[2.4] “Kondostriker” –Triple Curse 2H Crit Bleeding Viper Strike Slayer

Introduction

That’s a build that i wanted to do since the first time i’ve seen Kondo's Pride, the unique sword introduced on the 2.4 patch.
I haven’t seen anyone using this sword, so i decided to make a guide to show that it’s not useless.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Concept

So, the main concept of this build is to double dip poison from Viper Strike and bleeding with critical strikes from the sword to maximize damage per second. To scale this damage even more we use a combination of three curses, Assassins mark to increase Critical strikes, Vulnerability to increase phys and damage per second, and last Temporal chains to increase time of the poison and bleeding effects.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Demonstration Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRiUcB6nWgM

Normal Atziri Run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzd_kulXZg4

Overview

Pros:
• Can be Cheap, since the kondo’s pride is the only core item that is needed to work
• Decent Life
• Decent clear speed
• High Movement Speed
• Not laggy
• Hipster factor 10/10

Cons:
• Name Locking
• Not HC viable, since it’s kinda squishy if not played correctly
• With all uniques can be hard to cap resists

Ascendancy Choice and Skill Tree

My first tought was to be na assassin because it has poison, bleeding and critical strike chance nodes, however the skills that i consider good for clear speed are AOE type of skills, and the passive tree itself doens’t get close do any aoe nodes, so i figure Slayer would be a better choice for quality of life, also it’s not a bad choice for damage scaling and also has defensive nodes with are really needed for this build. So if you’re looking for single target dps go for assassin, but if you’re going for survivability and quality of life go for Slayer.

Gear
Weapon: Kondo’s Pride, the build is based around it, cannot be replaced, also very cheap.

Body Armor: Hero you can chose what’s better for you, a good evasion chest can do just fine, belly of the beast is also a good choice to be more tanky, but if you’re like me and care about quality of life go for cospris to get hexproof and also poison on hit wich affects the Ancestral Warchief, however can be dificult to get colour on it.

Helmet: Again, you can go with what’s better for you, you can get na evasion hemelt with high life and resists, or you can use an Starkonja’s Head for more defense or an Rat’s Nest for more ofensive.

Gloves: On gloves you’re looking for attack speed, good life and resists.

Boots: A good 30% movement speed with hide life and resists, or if you’re not going with cospris and want triple curse you can get a Windscrean boots, however you’re gonna be slow.

Belt: A good life and resists, and if it is rustic sash base even better for the extra physical damage.

Rings: Doedre’s damning for the adcional curse, and a rare ring with life, resists and intelligence if possible.

Amulet: Rare amulet with Life, resists and Intelligence.

Potions: Two potions of life of your choice, Witchfire Brew wich is mandatory for the build, Diamond flask for the extra critical strike chance, and a Quicksilver for movement speed.

Skill Gems Links:

The Viper Strike mandatory links are:

The 5th and 6th links are your choice, i go for:

When fightning with tough bosses, swap inc. aoe for inc. Crit dmg or added chaos, and melee splash for fortify.

Ancestral Warchief:

Blasphemy:

Vaal gems and bloodrage:

The Rest:

It's important to have bloodmagic on abyssal cry, so you never run out of mana.

End
That’s it guys, i hope you liked it and feel free to ask anything.

Last edited by twomilho on Oct 22, 2016, 10:29:17 PM
Last bumped on Oct 26, 2016, 9:05:22 AM
This looks really interesting! I've been using Kondo's on my Lacerate Ranger, and it has surprised me with how much damage the bleed does with very little passive synergy. I'll keep this build in mind for my next character!
"
This looks really interesting! I've been using Kondo's on my Lacerate Ranger, and it has surprised me with how much damage the bleed does with very little passive synergy. I'll keep this build in mind for my next character!

Thank's man! It's nice to see that people are playing with that sword, because i haven't seen a single build with it.
I dont get why you dont use an aoe skill like sweep or lacerate for packs instead of a melee splash viper strike. Its not like a pack needs poison on them.
Viper strike on the other side IS a good singletarget skill ofc
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
"
Milkyslice wrote:
I dont get why you dont use an aoe skill like sweep or lacerate for packs instead of a melee splash viper strike. Its not like a pack needs poison on them.
Viper strike on the other side IS a good singletarget skill ofc

It's just because it feels better to clear with melee splash viper strike, since it scales more damage than other skills and when you're closer to mobs, all of them are cursed so it clear packs faster than other aoe skills, specially when you use abyssal cry.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info