[2.4] Flame Witch - Advices

Hey!

I'm at the end stage of ACT 3 - Cruel with my sexy Witch. I asked for some general advice, but now I need some in depth awareness.

I didn't look at any well known build, so I went for what I liked when I started playing her.

It may sound dumb, but the build is basically FLAME TOTEM + FIRESTORM + FLAMMABILITY. I have Flameblast which is very useful for large "slow" mobs.

Now: I have many options for this SF, the most compelling one being going double totem with Ancestral Bond + Searing Bond to fill the battlefield, but I don't know if it's actually viable (though it would be what I like).

Any hints on how to improve this one? Is it really viable or it's just a dream? Any experiences about a double totem build + supports?

And I'd really need a movement perk, if there's any, since I believe some mobility would help.

Cheers!

EDIT: Do the spell damage passives apply to Totem's Damage? If not, I can refund those perks if I go for The Ancestral Bond thing.
Last edited by noiseaddicted on Oct 14, 2016, 3:47:18 PM
Last bumped on Oct 16, 2016, 7:24:06 PM
Hey,

I myself do play some totems though it get boring with time.

Concerning Flame Totem it has "Spell, Fire,Totem" tags so increases to spell damage, elemental, fire damage and totem damage will increase your damage. Always check the tags active gem has before trying to build around it.

I myself hate searing bond but if you wanna use it, be my guest :P

If you want a movement skill there are three options:

Shield charge (only applicable if you're using melee weapon i believe), Lightning warp (needs less duration + other stuff to be effective), flame dash (has charges so have to either use it as mobility skill or to get out of sticky situations).

If you want someone to give points on how to improve your build, allow us to view your character :p
Hey!
Thanks for your time!

Lvl 62 Witch.
Here are the passives:

Totemic Flame Witch

About the spells:
- Open with Flammability
- Spam Totems
- Searing Bond as a way to burn extra stuff (I have a nice high burning damage)
- Fire Golem for extra taunt (didn't use it before, but I find it useful right now).

Stuff I dress is kinda irrelevant since I don't have anything special. I use the shield and other free slots to level up skills I'm not using but I may find useful in the future. That's obviously not the ultimate setup.

Stats:
- STR 170
- INT 244
- DEX 82

Advices are welcome. :)

If you want good burning damage, i would suggest investing into elemental overload. You're close to it. It's 30% more (multiplier) instead of some random burning damage increase (burn is affected by elemental damage, burning damage (as i'm sure you know) and damage over time). Elemental damage is best for now imo, keep the burning damage after you sort out life imo.

My two cents i guess.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info