(2.4) CI Harvest Vinktars Blade Vortex Slayer

Build Update:
The Retch does not work with ci. I am updating the guide to a traditional Blade Vortex Build, because this build will suck as life because it requires legacy Kaom's. I will keep all the gear just in case life gets buffed, because at that point it will be good again. The retch portion of the build is dead.
Gear
Spoiler
Things in asterisks are BIS corrupt and enchants
Helm: ES, Int, Res *Blade Vortex Radius or Duration*
Chest: ES, Int, Res *+1 Gems*
Boots: Move Speed, ES, Int, Res *16% Attack and Cast if killed or 10% Pen if haven"t killed*
Belt: Headhunter *+1 Max Endurance Charges*
Weapon: The Harvest *+1 Power Charge*
Gloves: ES, Int, Res, Attack Speed *Ele Weakness on Hit and Insanity Mod* (Attack Speed for leap slam QoL)
Rings: ES, Crit Chance, Res, Int (Diamond Ring BIS)
Amulet: ES, Crit Chance, Crit Multi, Res *+1 Curse Amulet*

Passive Tree

Leveling
Spoiler
Level as a standard Duelist until 80, then buy respecs to respec into it. I assume if you can afford the retch and the harvest you can afford to respec that many points, even in a temp league.

Gems
Spoiler
6 LINK
Blade Vortex - Physical To Lightning - Spell Echo - Crit Strikes - Crit Damage - Conc Effect/Controlled Destruction (Controlled Destruction used for clearing, Conc Effect for bosses)
3X 4 LINKS
Enlighten - Ele Weakness (Conductivity when have +1 Curse and Ele Weak on Hit) - Hatred - Blasphemy *Hatred on Hexproof*
Ice Spear(10) - CWDT(4) - PCoC - Crit Strikes
Leap Slam - Fortify - Faster Attacks - Light Golem (Socket in Gloves if they are insanity, this allows you to drop the 2 attack speed nodes we take on tree for QoL on leap slam at end game and get more ES)
*If you have Ele Weak on Hit/Insanity Gloves and DO NOT have +1 curse on, you will run hatred and drop blasphemy/conductivity and gain 2 gem slots for whatever you want. If you have +1 Curse and insanity Ele weakness gloves you will use conductivity and blasphemy*
2X 3 LINKS
Enlighten (4) - Empower (4) - Discipline
Vaal Haster - Enduring Cry - Flame Dash

My Gear
Spoiler

Inspired Learning goes near Witch Power Charge, One jewel goes in Templar slot for strength, Energy From Within goes near Melding

Flasks
Spoiler

Surgeons Quicksilver of Adrenaline - Easier to maintain charges and filthy filthy 103+ movespeed with retch
Experimenters Basalt of Grounding - 16 seconds 20% damage reduction and immunity to shock for Vinktar's
Vessel Of Vinktar - 20% Phys to Lightning, 30% Instant Lightning Mana/Life Leech, Enemies Always Shocked, 83 Lightning Resistance
Dying Sun - 36% Area of Effect, 83 Fire Resistance
Kiara's Determination - Perma Onslaught, Perma Immunity to Freeze, Chill, Curse, Stun
There is an argument to use Legacy Taste of Hate instead of basalt, while I would take less damage, I would also lose 30 movespeed (have to roll shock removal quicksilver) and I don't know if I could lose out on that much. I do use ToH on 3 vulnerability maps (Minotaur/Daresso/Chimera)and on Minotaur I use no quicksilver and use basalt and ToH

Videos
Spoiler
Tri-Curse/-Max/Monster Life/Turbo Minotaur
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS7qzpr3RrU&feature=youtu.be
More to come.

I have put a lot into this build, and I don't know any other person who plays a build similar to this (that uses Retch) so if you have ANY critiques or questions, please let me know.
Last edited by erago12 on Nov 9, 2016, 8:25:37 PM
Last bumped on Nov 9, 2016, 1:26:54 PM
Bump for feedback
Bump
Nice to see harvest used for something other then blasting worms.
Added Video, making more now, will post them when done.
How much lightning damage are you even doing? just curious if anything.
Are you sure endless hunger works with CI? just based on this thread im not so sure...

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1605910

This thread seems to indicate that endless hunger does not function if you have ghost reaver allocated.

Have you done any tests in sarn arena or anything like that to determine if the retch is applying the full leech damage as chaos to other players as expected? I know in the "endless retch" build thread that poster did some sarn tests and the results were positive, but I'm not so sure you'd get the same results with CI.
i wonder if the occultist would be the better class for this build.

forbidden power keeps your power charges up.
malediction gives 4% more dmg per enemy killed per curse, so you can easily get 12% more dmg per enemy (3 curses). add in just one worm flask (i tried the worm blaster build and it is really easy to sustain the worm flask) you can easily get 10+ worms per 4 seconds, i.e. permanent 120% more damage.
"
AmbersDesire wrote:
How much lightning damage are you even doing? just curious if anything.

I will post some pictures of damage numbers.
"
SpaceJanitor wrote:
Are you sure endless hunger works with CI? just based on this thread im not so sure...

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1605910

This thread seems to indicate that endless hunger does not function if you have ghost reaver allocated.

Have you done any tests in sarn arena or anything like that to determine if the retch is applying the full leech damage as chaos to other players as expected? I know in the "endless retch" build thread that poster did some sarn tests and the results were positive, but I'm not so sure you'd get the same results with CI.

I guess not. I am definitely seeing the enemies take chaos damage all the time though... let me test.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info