Frenzy Charge Generation

I'm looking at making my first flicker Strike Char.

I know there are lots of guilds... I may look at them later.

What the the best ways to generate green charges?

I know frenzy attack is a pretty good generator, for obvious reasons I wont be using it.

I am not a rich player so I am hoping to at least get the basics in place with the skill tree and gems.

I am not 'Self Found Only' I do not however trade much so....

Thank you all,

-EB
** Asus Crosshair TUF Gaming x570-Plus, Ryzen 3900x, Corsair H100i AIO, TridentZ 128GB DDR4, RX6900XT, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD **
Last bumped on Apr 18, 2017, 5:27:04 AM
For flicker strike, best way is Oro's Sacrifice or Terminus Est.

Otherwise, there is the Warden's band (not a high chance but it might work ok with Multistrike, especially if you go slayer and wear two of them - that attack speed debuff sucks though!).
You could also use Victario's charity with necromantic aegis and some minions (then use The Scourge in your main hand I guess!), or play in a party and have someone use conduit.

There are also about a million different ways to get frenzy charges on kill, but you'd need a different skill to use against bosses.

Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Crit Flicker builds can rely on Ice Bite by Freezing with Hatred's cold damage.
I personally ran a non-Crit Slayer with Blood Rage and Poacher's Mark, worked fine enough.
Raider gets a bit of Frenzy on Kill too; stacked with BR and PM, that's very reliable.

These setups rely on Frenzy against bosses; Flicker until you run out, Frenzy if it's still alive. Don't link Multistrike to Frenzy btw, it slows Charge generation.
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
For flicker strike, best way is Oro's Sacrifice or Terminus Est.

Otherwise, there is the Warden's band (not a high chance but it might work ok with Multistrike, especially if you go slayer and wear two of them - that attack speed debuff sucks though!).
You could also use Victario's charity with necromantic aegis and some minions (then use The Scourge in your main hand I guess!), or play in a party and have someone use conduit.

There are also about a million different ways to get frenzy charges on kill, but you'd need a different skill to use against bosses.

I do have 2 Terminus Est in storage. To bad I cant use them both at the same time.

Oro's Sacrifice looks much more in line with my play style.

I suppose I'll have to break down and start looking to buy one :(

I know and understand that there are many fine, upstanding, nice awesome peeps out there --- I just seem to always find people on the b list.

The ring looks good - for a caster... wouldnt mind picking up a few for other characters.

I'm gonna save the minion method for a Necro... only have 1/2 the items for now anyways.

Wonder if a Skel totem and/or Ani-Armor would be enough?

Stacking a ton of frenzy + power charges would be awesome with SRS.

OH -- On another note....Does hast affect totems? Like the hast aura/vaal haste aura?
** Asus Crosshair TUF Gaming x570-Plus, Ryzen 3900x, Corsair H100i AIO, TridentZ 128GB DDR4, RX6900XT, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD **
Terminus Est is difficult and tends to be noticeably more expensive than Oro's Sacrifice by the time you're done, though it comes online sooner in the level curve. You pretty much need to be an Assassin for Terminus Est to work reliably, and the damage is...questionable without a lot of investment in things like flat phys and some heavy-duty crit multi.

Oro's Sacrifice goes for peanuts and is a DPS monstrosity. It requires a great deal less investment to get some mad deepz out of than Terminus Est - basically just build a halfway competent tree and equip Oro's Sacrifice and boom: deepz. I've seen videos of folks clearing mid-tier maps with a 4-link Oro's Flicker build. Actually optimize the tree to some extent and sink some cash into halfway worthwhile gear and it can be brutal. Plus, unlike Frenzy-on-kill stuff, it actually works on bosses and with parties. Doesn't even need offensive reservations - use your mana for stuff like Arctic Armor or Grace or such and leave the DPS to your giant 700dps fire sword.

I'd definitely investigate Oro's Sacrifice over Terminus if you're looking for budget Flickerizing. Takes a bit to level up to it, or at least it does if you're as godawful at leveling as I am, but the payoff is quite worth it.
Last edited by 1453R on Oct 17, 2016, 5:42:38 PM
I made myself a pretty fun flicker build this league with Hege's

I use blasphemy with a 20% Poacher's Mark and Blood Dance and it's enough for charge gain.
Guild #YoloSwag <SWAG>
HSC: SwaglordYolomancerII
Time zone: GMT +8 (Hong Kong)
Blood Dance, wear it and you can flicker like 70 percent of the time + (at least for me)
... but i was bladeVortex with flicker
Last edited by CaoMengde on Oct 18, 2016, 2:40:23 AM
"
ElfBoy wrote:
OH -- On another note....Does hast affect totems? Like the hast aura/vaal haste aura?

No. However, as long as an offensive aura affects you, the effects will apply to your Totems.

Totems use your offensive stats, but none of their own. That's why your Increased Damage/etc. passives do apply to Totems, even if it's not Totem-specific. This also applies to gear and buffs: if you want Totems to benefit from Frenzy/Power Charges, you need the Charges active.

However, Totems use their own defensive stats. Your Increased Life/Resist/etc. passives do not apply to your Totems, unless explicitly mentioned otherwise. If you want a Totem to be tankier through Endurance Charges, the Totem must have the Endurance Charge.

Defensive auras, such as Purities and Vitality, do apply to Totems.
Offensive auras, such as Hatred and Haste, do not apply to Totems.
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Totems use your offensive stats, but none of their own.

Except for on-Kill effects, apparently. *shakes fist at Profane Bloom*

Thread derailing aside, just to make sure for people who don't read like rules lawyers and feel like Vipermagi is contradicting himself (he isn't), the practical answer to the question is that "Offensive Auras do not apply directly to totems themselves, but will benefit from their effects most of the time."

(The one exception I can think of to what I just said is if you use Generosity, where you might expect it to work, but it won't, because the Aura won't be affecting you, so you can't transfer the offensive stats to your Totems)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
dont the blood dance boots also give frenzy charges? and are fairly cheap if I recall right

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info