Atlas of Worlds Fan Art Competition Winners!

I suppose Malachi art is about this new map where he is boss.
Congrats!
Congratulations to the winners!! Many awesome art and ideas here! I participated but did not win (sob).

While we are looking at this topic, would anyone give me some advice and tips on how I can improve my humble artwork moving forward? Some criticisms would be good!

Here's mine: http://imgur.com/p0mTE33.png

Hope to participate again and maybe Ill win next time :P

Thanks!
Last edited by ArmaniExchange on Oct 12, 2016, 12:06:14 PM
"
DarkenLord wrote:
Primordial Pool!

Ony of my Favorite Maps!

Well done and thx for my new desktop background :P

Peace!
Last edited by Waldinator on Oct 12, 2016, 11:23:04 AM
verry nice guys gz to all from me
🅰🅻🅸🅽 ::: ! ♥ PoE ツ 👌 :::
"
Congratulations to the winners!! Many awesome art and ideas here! I participated but did not win (sob).

While we are looking at this topic, would anyone give me some advice and tips on how I can improve my artwork moving forward? Some criticisms would be good!

Hope to participate again and maybe Ill win next time :P

Thanks!

Hey! Glad to hear you are eager to improve! We're in the same boat. I can provide you with some critique. The reason your artwork might leave a dull impression is that the characters look flat. You need to understand light more. But then you can only apply your light and shadow values if you understand your shapes. Learning is a long process, but it doesn't need to be tiresome. You just need to get into the habit of drawing something on a daily basis. I'd suggest you to register on cubebrush forums. It's an art forum that launched just recently and you can start you own art blog there, so the community can respond to your posts and it can help you staying motivated to draw something and show it. It's fresh. I don't know if I'm allowed to give you a link to tutorial videos so just email me if you are interested: veek91@gmail.com

Last edited by veek91 on Oct 12, 2016, 12:50:55 PM
"
While we are looking at this topic, would anyone give me some advice and tips on how I can improve my humble artwork moving forward? Some criticisms would be good!

Ok. Keep in mind I'm not an artist, but I am involved in multimedia in the digital form, so take my advice with a grain of salt. :-)

It's a nice concept, but the artwork is rather flat. It doesn't seem to come alive both from physical perspective (rather 2D-looking) and from not having any specific focal point. And the perspective you do have doesn't match everything (eg: cards is off perspective, characters are flat, but board has perspective).

For the former, I'd recommend drawing those bosses according to the perspective you have going with the board, where you're not looking at them from the side, but from a top-down view. In other words, less isometric and more perspective and depth.

For the latter, I wouldn't have the same gamma/brightness on all of the bosses represented there. You should incorporate both global and local lightning and have some sort of focal point that you want your audience to be drawn towards. For example, don't just have all of the boss game pieces standing there; instead have two of them clashing and put your lighting focus on those, while the other pieces are further away with less light/contrast on them.

Examples...

Chess pieces with a focus and depth, along with characters, but very little lighting (mostly highlighting to give depth). This is good, and it's style is closer to yours. Notice the strong strokes and more defined objects in the foreground, and lighter strokes and more blurred objects in the background. And reflections bring out glossy surface of the board, used very little elsewhere. Even though this artist messed up perspective a few times, you don't notice it quite as much due to their other good techniques...

Global and local lighting, great perspective, good sense of being in the moment, feels alive...
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Oct 12, 2016, 1:03:20 PM
Some great stuff here, thanks to all who put the time to make these!
My HC Race & PVP Rewards collection at /3140751. Please help me locate the few missing ones!
Holy hell these are insanely good! Congratulations to anyone who won, you deserve all of the praise!

Also, thanks to those people who link their personal favourites that did not make it into the winners section as well. Most of them are also really well done!
"
Tutch wrote:
I need Bestbrick's submission as a wallpaper. Please tell me you have a full hd version of this image.

I only have this: https://s18.postimg.org/z6dfvqniv/wqxqed.png

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info