Thank you

I am very, very new to this forum, and game for that matter, so please excuse me if this is poorly placed/should go in another thread.

I was shown this game from another website, and looked it over with interest, but honestly passed it off as "another MMO I won't be able to play".

I love old-school rpgs and dungeon crawls, and most MMO I've seen...fall rather short. This seems to, thus far, capture some of that old, gritty, oh-my-god-I'm-going-to-die feel that was thrilling, way back when.

However, that's not what sold me on this game.

It was the section of the FAQ relating to DLC items.

I am not a wealthy fellow, at all. Games, for me, are often an investment that can take weeks to plan and structure for, so that I have the spare funds to get them. However, more and more, I find that I've really only bought 85% of a game, with the remainder held behind 45-50 dollars worth of downloadable content.

The fact that it is implicitly stated that all downloadable content will be cosmetic and/or have no relation to actual gameplay made me sign up immediately. A game, and someone's standing in it, should be based on actual gameplay, not how much money someone can devote to it to get to the top.

Thank you, Path of Exile team, for giving me hope for video games again.
Yes, a lot of companies have said this before release, take S2 and HoN for example. We'll see if they can actually follow through with this structure and still profit. With Diablo 3 on its way and the lack of love for the community so far, we will see, we shall see sir.
It's gonna be fun on the bun!
FFA loot sucks.
"
Die_Scream wrote:
It's gonna be fun on the bun!

I misread that last word initially and got really confused...
 ------------------------------------
|I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker |
|... I never got the chance to tell him |
|... he will be remembered.               |
 ------------------------------------

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info