[2.4][SC/HC][Atziri] Pwn's Oro's Warchief Berserker 360K DPS 8.7k Life

Intro
There are tons of build guides with people using Ancestral Warchief with Facebreakers or physical melee weapons such as Atziri's Disfavor or Starforge but nothing really solid on using an Oro's.

I was intrigued with the idea of playing of using the tremendous fire damage of Oro's to make use of Ancestral Warchief and was able to cannibalize some gear and the skill tree from my blood magic fireball build earlier this league. I've been actually really pleased with the results and can run pretty much any map mod.

What can this build do?
I believe this build can clear any content in the game. I can easily carry 2-3 people at a time through Uber Lab. Killing Atziri is a joke and is always deathless. I've downed all the T16 Guardians and can kill any map boss pretty easily.

I have not attempted Uber Atiziri or Shaper yet but I am confident this build is capable of doing both.

Videos
T16 Hydra (1 easily avoidable death): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMmbNU2rPoE
T16 Hydra Deathless: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwnxAti8OHw
T16 Phoenix Deathless: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lglJVphJqlw
T16 Minotaur Deathless: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nHGhr2VKbI
Uber Lab Carry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arAOzsC1sRw
Shaper attempt Fail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y34rGBz7FdA

Stats
Spoiler

Why Oro's and Ancestral Warchief?
Spoiler

Oro's Sacrifice is the highest DPS weapon in the game, beating even Starforge on pure damage.

Ancestral Warchief is an incredibly powerful melee totem skill and makes us immune to reflect damage.

Ascendancy
Spoiler

Why do we go with Bersker and not Chieftain?

Aspect of Carnage: 40% MORE damage. This is insanely powerful and could make the case for picking Berserker by itself.

Crave the Slaughter: 25% increased attack speed if you have been hit recently 15% move speed if you haven't been hit recently. Pretty solid notable.

Rite of Ruin: Since we've taken Ancestral Bond and are using totems, we don't ever technically "kill" anything on our own. As such, the first two lines of this notable are useless to us, however, this does give us a permanent 25% increased attack speed for both our Leap Slam and our Ancestral Warchief totems.

War Bringer: Free 25% instant flask every 2 seconds. Easy endurance charge generation. This is amazing.

Skill Tree

Bandit Rewards
Spoiler

Normal: Help Oak
Cruel: Help Kraityn
Merciless: Help Oak

Gear
Most Important items are Oro's Sacrifice and Kaom's Heart.

Most valuable stats on gear:
Life -> Resists > Fire/Ele/Weapon Ele damage -> Attack Speed

My Current Gear:
Spoiler

Skills Gems Explanation
Spoiler

This build is actually extremely simple to play with very few abilities to worry about.

Ancestral Warchief -> WED -> Faster Attacks -> Elemental Focus -> Fire Penetration -> Conc Effect / Inc AOE
Ancestral Warchief allows us to tackle pretty much any content including reflect maps. For faster mapping you can use Inc AOE and swap on Conc Effect for bosses.

Leap Slam -> Fortify -> Faster Attacks -> Blood Magic
We use Leap Slam as our movement ability which lets us get easy Fortify buffs. With the amount of attack speed we have we can actually leap around incredibly quickly. I've linked Leap Slam to Blood Magic as an added quality of life, our mana pool is relatively low and our life regen makes the blood magic unnoticeable.

Enduring Cry
The Berserker's ascendancy notable "War Bringer" is in my opinion one of the strongest things you can get as a Marauder. This gives us the ability to top off our mana and instantly heal for 25% of our life AND gain endurance charges every TWO SECONDS. On my current 8200 life build, this is a free 2k life flask that never runs out and makes running Uber Lab incredibly easy.

Anger
We do Fire damage only so this is pretty obvious. Herald of Ash would be useless since we don't do any physical.

Blasphemy -> Flammability / Enfeeble
This gives us the option of doing more damage or taking less damage depending on what we need in any given situation.
Typically I run Enfeeble when running through maps as an added safety net for playing really sloppy and fast, when I get to bosses I swap to Flammability to kill the boss faster but pay a lot more attention to dodging the big hits.

CWDT -> Immortal Call -> Molten Shell -> Inc Duration
Molten Shell gives us a little bit of extra armor but doesn't really do much else.

Immortal Call on this build is insane and can have 100% uptime against mid to large size packs.
We are taking 6-7 endurance charges with Increased Duration our Immortal Call lasts for 5ish seconds, however we can spam our Enduring Cry every 2 seconds which guarantees that we have full endurance charges before Immortal Call ever ends.

Jewels
Spoiler
Fireborn is an absolute must for this build and goes in the Duelist jewel socket. This gives us a tremendous amount of attack speed and damage.

Rare jewels are pretty easy to get for this build as several things can increase our damage.
Life -> Fire/Elemental/Area/Melee Damage - > Attack Speed

Will update with some videos later.
Fresh builds all day.
Last edited by DarthPwn on Nov 1, 2016, 10:17:32 PM
Last bumped on Dec 22, 2016, 9:01:45 AM
Would you still take Berserker on EHC?
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
Moridin79 wrote:

I would, however the increased physical and fire damage from Oro's combined with the increased damage from Aspect of Carnage means that you can take some pretty big hits. I would highly recommend playing more passively until you have a comfortable amount of life at 7k+, which means throwing your totems in front of you and letting them take the heat.

My current playstyle is basically jump right on top of a pack and hit Enduring Cry and then drop 2 totems where I'm standing. Would not recommend this if you are in danger of getting 1 shot by harder hitting mobs.

Chieftain is not a bad option as it gives your totems the ability to leech, however I feel like the current meta is big spike damage from hard hitting bosses and having a reliable instant heal that will always be up makes bosses safer to me.
Fresh builds all day.
Last edited by DarthPwn on Oct 11, 2016, 7:23:06 PM
Updated with some screenshots, will record some videos later as well.
Fresh builds all day.
Leveling?

I assume it's very similar to dual flame totem or dual RF totem builds.

I assume you go dual Warchief around mid 30s, correct?

Any specific cheap unique weapons to pick up for leveling once I start using Warchief?

Thanks
Nostrademous
If i only have 5 links oro what gem should i cut?
"
Nostrademous wrote:
Leveling?

I assume it's very similar to dual flame totem or dual RF totem builds.

I assume you go dual Warchief around mid 30s, correct?

Any specific cheap unique weapons to pick up for leveling once I start using Warchief?

Thanks

This build was made from a cannibalized level 90 Blood Magic + Fireball build so I don't have any experience leveling with this. :(

I would suggest using a physical weapon and moving toward duelist first, you can basically grab all the nodes by duelist and just change out the jewel for a fireborn once you get your Oro's. There are a ton of super cheap physical damage 2h weapons, I'd just get the highest DPS ones available and keep upgrading until you can use Oro's.

Fresh builds all day.
"
Keppo322 wrote:
If i only have 5 links oro what gem should i cut?

I would probably cut Faster Attacks if I didn't have a 6 link. We are already getting a ton of increased attack speed on the tree and from our ascendancy.
Fresh builds all day.
"
DarthPwn wrote:
"
Moridin79 wrote:

I would, however the increased physical and fire damage from Oro's combined with the increased damage from Aspect of Carnage means that you can take some pretty big hits. I would highly recommend playing more passively until you have a comfortable amount of life at 7k+, which means throwing your totems in front of you and letting them take the heat.

My current playstyle is basically jump right on top of a pack and hit Enduring Cry and then drop 2 totems where I'm standing. Would not recommend this if you are in danger of getting 1 shot by harder hitting mobs.

Chieftain is not a bad option as it gives your totems the ability to leech, however I feel like the current meta is big spike damage from hard hitting bosses and having a reliable instant heal that will always be up makes bosses safer to me.

Hey, thanks for the response. I ended up talking myself out of zerker for this new HC character I started. I just couldn't justify all of the extra damage taken, knowing that I will be getting hit no matter what. That being said I really love this build concept and definitely will try it at some point, whether it's in standard or maybe on my next character. Cheers.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Just set up the build switched over from the facebreaker build idk just didn't feel as fluid. Even with 7.5k hp i felt squishier mobs were hitting hard Im guessing due to no armor really. Had to play really passively to clear maps

Mind looking at my character and letting me know if im missing something important here? IF not think ill go back to facebreakers
Last edited by Vexorr on Oct 12, 2016, 5:58:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info