Help me understand masters benches and mod numbers...

This one can be further modded/enchanted. For example I could add Fire res or Dex .

This one can not be enchanted whatsoever. Why?

Last bumped on Oct 20, 2016, 10:37:03 PM
A rare item can have 6 affixes (mods) - 3 prefixes and 3 suffixes. You can check those on various pages like http://poeaffix.net/

Let's have a look over the first armour. It has 5 affixes.
% increased energy shield
+ to maximum energy shield
reflect phyiscal damage to melee attacks
are prefixes, whereas
+ intelligence and
% lightning resistance are suffixes

So there is a open suffix slot, that's why you can craft one more resistance onto it.

Your second armor is a little bit more complex.
% fire resistance and
% cold resistance are both suffixes

% energy shield and
+ to maximum energy shield are both prefixes

Now there are two options: Either your armor has a hybrid % increased energy shield / % increased stun recovery roll which is a prefix or a single % increased stun recovery roll which is a suffix.

If we have a closer look we'll notice that the hybrid prefix can roll a maximum of 17% increased stun recovery. Since your armour has 24% stun recovery we now know that it must be a suffix, which can roll up to 28%

That means that your second armour has an open prefix, so it can either roll life, mana or hyrbid % increased energy shield / % increased stun recovery.

/EDIT: There is also the rare case that it already has both mods. You can find out by putting it into your armourer's workbench and see if you can craft life on it. If yes, it has an open prefix slot. If not, that it has both mods, % increased energy shield and % increased energy shield / % increased stun recovery
Last edited by kahzin on Oct 20, 2016, 5:17:24 AM
Ok massive thanks for the help.

And yeah, I can't even put life on it... So looks like I got "lucky"...

All I wanted was to put int in it... :(
the second armor appears to only have 5 mods but it has 6 in reality, you rolled both:

+% increased energy shield

and

+% increased energy shield
+% increased energy shield / % increased block and stun recovery

It's just that the two "+% increased energy shield" get combined but they're still two different mods

I know it's crappy, especially for new players

http://poeaffix.net/index.html lists all possible mods that can roll on an item (this excludes uniques) you might need it
No one listed the affixes of the second armour correctly. It has:

Prefixes:
1. +# to Energy Shield
2. #% increased Energy Shield
3. #% increased Energy Shield / #% increased Stun Recovery

Suffixes:
4. #% to Cold Resistance
5. #% to Fire Resistance
6. #% increased Stun Recovery

So we have 6 affixes and 2./3. and 6./3. are summed together so it looks like only 5 affixes.
"
_DarkMan_ wrote:

Prefixes:
1. +# to Energy Shield

Suffixes:
4. #% to Cold Resistance
5. #% to Fire Resistance

So we have 6 affixes and 2./3. and 6./3. are summed together so it looks like only 5 affixes.

This.

OP, I recommend you familiarize yourself with POEAffix.net. This site is an amazing resource for learning item affixes, their possible ranges, and whether they are prefixes or suffixes.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
_DarkMan_ wrote:

Prefixes:
1. +# to Energy Shield

Suffixes:
4. #% to Cold Resistance
5. #% to Fire Resistance

This.

OP, I recommend you familiarize yourself with POEAffix.net. This site is an amazing resource for learning item affixes, their possible ranges, and whether they are prefixes or suffixes.
the site is really good indeed, but one must be aware there are some inaccuracies there that arent fixed (for example, crit strike chance master craft roll on an amulet is in fact 22-27 range, not 27-32 range as stated)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info