[2.4]Radio-active, The Ultimate Maze Runner (Righteous Fire, Blade Vortex, Searing Bond, HC viable)

If you are looking for a well rounded offensive and defensive build, this is definitely the right build for you.
Why is this build called radio-active? Because it kills everything shortly upon contact.
Character: DefinitelyNoBladeVortex
Video

Face tank 45% more life Uber Argus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbswCOHkmxA

Face tank 45% more life MAX CHARGES Uber Izaro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctnj0OQjGnQ

Face tank DOUBLE FLAMEBLAST Atziri https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ7YF4-uTa8

Elemental Equibrium proc and AFK Kill Merciless Voll https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zYTmwkPPZo

Tier 12 Necropolis with curse Vulnerbility https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYVTRZaTUCo

Concepts

Using Righteous Fire as a main spell damage scaling for Blade Vortex, this build focuses on stacking life, life regeneration, and armour.

Elemental Equilibrium, Elemental Overload for even more elemental damage

This build also utilizes Searing Bond totem for extra damage against bosses.

Furthermore, this build uses Dirty Technique that increases RF,BV's Poison, Searing Bond damage over time.

Why choose Champion Duelist before Chieftain Marauder?
Can leech very effectively with BV and Warlord Mark
Permanent Fortify
Conqueror(Ascendancy Node) gives global damage reduction (applies after all your defensive stats) that's including the burning damage you take from RF by 6%(applies after your fire resistance.)

Younger and more handsome than Marauder :^)

Pros

Physical Damge Immune
Ignore Uberlab Traps
>20% Life Regeneration at max endurance charges
Effectively Leech with Blade Vortex and Warlord Mark
High DoT - Physical, Elemental Reflect is not a problem
Budget friendly
7 Jewel Sockets to scale life and damage
7k life achievable without Kaom's Heart
Facetank Boxes' mods: Detonate Dead, Explode due to high fire resistance (87-88%)
Doable Map Mods: up to -10%max, vulnerability, less regeneration up to 60% with endurance charges.

Cons

Tankiness comes with the price of clear speed
Vulnerable to high chaos damage (caustic cloud, caustic arrow,...)
Undoable Map Mods: No Regen, Combination of: less regen, -%max, vulnerbility.

Stats

In-Hideout Defensive Stat

Flask-Endurance Charges Stat that doesn't show the effect of Fortify, Arctic Armour, Conqueror, Taste of Hate

Offensive Stat

Bandits-Passive Tree

Oak-Oak-Oak
Oak-Point-Oak

Passives Tree
goo.gl/2rQZ4J

Ascendancy Points:
Unstoppable Hero
Fortitude
Conqueror
For the last 2 points:
First to Strike, Last to Fall
Pros: Global damage, double dip poison, gain more defensive stat as you get low life
Cons: It doesn't actually turn off RF when you reach low life.

Worthy Foe
Pros: 1.2 damage multiplier = even more damage
Cons: offer no defensive stat.

Jewel Sockets (Doubledip Poison = DP, Searing Bond = SB)
Life
Increased Damage (RF, BV, DP, SB)
Increased Area Damage (RF, BV, DP)
Increased Damage Over Time (RF, Poison, SB)
Increased Fire Damage (RF, SB)

My Jewels:

Required Uniques

My Gears

Since I'm using a Doon Cuebiyari to get global increased damage (to doubledip more poison), I try to get as much strength as possible.
I'm also using a Atziri's Splendour(Variant Armour and Evasion) because it is super easy to get the color for my BV setup.
My belt lets me use the Basalt Flask twice which is amazing.

Flask Set up

Alternative Chest Pieces

Pros: More aoe, aoe damage, easy to color, good for mapping, still can reach 86%phys reductions with flasks and charges.
Cons: Make RF degen more, lost 3k armour, weak against uberlab traps

Rare chest, easy to color.

Leveling Guide

The general idea is rushing to all the nearest life regeneration node
Lv35-Tree goo.gl/IWXaxi

Lv56-Tree goo.gl/1G5iGr

lv74-Tree goo.gl/MGPCwj
At this point you can use RF with lvl17 Purity of Fire, Rise of the Phoenix, and

lv90-Tree goo.gl/2rQZ4J
Note: I'm using Intuitive leap to get some more life so my tree might look different at the marauder area.

Leveling Skill: Blade Vortex
You can start to use Blade Vortex at lvl12
Get all the support gems as you leveling
Make your way to Dirty Technique as you're going to need Dex for BV
Unique Leveling Item:

Leveling Skill(Easy Mode): Earth Quake
Get all the support gems as you leveling
Unique Weapon:

If you have any question, feel free to ask.

Last edited by hieugphan on Oct 13, 2016, 12:04:34 AM
Last bumped on Oct 21, 2016, 6:33:44 PM
Reserve!!!
Reserve!!!
Nice build, man, pretty versatile.
Sometimes...
Looking very nice :)

How did u lvl the char? can u put some type of lvl'ing tree/guide up?
Last edited by ManseBanse on Oct 12, 2016, 9:15:06 AM
"
ManseBanse wrote:
Looking very nice :)

How did u lvl the char? can u put some type of lvl'ing tree/guide up?

Leveling Guide added
u use baal lightning with your cwdt setup, is it for the elemental equilibrium? otherwise wouldn't it be better to use arctic breath to slow enemies?

and thx for the lvl'ing guide ;)
"
ManseBanse wrote:
u use baal lightning with your cwdt setup, is it for the elemental equilibrium? otherwise wouldn't it be better to use arctic breath to slow enemies?

and thx for the lvl'ing guide ;)

Arctic Breath doesn't pierce through enemy line, and you also need GMP that cost 1extra socket
You already have Arctic Armour to slow them down.
Ball Lightning will pierce thru all enemy and proc EE multiple instances. It lets your BladeVortex does extra cold damage as you using Taste of Hate.
You can also proc EE with Taste of Hate, but lvl1 cwdt in red map will proc Lightning Ball on cooldown.
Since RF and Searing Bond don't hit, they do not proc EE so you have to proc EE with cold damage and lightning damage.
Last edited by hieugphan on Oct 12, 2016, 7:36:50 PM
I don't really understand your last ascendancy choice.. Why take Worthy Foe to get 20% increased damage instead of Inspirational which gives 35% increased damage and 8% movement speed?
"
ManseBanse wrote:
I don't really understand your last ascendancy choice.. Why take Worthy Foe to get 20% increased damage instead of Inspirational which gives 35% increased damage and 8% movement speed?

For the last 2 ascendancy points, any choices is reasonable
First to strike, last to fall gives some damage, removes ailment status(burning,freeze,shock), good for hc
Inspirational does give some damage and move speed but I don't think it worth it to be honest
Worthy Foe will gives you the most damage when you press that Enduring Cry button, it works like a curse and when you have 20% quality end cry its going to taunt 1 and a half screen away from you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info