?!? 64 bit client ?!?

Pretty please confirm it is still coming with 2.4.2.
Last bumped on Oct 29, 2016, 5:29:37 AM
"
SuicideAll wrote:

Confirmed in today's news post.
"
Barivius wrote:
"
SuicideAll wrote:

Confirmed in today's news post.

"
The 2.4.2 patch contains three new channelled skills, and the 2.4.3 patch contains massive engine improvements (an improved DirectX 9 update and the new DirectX 11 client).

There's also a cool little piece of tech in 2.4.2 that we haven't talked about yet, but we're going to leave it cloaked in secrecy for now…

Which news post?
"
SuicideAll wrote:

Which news post?

Read the whole thing again. Slowly. Maybe even two or three times if you need to.
None because they haven't confirmed it yet. But Bex did say they had a secret they didn't reveal yet so it might be that. Anything to get the performance up!
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Barivius wrote:
"
SuicideAll wrote:

Which news post?

Read the whole thing again. Slowly. Maybe even two or three times if you need to.

Are you talking about the "new DirectX 11 client"? DX11 still works with 32bit afaik.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
Barivius wrote:
"
SuicideAll wrote:

Which news post?

Are you talking about the "new DirectX 11 client"? DX11 still works with 32bit afaik.

"
Felipe_GGG wrote:
2.4.3: The DirectX 11/64 bit version. This is the big one. We're expecting to release it around a month before 2.5.0 comes out so that we have plenty of time to solve any problems that arise. There will be two Path of Exile executables. A 32 bit DirectX 9 version and the new 64 bit DirectX 11 one. Initially, the DirectX 9 version will be the default and you will need to specifically run the DX11 executable if you would like to try it out. Once 2.5.0 launches, we plan to make DX11 the default if your computer is able to run it. The DX11 client significantly improves performance.
U MAD?
"
Felipe_GGG wrote:
2.4.3: The DirectX 11/64 bit version. This is the big one. We're expecting to release it around a month before 2.5.0 comes out so that we have plenty of time to solve any problems that arise. There will be two Path of Exile executables. A 32 bit DirectX 9 version and the new 64 bit DirectX 11 one. Initially, the DirectX 9 version will be the default and you will need to specifically run the DX11 executable if you would like to try it out. Once 2.5.0 launches, we plan to make DX11 the default if your computer is able to run it. The DX11 client significantly improves performance.

DirectX 11 and 64 bit are independent of each other (outside of POE context).

Thus, why it would be nice to confirm that we are getting 64 bit version.

Actually, fuck this shit. I'll just PM Jonathan. The only person in that entire company that knows a damn thing.
Last edited by SuicideAll on Oct 28, 2016, 2:44:38 PM
"(outside of POE context)" -- i.e. non-relevant context.

"There will be two Path of Exile executables. A 32 bit DirectX 9 version and the new 64 bit DirectX 11 one."
The DX11 client is also the 64-bit client. For the purposes of POE, they are intrinsically linked concepts, as the above quote very clearly states.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"(outside of POE context)" -- i.e. non-relevant context.

"There will be two Path of Exile executables. A 32 bit DirectX 9 version and the new 64 bit DirectX 11 one."
The DX11 client is also the 64-bit client. For the purposes of POE, they are intrinsically linked concepts, as the above quote very clearly states.

Sux to have a DirectX 11 card in a 32 bit OS. I'm pro 64 bit overlords doe.

I like you more when you are helping.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info