Game crashes when exiting to character selection

Game crashes when exiting to character selection. Does not happen every time I try, but it happens more often than not. Ten exits to character selection produced about seven crashes or so.
Last bumped on Aug 7, 2017, 1:22:36 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I always have this occur if I try to exit to character selection right away (chose the wrong character so there was no more than 3 seconds loading time of 1st character).

My issue, I think, is related to the pre-loading stuff. My crashes basically just freeze the game on a black screen and make the game unresponsive (ctr-alt-delete windows manager shows the game as "not responding"). I always have to manually end it and try again.
I've the same issue, I thought it was caused by some condition but after checking a lot of different characters I don't really know what is causing it. The game simply crashes by pressing exit to log screen or exit game.
I'm getting this, too.

I'm also getting a lot of instance crashes (like I dare not even map).

I'm also getting a lot of latency, oftentimes 2k latency spikes, flatlines, unresponsive stash, eventual DC or not.

Often when I put auras on, the resource will go but the aura doesn't reserve.

Quite commonly I go to character select without crashing but nothing loads other than the backdrop, sometimes after a while the character selection panel appears, other times I have to end PoE process in task manager to proceed.

There's probably other issues, everything just went FUBAR this last week.

Pack check showed no issues.
WinMTR doesn't help as my ISP won't respond on hops and just shows 100% loss on every hop until the last one whichever address I'm monitoring.

I'm at a loss as to whether I'm having ISP issues, client issues, server issues, routing issues or all of the above.

:(

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Nov 10, 2016, 5:28:47 AM
I have the same issue, but only with one character. Maybe it's linked to some MTX ? (I have full Hydra armour and 2 Gloom Heralds on the problematic character)

I don't have any other issues, and this one is not very problematic, but just a little annoying.
- Super Saltyajin God -
the same happens to me as well. sometimes when i want to switch a character the game crashes when i want to got to the character selection screen from ingame. it doesnt happen everytime but i think it happens more often than not.
same problem here
I just find out that sometimes if you wait between swaping the game crash a lot less .
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
I'm getting this, too.

I'm also getting a lot of instance crashes (like I dare not even map).

I'm also getting a lot of latency, oftentimes 2k latency spikes, flatlines, unresponsive stash, eventual DC or not.

Often when I put auras on, the resource will go but the aura doesn't reserve.

Quite commonly I go to character select without crashing but nothing loads other than the backdrop, sometimes after a while the character selection panel appears, other times I have to end PoE process in task manager to proceed.

There's probably other issues, everything just went FUBAR this last week.

Pack check showed no issues.
WinMTR doesn't help as my ISP won't respond on hops and just shows 100% loss on every hop until the last one whichever address I'm monitoring.

I'm at a loss as to whether I'm having ISP issues, client issues, server issues, routing issues or all of the above.

:(

OK captured some of the shit that's going on for me.

"
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| No response from host - 100 | 1047 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| No response from host - 100 | 1046 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 78.129.153.14 - 1 | 1046 | 1044 | 14 | 15 | 54 | 16 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR - 0.8. Copyleft @2000-2002 Vasile Laurentiu Stanimir ( stanimir@cr.nivis.com )

WinMTR but as I said, my ISP won't respond on all the hops but last one which shows 0% loss throughout the issues.

VoD of lag, different characters, couldn't get the issue with no character panel on character screen but did get the crash to happen. https://youtu.be/MszLuKuqZhA

VoD will be processing for a few mins after post. Thanks.
Casually casual.

Hey there,

"
WinMTR - 0.8.

It looks as though you're using an out of date version of WinMTR, Which is the likely cause for most of your hops showing up as "No Response".

I'd recommend trying again with 0.9.2, as this should help to provide better info
"
Brian_GGG wrote:
Hey there,

"
WinMTR - 0.8.

It looks as though you're using an out of date version of WinMTR, Which is the likely cause for most of your hops showing up as "No Response".

I'd recommend trying again with 0.9.2, as this should help to provide better info

Great, I'll try that maybe tomorrow. Have a look at the VoD once it's processed please, Brian.

Thanks again.
Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info