Accuracy and Poachers Mark question

For a critical strike to be successful it has to both crit and pass the accuracy check correct?

So my question is, since I have room for another aura on blasphemy, if I were to wear Poachers mark that reduces enemy evasion by 48%, would that help in increasing the amount of successful crits I get without having to stack up to max accuracy?

Last bumped on Oct 23, 2016, 1:56:34 AM
"
VixTrader wrote:
For a critical strike to be successful it has to both crit and pass the accuracy check correct?

So my question is, since I have room for another aura on blasphemy, if I were to wear Poachers mark that reduces enemy evasion by 48%, would that help in increasing the amount of successful crits I get without having to stack up to max accuracy?

It should work that way, yes.

However, it is more that a critical strike has to roll a second time, to confirm the crit. Much like in D&D where a natural 20 isn't enough for a crit; one must roll two natural 20s in a row, per se.
Reducing enemy evasion is equivalent to increasing your accuracy is equivalent to reducing enemy evasion. The 'to hit' check is your accuracy vs. their evasion. Cut enemy evasion in half and you've effectively doubled your accuracy.

Poacher's Mark is really good. I'm surprised it gets so much less screentime than it should.
"
1453R wrote:
Reducing enemy evasion is equivalent to increasing your accuracy is equivalent to reducing enemy evasion. The 'to hit' check is your accuracy vs. their evasion. Cut enemy evasion in half and you've effectively doubled your accuracy.

Poacher's Mark is really good. I'm surprised it gets so much less screentime than it should.

It doesn't offer as much as most other curses. At least in regards to what players need. Or think they need.

It provides minimal life/mana on hit, a nice method of generating f-charges based on kills, doubles flask charges gained, but the most important factor is the reduced enemy evasion.

It's the offensive version of Enfeeble. Basically.
Well I have 95% capped crit, and with my best jewelry and helm I have 82% accuracy. I have jewelry and a helm that gets me to 93% accuracy, but if Poachers mark at 82% accuracy would be good enough I'd just do that.
Holy crap, I never noticed Poacher's Mark lowered enemy Evasion.

Sometimes I still feel like I'm living in the days of Critical Weakness and Purity.

How did I miss that line on Poacher's Mark????

EDIT: I don't have much to offer on topic. Just that I personally don't like enemy less curse effectiveness. I prefer to humiliate bosses and you can't do that when there's 60% less curse effectiveness on Map bosses.

EDIT2: Actually this might help. Because of the double evasion check people have mentioned, here's your Chance to Actually Crit Given One Hit Attempt:

At 82% accuracy: 0.95 * 0.82 * 0.82 = 0.6388 = 63.9%

At 93% accuracy: 0.95 * 0.93 * 0.93 = 0.8217 = 82.2%
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Oct 23, 2016, 2:04:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info