[2.4]The Doom Slayer

Hello fellow Exiles,

this is my take on a Doomfletch's Prism Lioneye's Fall Duelist / Marauder, named

The Doom Slayer

(because it sounds super wicked :D)

Introduction:

My second attempt on a written guide, i still haven't figured out how others get those nice pictures and i still have no time for videos...(a baby is a very time consuming thing ;-) )

Lately i was asked quite a bit about how i would do a doomfletch's prism build and that is why i decided to write it down so i can just link them to here.

enjoy, and stay safe exiles!

Note: If you want to check out my character you can do this here: Karmanath

Some features:
- limited HC viability (prone to reflect)
- extremely high damage (>250k dps)
- decent survivability
- good movement speed
- medium budget

*** Concept ***
Spoiler

Pros:

- incredible damage in a large AoE
- good survivability for a bower
- does not rely on offensive auras
- does not rely on pierce
- good sustain through slayer leech
- scales VERY well with better items
- HC semi-viable
- Doomfletch's Prism OP ;-)
- flexible tree to adjust for more survivability / offense
- can start rather cheap with just the bow + random rares

Cons:

- fated uniques needed
- ele reflect not doable
- good HC character besides the ele reflect issue
- Abyssus is too great for the build to not use it

Ok, so this needs some further explanation i feel :D The idea behind it is to use a Doomfletch'S Prism to good effect while simultaneously avoid the right side of the tree (low life availability), the need to use pierce and still keep good clearspeed + boss kill potential.

I tried to be as defensive as possible, because the damage values of Doomfletch's Prism are so high that close to no investment on the tree is needed really.

*** Gearing ***
Spoiler

We need the following items:

- Doomfletch's Prism (captain obvious here ;-) )

We want those items:

- Abyssus (highest flat added phys damage source)

- Meginord's Girdle (cheap and good belt for us)

- Lioneyes's Fall (2 of those jewels)

and one of those quivers:
- Drillneck (best flat phys and decent stats)

- Cragfall (stun variant, see "Passive Tree / Ascendancy")

- Rearguard (best defensive option)

the rest will be rare equipment with added flat phys as much as possible:
- Rare Amulett with lots of INT and flat phys
e.g.:

- Rare Steel Rings with Life, flat phys and resists (+accuracy in the best case)
- Rare Gloves with Life, accuracy, flat phys, resists, attack speed, INT (pick some, the more the better)
- Rare Boots with Life and Movespeed >25%, resists are always nice, STR as a bonus
e.g.:

optional:
- Voidwalker
If combined with Drillneck this gives you 100% increased Damage. Not bad, but not necessary at all. Can make capping / overcapping resists quite a struggle too.

The gear used is actually quite flexible. You will need added flat phys on as many gear pieces as possible. But as your damage rises feel free to exchange certain pieces for more defensive / utility stuff. With a pair of good Steel Rings for example it is absolutely justified to drop the Abyssus to increase survivability.

Depending on the build you go for (Slayer/Champion, Ranged Stun, Juggernaut, HC) you can use different kind of quivers. Playing in SC i would advise Drillneck because it is a rather cheap and balanced quiver with lots of added flat physical damage.

Cragfall seems like a weird thing to do but is actually really strong when combined with slayer's Overwhelm and the Heavy Draw passive cluster.

When combined with a Rumi's Concoction the Rearguard gives ~50% block and 25% spellblock. not too shabby as a bow character!

Flasks
Spoiler

- 1 Seething Divine Life Flask (instant heal + utility suffix such as anti-freeze)

- 1 Stibnite Flask

Stibnite is absolutely amazing as a defense. You can pop this every single fight and you should do so. Add mods that you need rather often like %evasion, shock immunity, freeze immunity or bleed immunity.
- 1 Diamond Flask

Diamond increases our crit chance to ~70%, good mods are duration or charge reduction.
- 1 Granite Flask

i use this to mitigate more of Abyssus' downside. You can use a Basalt Flask too if you like. This slot is optional. If you don't use Abyssus or are filthy rich you can use a Vessel of Vinktar or Taste of Hate here.
- 1 open flask slot (i prefer quicksilver with of Warding for long curse immunity uptime and nice speed boost. A silver flask could be great too for the massive cast speed increase)

Enchantments
Spoiler

We don't use many Auras so you are free to use any Enchantment you see fit. Some examples of good enchantments are:

- 2 additional Barrage Projectiles
- 15% increased Rain of Arrows Attack Speed
- 12% increased Rain of Arrows Radius
- Blast Rain has a 75% chance for an additional blast
- 12% increased Blast Rain Radius
- 12% increased Shrapnel Shot Radius
- 150% increased Effect of the Buff granted by your Ice Golems
- 30% increased Enfeeble Curse Effect

Getting those Enchantments on an Abyssus is really really expensive. I suggest just skipping this until you are farming Uber lab yourself. If you hit something out of this list (and you are using the corresponding skill) keep it, if not -> not a big deal ;-)

Out of all possible enchantments the Barrage one is by far the most useful. It ups Barrage damage by 50% which makes boss killing so easy it is not even funny...

*** Passives / Ascendancy ***
Spoiler

There are quite a few options here. I will list every option under a single spoiler:
--Slayer
Spoiler

Lvl91 Final Tree

The tree is decently balanced for crit, life, damage.
Put a Lioneyes's Fall into the Socket below Duelist start and one right above Disemboweling to convert all relevant melee nodes into bow nodes. This gives us a lot of crit without the need to travel to shadow, enables Endurance charges on crit (super nice for high Immortal Call uptime) and gives us some bow damage.

--Champion / HC
Spoiler

Lvl 91 Final Tree

The same tree as the slayer variant. Champion instead of Slayer will increase your survivability by a huge amount while simultaneously reduce your aoe and leech capacity. in theory you would need a pair of Atziri's Acuity and get Vaal Pact that way. The traveling to the passive node is too far away and you will run into reflect issues and life sustain otherwise. If you can handle the leech or have a pair of Acuities then this would be the best variant i feel. Insanely tanky and can easily afford the Abyssus.

If you don't care about damage at all (because let's be honest, it would still be "OK". maybe not amazing but runnable) and cannot afford Atziri's Acuity you could try to go for

this build instead.

If you want to really opt for maximum defense you can use a Rearguard quiver + Rumi's Concoction for nice block values on top.

--Ranged Stunner
Spoiler

you go Slayer again:

Lvl 91 Final Tree

This build utilizes as much Stun Threshold reduction and stun duration as possible. Use Cragfall as a quiver. I tested this briefly and it is surprisingly strong up to t13 maps (didn't test higher). If you hit the double stun duration chance on a boss he will not move at all for quite some time. In order to reach all those stun nodes you have to sacrifice some AoE, Life, Leech and Damage though. Take Unwavering Stance and Iron Reflexes and enjoy much higher phys protection. You will need a bit of mana gained on hit or mana leech on jewelry / jewels / gear though. This is definitly more of the "hipster" kind of variant, but especially on standard a really fun thing to do :)

A great item to use (if you can manage to cap resists) is the Redblade Tramplers for 10% additional reduced enemy stun threshold.

If you want to go all in you can remove Abyssus (needed to keep decent life and resist values) and add Facebreaker gloves for another 10% threshold reduction. gives some nice multi too to mitigate the lost damage from Abyssus.

Last, you exchange the Meginords Belt with a rare belt with life, resists and up to 15% threshold reduction.

In theory (means: i didn't test it) you could use a Doryani's Invitation phys belt. It gives 25% reduced enemy stun threshold while using a flask. that would bring us to 104% reduced enemy stun threshold. I am not sure what that means honestly.

As a last option to further ridicule the system we can swap slower proj in our single target setup and faster attacks on our AoE setup with a Stun support gem. If we use the Siege Balista in there too we now have two sources of damage with up to 153% reduced enemy stun threshold and over 750% increased stun duration (when 70% chance for double duration procs).

see Math section for stun calculation shenanigans.

some stats:
- up to 94% reduced enemy stun threshold
- up to 340% increased stun duration with 70% chance for doubled stun duration + warlords mark without jewels
- guaranteed stun on full life enemies (really funny to look at when firing a RoA in a shrine hoard ;-) )

--Juggernaut HC
Spoiler

Lvl 91 Final Tree

more life, less damage, 7 Endurance Charges for really good Immortal Call uptimes and general damage resistance. Increase your Cwdt levels to account for this. Taking Iron Reflexes and using a high armour chestpiece gives you TONS of armour. Freeze immunity. Stun immunity. Phys immunity most of the time. It's just an overall super tanky character that is still very good at dishing out damage. If i would play HC i would definitly go for Juggernaut. Same as the Champion variant you can also use the Rearguard quiver + Rumi's Concoction combo to add block to the mix.

*** Gem Links / Auras ***
Spoiler

Main 6-link: (in order of importance)
Barrage + Weapon Elemental Damage + Physical Projectile Attack Damage + Increased Critical Strikes + Elemental Focus + Slower Projectiles

This is our single target setup. It gets the 6-link because that is where we need it the most. We do have another 6-link (or in my case another 5-link) setup for AoE clear but you can AoE clear with a 4-link just fine. Barrage is the best single target bow skill, so try to get the +2 Projectile enchantment for it for another 50% additional damage. It just wrecks bosses, seriously.

Secondary 6-link:
Rain of Arrows + Weapon Elemental Damage + Physical Projectile Attack Damage + Increased Critical Strikes + Faster Attacks + Increased Area of Effect OR Siege Balista

Our lovely second 6-link setup can be made in two styles. you get a basic 5-link setup going and then add either Inc AoE for massive RoA's or you link a Siege Balista for two effective 5-links. The first one allows for even more ridiculous AoE and therefore increased clearspeed, the second one supports your single target kill potential and is a really nice disctraction versus tough bosses. I will go for the Siege Balista route because if you play the Slayer Variant you do have a shitload of AoE anyways. Siege Balista deals a lot of damage too, so it speeds up the boss kills substantially.

Cwdt Setup:
Cast when damage taken (pick a level you you feel comfortable with) + Increased Duration + Ice Golem + Immortal Call

Generic Cwdt Setup. My Golem is max level so i am able to cast it manually with full power. You can just keep it on the appropriate level of your cwdt setup if you don't like manual recasting at the cost of a slightly weaker buff.

Utility Setup:
Blood Rage + Vaal Haste + Increased Duration + Enduring Cry

Everything you need on your adventures. Exchange Vaal Haste for Vaal Grace if you want more defenses. Enduring Cry is needed when you just triggered Immortal Call on a hard boss and need every Endurance Charge you can get or to reset duration of Endurance Charges when they are about to run out and you have a lucky "i don't get endurance charges on crit" streak. Blood Rage gives Frenzy Charges, attack speed and leech. We want all of it. If you go Juggernaut you even outregen it. Good skill, use it.

Aura Setup:
Grace + Blasphemy + Enfeeble + Blink Arrow

We can't use damage auras effectively so we just use Grace and Enfeeble for decent defense. Swap out Enfeeble for Elemental Weakness if you like more deeps but seriously, that is absolutely not necessary at all. If you go for the Ranged Stun variant (see Passives / Ascendancies) i suggest going for Warlord's Mark. Use Elemental Weakness if you absolutely love stabbing yourself in the back on every single ele reflect rare mob. The additional leech is awesome, the added stun chance is amazing. Using Hatred is not worth it at all because our damage is mostly Elemental despite stacking as much flat phys as possible. Don't do it.

*** Maps ***
Spoiler

Mods to avoid:
- Ele Reflect

There is no way on earth of you surviving this. Vaal Pact, leech, all 3 purities, full buffed Pathfinder with triple resistance flasks and you might be able to sustain your life pool. Other than that, no way.

Mods where you have to adjust:
- No regen
take a mana flask with you in case you run out of mana. no one likes autoattacking a boss to be able to shoot barrages again ;-)
- Blood Magic
as always deactivate your auras. if needed replace Weapon Elemental Damage with Life Leech if needed (yes, i know this is hard). Be prepared for a lot more incoming damage...difficult but not immpossible.
- Curse Immunity
Deactivate Enfeeble. You can add Arctic Armour instead if you like recoloring (???) or have a white socket in your aura setup.
- No Leech
Well this is a biggy. It is doable but REALLY dangerous. Personally, i would reroll that shit mod every single time. If you really want to, add another Life Flask with recharge on crit for sustain. That helps slightly.

As usual try too avoid stacking to many dangerous mods like added damage or crits. If you know the bosses try to avoid mods that are too mean (e.g.: boss AoE on Gorge/Core, -max on Shrine/Shipyard, faster mobs on Dark Forest). You are no super CI VP BV tank, life based builds have to be careful these days.

*** Math ***
Spoiler

Ranged Stun Calculations:
Spoiler

Total achievable "reduced enemy stun threshold": 153%
Stun duration increases: ~370%
Chance for double stun duration: 70%

based on the wiki we calculate the following:

75 + ( 153 - 75) * 25 / ( 153 -50 ) = 93,93% reduction of effective life

stun_chance [%] = 200 * damage / defender_effective_max_life

based on this and this we can say that Core Malachai has ~2125332 HP
his effective HP for us is therefore: 2125332 * ((100 - 93,93) / 100) = 129008
our avg hit with rain of arrows (normal hit 15448, crit 45417): 38941

stun_chance [%] = 200 * 38941 / 129008 = 60,37%
the first hit always stuns because of Overwhelm.

default Stun duration: 350ms
our stun duration: 1,645sec / 3,29sec on proc

our attack speed will give us ~4,5 attacks per second. that means we stun ~2,7 times per second for ~1,6sec.

-> We can permastun Core Malachai guaranteed even without the double stun duration procs.

Last edited by Skilez on Oct 26, 2016, 10:00:10 AM
Last bumped on Nov 4, 2016, 9:42:05 PM
Have a link to your passive tree ? I ran a DP deadeye in prophecy on a Elementalist and she was quite overpowered, still is although i havent played that character lately. DP is a really good bow and works on a number of ranger builds, needing very little investment except for the currency or luck to get the prophecy wich are getting harder to get these days, anyhow thx for posting.Been considering a tanky version of the DP build for awhile, im sure its quite solid.
Remember when high end gear was really high end !
Classic Audio all the way,olderthandirt and twice as
Grizzly :)
yeah sry about that, had to take a break from editing the post because of RL issues. will update it now.
Thanks for updating this build and the options are really nice, I know there are not as many DP builds as there were in prophecy but if it doesn't get nerfed anytime soon it will remain a good budget option for a high damage bow that is easy to scale damage with.

Since you put in various class options this should make running some i haven't tried yet easy enough and offer some different ways to take advantage of Doomfletch Prism,s multiple damage types. A super tanky DP build might even afford an old slow grandpap like me the chance to take on the endgame boss eventually instead of constantly chasing expensive gear wich seems just out of reach everytime a new temp league comes along.

Also workin on a Barrage ranger in essence atm but currency has been slow this league for my only essence character, getting enough to pick up a deaths opus and a few volley fire gems is a challenge unless a lucky ex drops :) wich usually happens during the last few days of the league if at all ;)

Using Abyssus is like doubling your damage, pretty much like running 2 DPs. I sometimes equip it on my Witch (Lady Doomfletcher) when farming low mid level maps or dry lake runs for the extra fast clearspeed but its risky on her as getting one shotted can happen on some bosses if i take a crit, however with a class like slayer or berserker it seems like it might be much more managable, have you soaked up any big hits using abyssus yet, how does it fare on tankier classes ?

Grizz
Last edited by Grizzledmoe on Nov 4, 2016, 9:38:03 PM
I have a mid 70s berserker with a full respec gathering dust in standard, i might give your version a run on him for a change of pace from my ranger and witch builds. you know how grinding it can be from 85 onward.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info