[2.4][SC] Pwn's Doomfletch Prism Inquisitor Max Crit OP Cannon

Intro

I've been seeing a lot of Doomfletch Prism builds recently and wanted to write a guide on my version of this build. I generally try to make builds that extract as much DPS as possible while still having a reasonable amount of survivability. Throughout my build development process I've used MilkySlice's guide as a good resource on how the damage scaling on the unique bow Doomfletch Prism works. His guide can be found here as well: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1688666

What is this build for?
This build, like most Doomfletch Prism builds, has an incredibly good clear speed for mapping. It also has the DPS to burn down bosses pretty quickly but currently I'm a little too low on life to take big hits.

Why Doomfletch Prism and Inquisitor?
Spoiler
In case you don't already know...
Gain 110% of Bow Physical Damage as Extra Damage of each Element

This one unique mechanic on Doomfletch Prism basically gives you 330% MORE damage based on your physical damage.

Doomfletch Base Damage Math
Spoiler
Current Base Damage:
Between my bow and all the flat physical damage on gear, I currently do 161 base physical damage before modifiers.
When you add the extra elemental damage, it's 161 x 430% = 692.3 base damage.
692.3 x 1.61 attacks per second = 1,114.6 base DPS.

Doomfletch Prism is effectively a 1114.6 DPS bow for me before any other damage modifiers.

For reference, there is currently a Rare Harbinger Bow listed on ESC with 489.3 physical DPS arguably the best rare bow available for this league.

219 to 506 physical damage
1.35 attacks per second

(219 + 508) / 2 = 362.5 base damage

Let's assume we were using this potentially mirror worthy god-tier bow and have the same gear besides the bow.

362.5 base damage + 114.5 physical damage from gear = 477 base damage with gear

477 x 1.35 attacks per second = 643.9 base DPS.

Doomfletch Prism in this scenario has 73% higher base damage than a top tier Harbinger Bow.
Normally this is offset partially by elemental damage having to deal with resistances, however, Inquisitor allows to ignore resistances completely.

Inquisitor has the incredible ascendancy Inevitable Judgement which allows us to ignore resistances on a critical strike.

The biggest issue Elemental damage builds have are cutting through enemy resistances. This is largely why physical damage is considered better than elemental, however typically elemental damage can have higher tooltip damage numbers.

This build focuses heavily on critical strikes to abuse these mechanics. We want high damage without needing to worry about using Fire/Ice/Lightning Penetration.

Stats
Spoiler
Please keep in mind that the tooltip DPS numbers on Doomfletch Prism builds are currently broken as it doesn't show ANY of the bonus elemental damage. As a rough estimate, our true DPS should be somewhere around 4-5x the tooltip DPS. I will do the math and calculate true DPS after I reach level 90.

Burning Arrow with Abyssus no charges or Vaal Haste

Burning Arrow with Rat's Nest no charges or Vaal Haste

My other screenshots got messed up somehow and I'll post them later when I get home.

Ascendancy
Spoiler

Inevitable Judgement: This one Ascendancy notable makes Inquisitor the right choice all by itself. Ignoring all resists is incredibly powerful.

Righteous Providence: This gives us more critical strike chance and more crit multi, perfect for our crit build.

Augury of Penitence: This notable is actually a lot more powerful than people might expect. We take 8% LESS elemental damage and in most cases the "enemies take 16% increased elemental damage" behaves like a MORE modifier to our damage.

Instruments of Virtue: This notable is also great, it boosts attack/cast speed and attack/spell damage as long as we are constantly casting and attacking. Unlike most bow builds, I use Flame Dash as my movement ability to guarantee we constantly have the bonus damage from this.

100 Point Skill Tree

Lioneye's Fall
Spoiler

The Lioneye's Fall route costs 16 points and grants us:

205% crit chance
25% crit multi
52% increased phys
access to 20% life for 3 additional points
10% chance to gain endurance charge on crit

This build is extremely focused on crit and going the Lioneye's Fall route allows us to reach crit cap very easily.

Bandit Rewards
Spoiler

Normal: Help Oak
Cruel: Help Oak
Merciless: Kill All or Help Alira

Gear
My Current Gear:
Spoiler

Notes on Gear choice:
Spoiler

Obviously, to use this build we need a Doomfletch Prism. We should try to get a 6L with perfect crit chance of 7% if possible.

The other gear options are much more flexible though. Basically we want to try to stack as much flat physical damage on gear as possible because any physical damage we get from gear is basically multiplied by 4.3. Steel Rings that give 20 flat physical also add 66 elemental damage and increase our bow's base damage by 86.

I'm not sure Kintsugi is the best armor for this build, recently I've been thinking about switching to a Lightning Coil and running a Purity of Lightning. Kintsugi is a pretty good option because it can seriously save your ass against reflect mobs that you didn't see. The 20% less damage is sometimes the difference between 1 shotting yourself on reflect and not.

Abyssus gives us the most DPS out of our helmet slot but makes us take more physical damage. Rat's Nest is also a great option if you need help reaching crit cap. I'm currently able to reach cap without a Rat's Nest so I've been using an Abyssus. We do like 87.5% of our damage as elemental damage so there is much less danger of physical reflect affecting us, however hard physical hits will kill us if we don't dodge or evade them.

I'm currently using Maligaro's Virtuosity but am trying to upgrade to rare gloves with flat physical, attack speed, life and resists.

Steel Rings crafted with a Deafening Essence of Contempt are BIS for us.
Ideal stats on rings would be flat physical -> life -> resists -> WED -> accuracy.

Amulet and quiver should have flat physical -> life -> resists -> WED -> accuracy -> crit multi

Skill Gems
Spoiler

Single Target
Burning Arrow -> PPAD -> WED -> Inc Crit Strikes -> Elemental Focus -> Faster Attacks

I opted for Burning Arrow because it deals an incredible 184.2% of base damage. This is only beat by Blast Rain and only if all 4 explosions hit the enemy.

AoE
Lightning Arrow -> PPAD -> WED -> Inc Crit Strikes -> GMP -> Chain

Lightning Arrow is fantastic for pack clearing because of it's mini-chain secondary attack. If you want to be extra safe against reflect mobs, you can swap out WED for a Life Leech gem.

Charges/Movement
Frenzy -> PCOC -> Faster Casting -> Flame Dash (level 1)

I only use Frenzy against bosses to give a little DPS boost with 3x Frenzy charges and 3x Power charges. Normally when map clearing, our Assassin's Mark will keep our power charges up but this isn't reliable against bosses.

We use Flame Dash to proc the 50% increased attack damage from Instruments of Virtue and for general mobility and dodging. I really didn't like Blink Arrow because it only has one charge and also it doesn't count as a spell.

Auras
Haste/Grace -> Blasphemy -> Assassin's Mark -> Ice Golem

I usually just leave Grace on for extra safety, the Ice Golem is not super necessary but isn't too inconvenient to cast once in a while.

CWDT
CWDT -> Inc Duration -> Immortal Call -> Vaal Haste

We get free endurance charges from the Smashing Strikes notable being converted by Lioneye's Fall. When running through packs on a map this means we pretty much always have endurance charges, against single bosses this is much less reliable. Vaal Haste is a nice DPS boost for bosses.

I don't use Blood Rage because using Blood Rage with Vaal Pact is really annoying to me. We also don't do a lot of physical damage so the extra life leech is pretty useless and we really don't need Frenzy charges for clearing maps.

Fresh builds all day.
Last edited by DarthPwn on Oct 18, 2016, 4:30:38 PM
Last bumped on May 16, 2017, 7:48:24 PM
One of the better DoomFletch guides - concise and easy to follow.

Gonna try this out on my Templar - thanks!
Try to use barrage!
Explosive Cleave Gladiator by supreme_pizza
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609862
Seems interesting. I guess it's kind of build that Mathil showed in his videos ?

Gonna try urs.
Please be so kind and add trees for 40 lvl, 60 lvl so it'd be easier to follow.
Thanks!
I have just 3.3k DPS with LA and 2.4k dps with barrage. Shouldnd it be much higher? Your burning arrow has 30k dps^^

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAADuApYEswW1C2EPqxR1FSAWvxm0IXYi6iPTI_YkiyT9JpUqCypNLOktgzBxMHwx-jWSOdQ6QjwtPydBckrIS3hNkk4qTwRRR1VLVvpZ81uvYeJlTWhYaPJuqm8ncFJyqXX9dvd3138rg1-DzIRvhrOGzonTidiK5Iw2jX2Nv49gkAqSbpJ9mG-aapvsoJ-iAKyqr2y18rc-vFa8mr02vqfAZsEzwzrE9sauyNzJZ9J81CPXlti93CPdDd2o5c_nVOjW7UTwH_cy_gr_3g==
Last edited by BALRIM on Oct 23, 2016, 6:22:14 AM
How helpful is Increased physical damage for this build? Or is it not since there isn't that much Physical damage? I'm trying to figure out what to get on a jewel.
"
Gwith wrote:
How helpful is Increased physical damage for this build? Or is it not since there isn't that much Physical damage? I'm trying to figure out what to get on a jewel.

Physical Damage is paramount for any prism build. Prism scales off of your physical damage.
"
Knampfclown wrote:
Try to use barrage!

I am definitely going to give it a shot.
Fresh builds all day.
"
"
Gwith wrote:

Physical Damage is paramount for any prism build. Prism scales off of your physical damage.

This! Get as much physical damage as you can!
Fresh builds all day.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info