Daily Deal Watchlist

"
cipher_nemo wrote:
Everybody? Please speak for yourself, vio. :-)

true, sorry for this.
"
cipher_nemo wrote:

So other than those three times of debatable crossing the line, PoE is not and never will be P2W.

i'm not (constantly) whining about them being (getting) pay to win.
my concern ever has been them devalueing the mtx players get with their support.

it simply doesn't make sense, who in their right mind is getting some expensive shit to show it off ingame when it can be halfed in price the next day?

their marketing strategy is solely focused on the american market to service player's desire to "get a deal".
in europe and other parts of the world, offering your stuff for cheap is damaging your brand. it's seen as a "sell off". companies looking to keep their reputation never sell for cheap officially.
you will rarely see "buy one, get one free" in main european supermarkets (uk was doing it but we kicked them for it)

tl;dr begging for money only works in america and satelite countries, it's a cultural difference ggg doesn't recognise.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
it simply doesn't make sense, who in their right mind is getting some expensive shit to show it off ingame when it can be halfed in price the next day?

I actually believe that the "show it off" mentality is for the same small number of players who spent thousands of points on those MTX mystery boxes just to get a pair of wings or something before anyone else, even if that timeframe is only measured in weeks. So that would be the hardcore gamblers, the "whales" as you've put it before. GGG makes their bread and butter on these people. And hey, if it pays our way I say more power to them, but I certainly won't play that sort of MTX game.

As for MTX in regards to these deals, I believe it's more for the casual players. The casuals (I am one of them), don't need to have the latest, greatest stuff today. They're happy to wait when it goes on sale. But there are always exceptions, for example, I like to wait for premium stash tab bundle sales, but after Prophecy I missed the sale (was traveling) and therefore needed more tabs to migrate everything from that league into standard.

"
vio wrote:
their marketing strategy is solely focused on the american market to service player's desire to "get a deal".
in europe and other parts of the world, offering your stuff for cheap is damaging your brand. it's seen as a "sell off". companies looking to keep their reputation never sell for cheap officially.
you will rarely see "buy one, get one free" in main european supermarkets (uk was doing it but we kicked them for it)

tl;dr begging for money only works in america and satelite countries, it's a cultural difference ggg doesn't recognise.

I don't think that American market reasoning is true at all. You label this as being an American market gimmick. But waiting for and getting things on sale is a global understanding. In fact, I feel Americans, after Koreans, are more of a want-it-now sort of buyer. My wife is Filipino (actually born in the Philippines), so I'm very familiar with that culture, and it's one of hunting for bargains and values far more than Americans do. That's true regardless of whether they're from the provinces or in the city like Manila. If I want to justify buying computer equipment or whatever, all I have to do is find it on sale and that usually pacifies my wife, lol. Latest example was a SeaSonic platinum 760W PSU for my new build, as it was $179.99, on sale for $119.99, then a $30 MIR on top of it, making that $89.99.

But I do agree with you that this sort of sale cheapens their MTXes and its market. No argument there.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Nov 1, 2016, 8:18:12 PM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
So that would be the hardcore gamblers, the "whales" as you've put it before. GGG makes their bread and butter on these people.

could be, but the game's support for these kind of whales is suggesting they never thought anybody would ever spend more than 500$ on this game.

eh, looking back it looks like i'm bitter which i don't. about time i realise i'm the only one (beside you) caring for their brand. time to stop it then i guess, the posts i made are more than enough for a follow up "told you so" posting. hope there is no need to do so.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Love this debate. I wish you guys would keep arguing so I could read more.

@cipher Nice choice. A good PSU (alongside a good case) is one of the most important purchases in a self-built system, because it migrates. And Seasonic typically uses the highest quality caps, etc., and has the strictest efficiency standards. And they don't cheat.

OK, sorry for the off-topic drivel. Carry on!
Wash your hands, Exile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info