Need help with minotaur please

So first guardian my character can't do. Totally destroyed. No portals left. :(

I tried running a high lvl determination but that didn't seem to make any difference except make dps lower due to not having enough mana to run it as well as haste.

Advice?

I have a dual crit flame totem guy who kills everything else (except haven't tried shaper yet duh). I would have given up and taken out my mjolnir man and see if he had better luck (probably) but he's in process of leveling now and didn't want to risk it.
Censored.
Last bumped on Oct 12, 2016, 7:28:07 PM
You aren't tanking hits are you? For me, totems with chieftain made the minotaur fairly simple, once I had the mechanics of his different attacks down. He uses three skills (off the top of my head). The first is the big windup/voll-vaal slam, which leaves a big circle on the ground. Rocks will fall inside that circle, and they hurt. Obviously, don't tank the slam, and try to stay outside of those circles on the floor, and just let your totems take it. Your totems should be taunting, which gives you a good layer of defense. The second skill he uses is a sweep/cleave type move. It has an AoE, but you shouldn't be close enough to him to get hit anyway. Lastly is the burrowing move that will murder you. He dives underground, and will pop back up at the spot where you were standing *when he went underground*. When you see him go under, GTFO. Move away from that spot, and drop your totems there.

Try adding a basalt to your setup for extra straight mitigation.

Are you getting one shot? What in particular that he does is killing you?
U MAD?
No, not tanking, I was just running around. The rocks hurt like hell but don't kill. I'm guessing from your post that him popping up in my face was it. I stayed out of the circle having no idea what it was but you know, this is PoE, and a circle can't be good. I made a video so I could watch it later (either the triumph or the tragedy to see what went wrong, as in this case).

I went into the fight blind on purpose and the mods on map were enfeeble, extra aoe, elemantal weakness, boss has more life and does more damage. Pretty bad.

I will try basalt next time and after lunch I plan to view video and see if there is anything just really obviously bad.
Censored.
Bump to add: map mods that mattered were boss has more life and more aoe.
Censored.
Be nice if you could stream then I can tell you what you are doing wrong :x
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Well I don't see what can go wrong with totem build. I mean that's why I picked that char to go in blind; just place totems and run away. Works every time for me. :)
Censored.
If you are ranged you can avoid everything he does and take zero damage while kiting him endlessly. If he is targeting something outside of melee range he will occasionally burrow underground to that location, but you can easily dodge that if you keep an eye on him and notice when he disappears. And you should dodge that because it does a LOT of physical damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info