[2.4] HOLY TRINITY, 3 CURSES, 3 IMMUNITIES, 3 CHARGE Juggernaut Discharger, Facetank T16

< Overview >

Hi,

If you are tired of kiting around with your bow, hiding behind your totems hoping they would do the job for you, running backwards leaving traps/mines on the ground to kill a strong boss who is unthinkable to engage in close range, well, you may want to continue reading this guide.

I’d like to post my build here for whoever is interested. It is made for solo play mainly since dischargers are not warmly welcomed in parties. I wanted to have a tanky character able to kill almost everything in the game relatively safe. At the same time the playstyle had to be as simple as possible (I am terrible with flask management). So I focused on defenses letting other builds claim the multi-million-dps records. It is nowhere near current Blade Vortex builds in terms of dps but can still clear game content fast enough, at least for me.

Giving credit to RicoKGB whose build I followed in 2.3. He changed it a lot for 2.4 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1606509 but I wanted to use my corrupted amulet and took another path for it.

Pros:
+ Can do maps up to T16 deathless if you are not blind (not immortal though)
+ Can carry people in Uber Lab / Atziri
+ Decent clear speed for packs, good for bosses
+ Simple 2-button gameplay for most of the time
+ 8/10 unique items in the gear giving approximately same results for everyone (nothing mirrored is required)
+ Strong defenses through different mechanics, immune to three common reasons for dying – stun, bleed and freeze
+ Up to 78% physical damage reduction
+ 79/79/79 elemental resistances without flasks (80/80/80 with legacy Saffel's)
+ Triple curse setup, mostly for defense, no huge dps loss in BM maps
+ Fortify, both for defense and offense
+ No swapping gear/gems/flasks
+ Can be done with 5L only (you'd need 2x Enlighten and 2x Blasphemy which makes you sacrifice two other gems) and/or with clean Voll's devotion (budget version soon)
+ Possibly HC viable (I don’t play HC to confirm that)

Cons:
- Cost – the only really expensive item in the build is a corrupted Voll’s Devotion with +1 curse, not accessible for most players in a temp league. Death's Door and 6L chest are not cheap either.
- Can’t do elemental reflect maps (it actually can but it is a pain to split every single pack of monsters)

< Videos and Screenshots >

< Skill Tree & Ascendancies >

I still use my old Juggernaut for this. Although heavily nerfed in 2.4, he still works (surprise!). The main source of dps is endurance charges (max 8 in my current setup) along with up to 5 power charges and up to 3 frenzy charges.

Skill Tree lvl 96

Requires 2x Intuitive Leap unique jewels.

As for Ascendancy points, I recommend:

Unflinching, Unrelenting, Undeniable and Unyielding.

< Bandit Rewards >

• Normal - Help Oak (+40 Life)
• Cruel - Help Eramir (Passive Point)
• Merciless - Help Oak (+1 Max Endurance Charge)

< Gear >

As already mentioned, the build uses 8 unique items which are easy to look for and you only have to find a ring and a belt to cap resists and get the missing attribute points.

Weapon: Mjolner (nothing to explain here)
Spoiler

Chest: Kingsguard (BIS) (life and... healing but if monsters can't oneshot you, getting to full life before the next hit is more than enough)
Spoiler

Shield: Saffel's Frame (BIS) (spell damage, resists, +max resists, also block chance for spells) - legacy version is not required but with it resists are capped at 80% and spell block is 70%+ if you use Rumi's Concoction (maxed with legacy Rumi's)
Spoiler

Boots: Death's Door (BIS) (Bleed immunity, +1 endurance charge, movement speed, armour, some resists and, last but not least, high bonus to strength)
Spoiler

Helmet: Alpha's Howl (BIS) (Freeze immunity, less mana reserved, good armour because of Iron Reflexes)
Spoiler

Gloves: Repentance (BIS) (free Iron Will = damage from strength)
Spoiler

Amulet: Voll's Devotion +1 curse (BIS) (gives the third curse, works with Mjolner and Romira's to generate charges)
Spoiler

Rings: Romira's Banquet (BIS)
Spoiler

a rare ring (hp/attributes/resists)
Spoiler

Belt: a rare belt (hp/armour/resists)
Spoiler

My Current Gear

Flasks: My normal setup is one Life flask with remove poison, Ruby Flask with remove burning, Topaz flask with remove shock. These give 3 more temporal immunities for the build. The Overflowing Chalice for damage boost and flask charge generation against bosses and finally one Quicksilver for faster movement.

My Current Flasks

Other options for occasional use are Atziri's Promise, Rumi's Concoction, Vessel of Vinktar (spell damage preffered), a Granite or Basalt flask.
Spoiler

Jewels: Useful mods to look for are life, damage, spell damage, spell damage while holding a shield, area damage, some missing attributes and/or resists

< Enchantments>

Helmet: Any Discharge enchant, I'm waiting for Essence to end so I can try my new Alpha's with 40% Discharge damage.

Boots: I personally like my 120% critical chance which helps to have Elemental Overload up most of the time. Other possible choices are all forms of additional damage or defense. NOT RECOMMENDED are Leech, Regeneration and Stun avoidance.

Gloves: Commandment of Spite, leaves chilled ground slowing monsters on their way to you. It also triggers discharge in Mjolner, making low and mid tier maps safe for afk. A second choice would be Commandment of Fury for similar reasons.

< Gems & Links >

6L
Kingsguard GGBBBB with curse/aura setup: Enlighten(3) – Blasphemy – Enfeeble - Temporal Chains - Elemental Weakness - Arctic Armour

4L
Alpha’s Howl RRGG: Molten Strike – Multistrike – Faster Attacks – Greater Multiple Projectiles

4L
Death’s Door RRRB: Cast When Damage Taken(5) – Immortal Call(7) – Increased Duration(20/20) – Arc(10/20)

4L
Repentance RRBG: Shield Charge – Fortify - Faster Attacks – Vaal Lightning Trap

3L
Mjolner RBB: Discharge – Controlled Destruction - Fire Penetration

3L
Saffel’s Frame RRR: Summon Flame Golem – Decoy Totem – Molten Shell

Unset Ring G: Blood Rage

Some gems don't use any support so other combinations are also possible, I recommend these because of the fewest chromatics needed.

Other good gems: Using Vortex instead of Arc to additionally slow enemies. Shock Nova instead of Arc (gives 20% chance to shock even with 1/1 gem but I prefer Arc for its longer range). Leap Slam in the place of Vaal Lightning Trap for jumping over obstacles or onto enemies, would also trigger Fortify and Discharge (needs different colours)

Things to pay attention to while playing (in other words, things that can still kill you):

Coming soon

In case you come up with an idea how to improve the build, feel free to try it and don't forget to post it here as well.

Thanks for reading !
IGN: Andrey_witcha
IGN: Andrey_rangera
IGN: AwakenPoObed
Last edited by Andrey_Anev on Nov 13, 2016, 3:16:53 PM
Last bumped on Dec 3, 2016, 5:38:31 AM
reserved
Nice build mate bump! :)
hi, i have doll amulet but no +1 curse to math 50ex, what swap curse? temporal swap?

chech my gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/TheGrammaton/characters
thx
Last edited by TheGrammaton on Nov 27, 2016, 9:14:33 AM
Hey, Temporal Chains would be my choice as well. It is not needed unless you are fighting against really hard bosses/map mods and by disabling it you could even increase your clear speed. Your gear seems fine (assuming you got your resists already capped) and I can only recommend getting 1 green on the shield for Blood Rage and replacing Enduring Cry in the chest with one of the shield's gems.
If you like the build, +1 amulet and 6L are your next upgrades.
What do you think, since you do not have the mana reserved for alpha howl, and the tree.
Because I use 2 curse.
Another hemlet ?:
Scola's Bridle?
ÐœÐ's Scorn?

And what better discharge enchant? dmg or not consume charge?

sry my english not best.
Last edited by TheGrammaton on Nov 28, 2016, 5:51:30 PM
Personally, I prefer Alpha's because of the freeze immunity it gives but its evasion (or armour with IR) is not bad either and some cold resist is always appreciated. In case you don't have problems with survivability, feel free to try those two.
As for the enchant, the damage one is my favourite, going to try this soon ;)
Last edited by Andrey_Anev on Nov 29, 2016, 6:00:32 PM

Hello
I just saw the patch notes-and the nerf
What do you think life will be able to t16?
It seems it's over :((

unfortunately! Now it takes 2-3 days I spent 40 ex

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info