[2.4 HC MELEE] MASSIVE AOE DAMAGE + HIGH DEFENSES: CI CRIT PHYS LACERATE / BLADEFLURRY PATHFINDER

Intro:

First thanks to my friend Rilke, who made this build before me and inspired me to also try it.

The intention of this build is to hit lvl 100 in hc essence, or sc if you want
and to have as much fun as possible with a strong melee build.

Considering how small exp gains are at lvl 95+ , iam sure many people (me inculded) got bored of running bladevortex all day long.

A fair warning: This build will be expensive, if you want to bring it to its max. potential,
but you will be rewarded with huge damage and aoe clearing, crazy mobility and a ~12k Energy Shield pool.

Update:

Using Blade Flurry instead of Lacerate, is the better choice for more damage right now.
Gear and Passivetree will stay the same. (possible to use a high phys dagger with bladeflurry)

My Gear:
Spoiler

Gear Explanations and Alternatives:
Spoiler

Weapon:

You want a high physical sword with high critical strike chance, as lacerate only works with axes or swords and axes have low crit chance.
Aiming for a 300+ physical sword with 8% crit is recommended or you will lack damage.
Best weapon type, in my opinion, is a Vaal Rapier. It has highest crit chance and decent physical damage. Using a Jewelled Foil is also possible. It has lower crit chance but higher attackspeed.

Helm:

High Energy Shield roll with elemental resistences and if possible accuracy.
Best choice for helm enchant should be lacerate radius, if you already have very high damage through your good gear.

Rings:

Alot of different stats are needed here. You want damage multipliers and defense.

Damage: added phys / weap ele damage / accuracy / attackspeed / crit chance (diamond ring)

Defense: The ring slot must have % maximum energy shield stat or an open prefix, so you can add it on elreon crafting bench (1 exalt cost)
Otherwise you are in search of total elemental resis, flat energy shield roll and Mana Leech.

Amulet:

This slot is perfect to increase your damage.
Crit Multiplier and added physical damage is must have here.
Bonuses are crit chance / weap elemental damage and accuracy.
You can sacrifice defenses on amulet slot for sure, if you manage to get an insane amulet with alot of damage, but try to get the % maximum energy shield roll.

Gloves:

High Energy Shield roll and it should have open suffix to add the increased attack speed roll.
Accuracy is useful too here, and for defenses elemental resis.

Boots:

Best choice here is Skyforth, as it fixes so many problems.
You will gain free powercharges no matter what and fix problems with stun on CI build.
Enchant = increased attackspeed.

Charges and Stun before Skyforth:
Spoiler

If you dont have Skyforth yet, you will generate power+frenzy charges with this setup:

You will need more -% aura reserve notes on the passive tree.
Please use this tool to calculate everything: https://poe.mikelat.com/

For Stun, just equip one of these

If you cant afford those yet, you will choose boots with high Energy Shield, high total elemental resis and movementspeed.

Belt:

Best in slot would be a Headhunter, for massive buffs inform of attackspeed / dmg auras / soul eater etc.

If Headhunter is too pricy, you will use a rustic sash with reduced flask charges used, weapon ele, total resis and flat Energy Shield.

Body Armor and Shield:

Pretty self explanatory: As high Energy Shield as possible with total elemental resis and if possible intelligence on top.

Videos:
Spoiler

Tier 12 Mud Geyser Double Beyond (reduced phys EE)

Tier 11 Strand (double packsize, no regen, reduced crit)

Will add more soon.

Some Character Stats:
Spoiler

Dps in hideout: 52670

Dps with charges and flasks: 221233

Dps with charges, flasks and vaal haste: 249672

Dps with everything and Headhunter buffs: only God knows

Crit chance: 85.36%

Chance to hit: 90% (2957 accuarcy)

Energyshield: 11723

The Passive Tree:
Spoiler

High Level (currently Level 99 in Essence Hc)
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAAHRAhEDJwSxBiAGogqbDkgOXA-rES8RUBGWFdcWvxfcGYobJRutHU8gbiL0JIsknST9JyEqCyo4KwosvzB8MbA1uTdMN9Q9Xz3iPs9EDUTSRX5I7klRSbFLrkyzUDBRR1IpUlNV4FZjVvpYWlh1XfJfamJaavpsC20ZcFJwu3Sgdf1313iuexR_K3-Af8aEb4TFhq6J04w2jZKP-pMnlciXBpeVl_SbtZ63oS-j56crr-uxs7VIvea-isHFwzrEosedyPDL9dAf0NDTftRC1FLXz9lb3L3fmOLV5wrnD-dU6QLrY-wY7T_tQe4O73rviO_r8NXxbfc9-Tf-Cf8Q_94=

Level 86:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAQHRBiAGog5IDlwPqxEvEVARlhXXFr8X3BmKGyUbrSBuIvQkiySdJP0nISoLKjgrCiy_Nbk3TDfUPV894j7PRA1FfkjuSVFJsUuuTLNQMFFHUilSU1T-VeBWY1b6WFpd8l9qYlpq-mwLbRlwUnC7dKB1_XfXeK57FH-Af8aEb4TFhq6J04w2jZKP-pMnlLiVyJcGl5WX9Ju1nrehL6crr-uxs7VIvea-isHFwzrEosedyPDQH9DQ037UQtfP2VvfmOLV51TpAutj7BjtP-1B7g7veu-I7-vw1fFt9z35N_lj_gn_EP_e

Ascendancy Passives Order:
Spoiler

1. Nature's Adrenaline

2. Master Surgeon

3. Nature's Boon

4. Master Alchemist

Gem Links:
Spoiler

Your main setup for Lacerate.
Using faster attacks gem instead of melee phys is also a choice, because its safer versus reflect and if you are surrounded by enemies, its also better to attack faster.

Important Setup to generate frenzy charges and more flask charges.
The Herald of Ice explosions are hugely underrated and will increase your clearspeed alot.

Auras you are running are linked with lvl 3 or lvl 4 enlighten.
You need to have 12% reduced mana reserved (charisma wheel) with level 3 enlighten and skyforth. With level 4 enlighten and skyforth you need only 4% red. mana reserved and save 2 passives.

To have insane clearspeed, you need mobility skill inform of shield charge and of course linked with fortify for additional defense. Ice Golem increases your damage by some good amount and gains fortify here too. (colours are hard to get on energyshield item)

Standard defense cwdt setup with enfeeble

Utility for speed farm and additional defense for map bosses / exiles etc

The Flasks and why Pathfinder?
Spoiler

Now the good part, we are Pathfinders after all.
We chose Pathfinder because her class will buff our flasks on so many levels and therefor buff our char through the roof. It will not be possible to get shocked from monsters or from the Vinktars flask usage and annoying stuff like chilled ground cant affect us either. Overall you gain more flask charges and your flasks will yield more damage, defense, area of effect and duration.

Gaining 84% max resis on all elements is huge for survival and taste of hate + basalt flask will prepare us for extreme physical damage incomming.
The leech from Vinktars is of course insane for surivial too and it will shock enemies from converting phys to lightning. With Dying Sun, our aoe will cover more than 1 screen.

Its possible to switch basalt flask with

for more dps / mobility

Switching Atziri Flask with

will yield you more (tooltip)dps, but the knockback can be annoying and it can screw up the effect of lacerate, where it hits with both waves for more damage.

The Jewels:
Spoiler

Damage Damage Damage, nothing more to say here.
Crit multiplier in all forms, will be the best boost for dps and then get physical damage and attackspeed.

Otherwise you can fix your missing resis (need 169% in hideout) here
and get Mana Leech if you havent got it on rings or amulet.

Huge Energy Shield Pool Boost, apply in jewel socket under pain attunement in passive tree.

Mapping to Level 100:
Spoiler

http://imgur.com/vwJpgzc

I optimized my Atlas, so it can only drop maps with good layouts.
Unfortunatly nearly all new maps or red maps have bad layouts.
Whenever a tier 10 - 15 map drops, it can only drop one of these and in some rarer chases neighbour maps:

Bandits:
Spoiler

normal = kill all for skill point

cruel = help kraityn for 8% attackspeed

merciless = help alira for +1 power charge

Leveling Section:
Spoiler

I recommend you to level up with Bladevortex, as its really strong to level with and you mostly stay on the outline of the later melee tree.

Level up in Dried Lake Merciless until you are level ~73-78.

Bladevortex Leveling Tree:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAA5ID6sRL2pDEZYWvxmKIvQki0sKKwrAVDdMPV9VS0lRSbFh4lJTJpVd8qk0bAttGZUudf2w2KLZf8aEbwcejZKTJ8gUlwaXlZf0CPT1b7VIaozDOsSix53TftRC189hBrfZ62PviPDV9z35N_66fXWbjQgu7YMZjgBevOpMswQHg9tVxjpYNj2dqmyMYqyP-lxAVL0V7ZaL1bnfmGJaJJ3mgcu9L50W8yY8BfmbJjIBshnPemHrelMnqQ==

Bladevortex Gem Links:
Spoiler

Leveling Uniques:
Spoiler

Leveling Rares:
Spoiler

Leveling Magics:
Spoiler

Crit Cyclone Guide: thread/1985095
HC Crit Lacerate CI Guide: thread/1765662
Level 100 HC 100k+ Chain Splitarrow: thread/1482575
Level 100 THC Cyclone Mara: thread/1423439
Last edited by Chojin on Dec 1, 2016, 8:39:26 AM
Last bumped on Feb 14, 2017, 11:05:49 PM
reserved
NiceBuild.

Lacerate is criminally underrated as far as conventional knowledge in this game goes.

Last edited by FranzKafka on Nov 10, 2016, 1:57:06 PM
Saw it live! It reminds me a lot of some old dagger ST crit builds before any whirling blade nerfs but even more speed! AoE is pretty similar. Some videos to see build in action wouldn't hurt ;)

Couple interesting shaping choices on atlas that I had not thought about, but in the end they make sence.
Do you have any video's of it in action?

Standard IGN: _DipDodgeDuck_
i will prepare a video of build in action soon,
most likely this night.
Nice build.
Whats the dps numbers that I should be expecting with your level of gear?
Thanks.
"
Nice build.
Whats the dps numbers that I should be expecting with your level of gear?
Thanks.

added some dps numbers under "Some Character Stats"
Last edited by Chojin on Nov 12, 2016, 12:44:19 AM
Nice dps! Looking forward to the videos soon.
Would you describe your leveling process please?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info