Essence Statistics

"
rendo_m wrote:
..."Sword of a Thousand Truths"...
+1 requirements sound a bit too stringent actually. give the first one to the guy above who was like "i did the end-game grind challenge ... but i'm a casual." yep, shurrrre you are, buddy ....a "casual" at understanding what words mean.

as for player retention, it might be due, in very general terms, to "challenges looked relatively kinda easy, but then you realize (with the ahem "cooperation" of RNG) that some are not really as easy as they look, yet keep grinding anyway ... cuz they look easy!" (and speaking for myself, I do think they're relatively easy, and I had hoped to be further along by this point. but yeah, real life stuff.)

oh and as for posting tabular data in image format ... smfh. not even saying I would c/p this data (.... [realizes it's not sortable] .... "I would c/p this data." ....) -- and definitely not saying i couldn't transcribe it in about 120 seconds -- but .... it's the principle.
If only those essence wings were not so damn irritating... Dunno whose bright idea was an MTX that annoys the fuck out of you with its animation, but that's the worst league prize MTX I've ever seen. It's like somebody made that MTX, then they looked at it and said, 'Crap, nobody will ever buy this annoying piece of shit, so let's make it a league prize!' ;)

Overall, this league's prizes were totally not worth doing the challenges for. However, the challenges themselves were pretty interesting and actually doable with some effort. Nothing retarded or borderline impossible without paying for it (like id'ing 4 T1 uniques a couple of leagues ago, f u very much).

With a huge amount of new content, no wonder you got the highest player retention. But the prizes, challenges and essences had nothing to do with that. The Atlas, the Guardians, the Shaper - that was a big win. Good job, GGG. You could have just run a temp league with no special mechanic and no prizes, and it would still have the highest player retention just because it accompanied the Atlas of Worlds expansion.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 1, 2016, 2:45:43 AM
"
If only those essence wings were not so damn irritating... Dunno whose bright idea was an MTX that annoys the fuck out of you with its animation, but that's the worst league prize MTX I've ever seen. It's like somebody made that MTX, then they looked at it and said, 'Crap, nobody will ever buy this annoying piece of shit, so let's make it a league prize!' ;)

phahhaha :D This!
Say what again. SAY WHAT AGAIN! I DARE YOU! I DOUBLE DARE YOU, MOTHE**UCKER! Say what one more god damn time!
so rare to get those corrupted essences i gave up on that challenge, trade to win div card challenge was easier.
erm, I've just come back from half a bender after Melbourne Cup and realised I can't read a graph.

100% of those who have done 1 have 1. Ok, so the bar goes to the top, there are 10 lines, so each line is 10%

31.95% have Footprints. This is at 12, but the bar at 12 goes 2.5 lines suggesting 25%

11.54% have Essence Wings. This is at 24, there's a bit over a line so ok.

2.29% have Essence Portal. This is at 36, the bar is right on the first line suggesting 10%. The bar at 40 looks more like 2%. Why are the bars at 24 and 36 so similar when the percentages are so different?

I'm lost. I either need another drink, or to drink less.

I'm going to go with another. Cheers!
"
erm, I've just come back from half a bender after Melbourne Cup and realised I can't read a graph.

100% of those who have done 1 have 1. Ok, so the bar goes to the top, there are 10 lines, so each line is 10%

31.95% have Footprints. This is at 12, but the bar at 12 goes 2.5 lines suggesting 25%

2.29% have Essence Portal. This is at 36, the bar is right on the first line suggesting 10%. The bar at 40 looks more like 2%. Why are the bars at 24 and 36 so similar when the percentages are so different?

Don't even try to get some reasonable data out of that BS graph. Better look here

At least this one have pretty colors.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Nov 1, 2016, 3:51:40 AM
essence worst league ever and reason why i quit poe
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

I would like to see stats about how much percentage of each essence was used of the total amount of drop of that particular essence.
Because, well, the "Essences Used" stats don't really tell much, when one considers the availability of some essences.

As for the league, it is far less interesting for me compared to Prophecy.
Crafting with essences was nice at early levels, but for me, crafting for a ~80 level character is pointless.

As for the Atlas, it's just great. I love both reworked and new maps, and bosses. Shapers orb is also a good idea, as I can revisit the maps I like the most when I have higher level.
Also the atlas itself is great, as it gives maps some flavour placing them together into particular areas.
There is no dark, it's just absence of light.
With all due respect, you still haven't figured out how to make a proper graph. Throw some % together add some lines that mean nothing, add few numbers and call it a day, eh? Who the hell makes these graphs? Why aren't the axis named? If that is not up your alley Bex then get someone with who can do this properly please as it is hideous in its current form. Damn Bex I will do it for ya next time just gimme the data. PLEASE.

Thanks for the numbers though, me likey that.

I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
"

I think that it's a logarithmic scale (maybe not base 10 though ...). Otherwise all of the low percentages wouldn't register visually.
~DemiDemon~

Playing almost every day since Beta version 0.9.1 in 2011.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info