Unexpected disconnection from map, can't reenter

I was running a Minotaur map with a wormblaster build. After spawning a large number of worms near an "allies cannot die" rare, I got disconnected with the text "An unexpected disconnection occurred." Afterwards, when I relogged and tried to reenter the map, I got the following result.

I understand that the game really isn't meant to deal with the cause of the first disconnect, but the bug with reentering the instance should be worth looking into.

PC specs:

i5 6600k @ 4.2GHz
R9 380
16GB DDR4 @ 2333MHz
960GB SSD

Connected over ethernet with a 95/95 Mb/s connection through Washington
Last edited by WaldoTF on Oct 23, 2016, 3:52:55 PM
Last bumped on Oct 24, 2016, 8:18:20 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You overloaded the server's capacity for simultaneous actions and it was forced to shut down the map instance. The disconnection and the inability to reenter are the same exact thing. Not a bug. Wormblaster is like cancer, fun as a joke and such... until you actually have to deal with it and its consequences.
Makes sense.

While I certainly agree that wormblaster is a terrible thing from a server management perspective, I can't see how it's that much worse than SRS or 2.3 CoC outside of the edge case of allies cannot die.

A flat cap on maximum number of spawned worms at any given time would deal with 99% of the cases of server resource monopolization; it really isn't that bad in normal gameplay.

Not the place for this discussion though, thanks for the response.
No it's really not such a bad thing (and there are much worse server killers). Almost didn't comment on it since it's pretty irrelevant for the bug, but it was late and couldn't be bothered to retype the post...

What I really meant to say is(and did a terrible job at conveying it), when you pick up a wormblaster or other server intensive build, you pretty much agree to "you will most likely crash a map every now and then". Up to you to decide if the risk is worth it (it probably is, don't grind for profit enough in PoE to make it work myself tho :p).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info