Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

end game help?

hey, total noob here, but i just got my cyclone juggernaut to level 70 and i dont really know how to go about the end game. for starters my gear is likely sub par since i had to mix and match what i could with crafting in order to meet dex/int requirements and cap resists, and i dont have enough sockets/links... but that seem normal at this point in the game?

anyway my stash is full and i dont know what to keep and what to get rid of in order to make room and i also dont know how to go about starting to map. also what loot should i look for besides the obvious gear that could help my build? getting into the end game is almost as overwhelming as getting started. i know it probably seems straight forward to experienced players but i would appreciate any tips. thanks.
Last bumped on Oct 21, 2016, 4:36:31 AM
Try to get a small pool of maps before starting it. 10-15 will do.

At first, just transmute them and run.

You will get some currency and will increase your map pool, eventually getting to mid-tier maps.

I do the same with mid-tiers: transmute and run, sometimes using alchemy orbs to get a rare map on base maps I really like.

Getting to effectively farming the last tier of maps (red ones) takes a little more effort. As you will want to chisel and alc them before running. At this point you might need to buy red maps, as they don't drop as often you would like them to.

About status, you will need basic defences to start mapping: 4k+ life or 5-6k ES, capped resistances, immortal call setup, etc. For melee or ranged physical, a good weapon is also very nice to have. There are cheap unique weapons that you can buy on poe.trade.

If you feel squishy or that you need sightly better gear, you can farm dried lake. Then try converting your currency to chaos until you get enough to buy what you need. currency.poe.trade can help with selling/buying currency.

Ah, I also would reccomend buying maps to complete your atlas. T1-T11 are especially cheap.

About looting, may we know how many stash tabs you got?
thanks for the reply. i have the default number stash tabs. but last night i went through and cleared out a lot of stuff giving me a bit of space.
Last edited by MrObscura on Oct 19, 2016, 1:43:10 PM
Make your character tab on your profile public. It will be much easier to make recommendations if people can see your gear and passive tree.
U MAD?
done.

another question i have is ive been running some tier 1 maps and im currently level 73, when should i move on to tier 2 maps? is there an up to date link that shows when diminishing returns kick in for each tier?
"
MrObscura wrote:
done.

another question i have is ive been running some tier 1 maps and im currently level 73, when should i move on to tier 2 maps? is there an up to date link that shows when diminishing returns kick in for each tier?
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Experience#Experience_penalties
In short, after level 75 run maps as high as you can handle
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Oct 19, 2016, 11:50:34 PM
so while making my way through the atlas i shouldnt bother trying to get every connected map and instead should just worry about progressing to higher tiers? for example ive reached tier 5s now but realized i didnt unlock some of the tier 3s. should i go back and try to unlock those?
"
MrObscura wrote:
should i go back and try to unlock those?
idk really
On one hand, you get drop tier bonus for completing them.
On the other hand the more maps you unlock (and you can't get map completion bonus without unlocking it), the less is the chance of dropping locked connected maps, it will be especially bad when you arrive to red maps.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
wait...so the more maps you unlock the less connected maps drop?
Nobody knows how map drops work exactly.
If it first rolls map tier, then map from that tier, then probably it doesn't matter much, but still... lets assume you have 5 T9 maps unlocked and you run T8 with 3 locked connected T9s. Your chances of getting new map (if T9 drop is rolled) will be 3/8. Now lets assume you have only one T9 unlocked, then the chance is 3/4.
And if drops don't work like that, if it is something like "get the list of all unlocked and connected maps with their drop rates, then randomly choose one from the list weighted by that rates", then it will be even worse. Much much worse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info