3rd a EXault, clearing T12 maps first week of a league.

- ALL map mods doable, cheap on re-rolling maps. (Blood magic/0 mana regen is prob most annoying as you got to press flasks)

- Quick with no relyance on movment speed! Haste, Flesh Offering, Frenzy Charges, Attack Speed on Weap = fast wirl blades that go's thru monsters. It can feel like the D2 movment speed druid where you can cover screens per second.

- Lots of buttons! It's not ya 'afk buff stick' boring summoner to play.

- Passifist - You don't actually directly attack anything, only get tiny violet blood stacks wirl blades thru monsters.

- Most spells have MTX.

Cons
- There's always been 'summoner hate'. Only 'largit' reason due to fix in game code, is. It's a real killer for FPS for pplz in group with crappy computers. It's actually worse than a usal summoner swarm as frenzy & power charges floating around adding more things to draw.

- There's no 'mark for death/focus this target only'. *Hint GGG*. Sucks for Vault Map boss/Vorchi Dailys.

Video
https://youtu.be/NM7RyA4TYts

1/4 to 1/3rd a EXault worth of gear.
NOT lvl 20 gems. (0% quality gems)
Reists Only: 40% fire, 75% cold, 60% Lighting Chaos -41% (-40% on top due to ele weak)
NO Uba lab or finished Assendancy.
Bad Flasks!
Life: 4.2k ES: 0.5k
Armor: 3% Evasion 7%

OverView/What makes the build
The Shield, handed to minions lets them generate frenzy/power charges.

The Rings allow 100% non-allocated mana, for Mind over Matter. Try to keep your mana pool at 1/3rd ya life, plus a 'little' more for SRS/Casting cost.

Differnt to 'usal' minion setup, seems a very nice balance of trash & boss destruction.

Starter players can just 'hide' behind minions. Advanced players can 'zip in' pickup Fortify & extra minion dam. There's really good 'control' of the battlefield with totem/des/conv once ya get in the swing of things.

It's a GOOD build to learn on, as no constant leech/facetank till the build/gear go's splat. You MOVE very fast, out the way of bad things!

ES/CI has become current 'meta' so the gears cheap N abundent!

Tallent Tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAAPuBAcEswZJBx4I9BEPEZYVUBhWGF0c3B2qHb4i9CepKPoqmDLRM4c1kjkLOlg64TsNQYdFR0WdRnFHhUlRS1dMs025U1JUrlXGWpFewF8qYENodGpDaqxr22wLbRluPW-efRh90n5Zf8aCx4MJg9uFMoVgiECIWo8aj0aQM5MnlS6a4JuKm6GhL6IAplemrKcIqH2qxKyYrfGwd7QMtz64k75PvoC-ir-XwFTAZsDjyT3K08y80B_T-9i92QvZXtpi2t3fiuGI6-Tr7uyK7-vwH_DV8bPyHvJF99f56PqA_gr-Sf6B

Gear
All gear you want as much LIFE as you can. It's also a little 'tight' on reists.

- Head - +2 Level of Socketed Minion Gems.

- Body - More links the better.

- Gloves - Life/Reists

- Boots -
for the extra specter

- Rings -
'free' +2 aura's, so mind over matter is easily fitted in for 1/3rd more effective life pool on the cheap.

- Neck - Life/Reists

- Belt - Life/Reists

- Weap -
or if they costing more than 3 chaos,
is nice for around a alc.

- Shield -
this thing is GODLY for minions. They scale much better of power/frenzy charges and this lets you be a sort of lazy support to groups.

Jewels
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Unending_Hunger
^- Witch Starting Area to get enouth Int to make it work.

- Other Jewels - Inc Minion Dam 16%. Then Minion Reists > Minion Life. Own Reists/Attack Speed/Cast Speed/Mana Regen/Life/Minion Block.

Gems
Specters in HAT for the +2 levels.

I'll clean this up later.

Specter Choice
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Stygian_Revenant

Can grab from A4 for starter minions.
They do 'appear' in Desicrated Ground as long as mob types arn't locked to a type. (E.G. undead/sea witch)

Don't forget to grab a new set of minions from the highest map/area your in!

Yes, a 4L Rev!!! NO not chain/spell echo/GMP. - While most say you need 5-6L revs and lots of AOE. The pice keeps up with shooting thru rows of trash, as they shoot soo many projectiles each spit. Only having MORE dam multiplyers instead of LESS, means they punch harder than 6L with stupid AoE. They do a wayyy better job at desolving boss's/big tanky mobs. It's not the trash mobs you should be worrying about!

Rotaion
Wirl Blades for movment. Don't walk when you can fly! Also thru non-scary trash mobs for Fortify on you, and 70% inc Minion Dam with Claw.

Decoy Totem. Tank Stick, this lets you control the flow of battle, and stops you getting the random 1shot hit when things notice you and not your amy!

Desicrated Ground, This makes your minions focus there DPS/get told where to go. It also dose a little chaos dam to things standing on it, and has instant corpses to get up Offering.

Flesh Offering. PCP for minions and yaself. (Around 1/3rd faster killing, also this helps as insanely as Revs are 'finiky' where they stand before shooting, and SRS despawn, so faster movment = less AI/Despawn aggh)

Summon Raging Sprits - Hold Down till you got to Wirl Away/Replace Totem/Offering. Stop and 'poop' a few skulls in preperation of next fight if ya feeling paranoid mobs are going to charge in from offscrean.

Keep on top of Mana! Yes MANA FLASKS!

Convocation - If you 'zip off' too far away from Minions. If your indoors and they get sidetracked in other rooms, sexy to drop in a doorway then go hide. If minions been standing in fire/have been bleeding generaly good to keep them 'topped up' with heal, aswell as pulling them to you should anything scary appear on screen.

Credits
Not all 100% my own GGGenius. So big shout out to PoE community in general over the years.

Big shout to GGG GM Brian, back in orig beta, I pesterd him for alot of dumb questions/where to find guides N such before the community was soo big/useful.

ItsYoji - Should chk his UTube channel. For his voice alone! Was his summoner guide that inspired me to bother with Specters again.

ZZZ Sleepless guild, well, at least some of them for theory crafting/talking crap ;-P

My useless friends, who I try to get playing this game. They keep me thinking about a easy to use/good to learn the game/but powerful build on the cheap.

My cat.
Last edited by Bweaty on Nov 13, 2016, 1:01:16 PM
Last bumped on Apr 20, 2017, 10:21:16 PM
I think i might give this a try looks nice. Good job

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info