[2.4] Tank with up to 2.1 Milions DPS !!! One issue : CWS !!!

Hello,

i posted few elements on this forum but this build is the most original concept.

It's a build based on the gem Cast When Stunned (CWS) without any active skill and without any cheated loop mechanism in order to self proc your CWS.

Thus, with this build you need to take at least one hit from enemy in order to deal damages !

Pro
Spoiler

- can do all maps and boss except Uber Atzir and The Shaper
- can do all maps mod : reflect, BM, TC (you are slow but the DPS is the same)...
- can carry for all the 4 Shaper Guardians and vaal temple
- can adapt the build with different play style (crit or elemental overloard and using the spells that you like)
- deal huge damages
- very tanky
- can clear the Hall of Grandmaster (first time for me even if i already killed Uber Atziri)

Con
Spoiler

- clear speed is not huge
- could be an annoying gameplay when waiting for an enemy hit
- not very good in group with guardian (especially if they prevent you to be stunned!)
- trouble with degen damages (shaper ...)

"You are like a Tibetan monk, if nobody attack you, you are quite calm but you can be a good fighter if necessary."

Well apprentice monk, let's see the plan of your training in order to become a complete Tibetan monk.

1. Learn what resistance mean
Spoiler

First, before deal damages, you need to take damage. Thus, you must be able to tank all these damages.

With the 2.4 patch note, now "Cast when Stunned now also triggers when blocking a hit that would stun". Thus, a good defence way is to block the maximum of hits.

How reach 78/78 block chance :
- a shield with 32 to 34% block chance
- 5 reckless defense jewels with 4% block
- anvil corrupt with +3-4% block
- 10-11% block on tree
- 3% block with Tempest shield

Thus, i have 78/78 block chance without rumi's flask. The reckless defence jewels could be a problem but i use take 20% reduced critical damages from tree and i can use enfeeble if necessary.

Other defense mechanisms are : 200% max life (up to 220% lev 100), fortify, MoM, immune bleeding, 50% reduced chaos damage over time, up to 90% phys dmg reduction, 50% reduce reflected damage, molten shell lev 20, determination or AA, +5.5k life, +15k armor without flask, 6-7 endurance charges, 75 all elem resi, freeze enemies, huge life gain on hit ...

The fortify is applied with shield charge + faster attack but you can use whirling blade.
Immune bleeding is given by the unique boots :
Spoiler

50% reduced chaos damage over time is given by a selft craft body armor :
Spoiler

Physical damages are mitigated with Endurance charges + AA or determination + Molten shell lev 20 + some AR in the stuff and in the build.

Elemental damages are mitigated with 75 all res.

If you need a better defense and freeze the enemies, you can use the Herald of Ice instead of AA.

2. How be stun
Spoiler

"Dealing at least 50% of maximum life will always stun." Thus, if i take a hit > 2 times my ES, i'm sure to be stunned.

In the same time, if you evade a hit, you cannot be stunned. Thus, i'm looking for the less EVA and ES possible.

Considering the EVA, you should play without any EVA item and with the less possible of DEX. For this purpose i forgot all skill with a high DEX requirement (blade vortex, bladefall, arctic breath...).

Considering the ES, "As long as a creature has greater than 0 energy shield, it has a 50% chance to ignore a stun." It's a big problem for us considering that the required ring give a base ES. Moreover, we play lot of blue gems which could be placed on items ES or hybrid or you will consume lots of chromatic orbs.

I use this ring to avoid this problem together with the node Eldrich Battery :
Spoiler

With this way, you can be easily stun without any kind of restriction with the ES.

My stuff could be improve by decreasing the ES. For example, i could find a AR chest with 5 blue socketed gems.

3. Learn the dragon power
Spoiler

I play with 12 spell linked with CWS and 1 curse. Thus, each time i receive a hit, i can launch :
- Tempest shield,
- Ball lightning,
- Molten Shell + Concentrated effect + Controlled destruction,
- Firestorm + Concentrated effect + Controlled destruction,
- Fireball + + Concentrated effect + Controlled destruction,
- Ice Spear,
- Freezing Pulse,
- Arc,
- Spark,
- Magma Orb,
- Frostball, and
- Glacial Cascade.

All that spells are supported with Iron Will (with 450 Strengh), Elemental Overloard, Herald of Thunder and Anger.

It's very hard to detail the DPS of this build but i made a sheet in order to configure my build for different kind of situation :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uExE7OwcylU0BF8I79hNqGDh1-awCXFgzj4iVz9OcCk/edit?usp=sharing

Most of the time, i use this setup but you can improve the dps using the blood dance and a craft helmet for example.

Thus, i've usualy up to 2.1 MDPS.

4. My stuff
Spoiler

5. My tree
Lev 92

Videos

I will add other videos if people are interested by this build.

7. Question
Spoiler

Some friend asked me : why do you not search to stun yourself ?

Please read that post and you will discover that it's not possible anymore to use that king of mechanism :
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1194903#p10127656

This build involves a new gameplay and a new strategy of build and i conceed that i reveal only few elements considering the time that i spent to optimize this build. Don't hesitate to let some question if you want more informations.

Last edited by aallassault on Oct 19, 2016, 8:56:00 AM
Last bumped on Nov 14, 2016, 8:30:00 AM
I do not understand one thing..how do you deal with stuns ?

/joke

On a serious note...your build has no chaos mitigation at all ....that snake was raping you in the video ?

why not just portal out and refill flasks ?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
Most of the chaos damages are made with degen like caustic arrow, desacrate, poison... Then i try a new way to mitigate the chaos damage with the Essence of delirium and the mod :
Body Armour: 50% reduced Chaos Damage taken over time

With practice, i think that it's a good defense but you right the flat chaos dmg dealt by this Snake hurt me even because i've only 20% chaos resist.

Anyway, i can block the damage of this Snake but it's always the hardest part of this fight for me.

Triggering spells doesn't activate Mastermind of Discord according to wiki. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mastermind_of_Discord
But you can still use Enduring Cry + selfcast Discharge. It will give you pen for all 3 elements.

And you may save 1 skillpoint with this. (changes in Purity of Flesh area) It's -10 dex, but if you need dex, you can take +30 for this skillpoint.

Btw build looks really good. How often do you die in red maps?
Last edited by Ripstick on Oct 11, 2016, 10:00:11 PM
God damnit, I might have to level another character this league.

However I have a slightly different variation in mind.

Do it as Berseker, grab Cloaked in Savagery and Vaal Pact. Modified tree: http://poeplanner.com/AAMAAURBQU1CQWpBQWRSOENCQWRNczlBZjctdUQyMVhHT2xndEg1VWd3Zk9DSHRzTDYtNkZNaHpjanhveTBVVkh3R1lFczZJQThCOW84dUZ6bWp1Q20tMDgxYWJzT0lWN1psUTYyQ2N2a0ZVYU9IeTdQUThHT2Z1cTh3WlJZSy1uSE00clVBM05fbFRFOW5LcFZhbVh0R29CeHE0OExZTmZyajVubS1SUlVFZnZEaFFnWHo4YVBuN2llVG4yU0l6UFBmeFlZOGJZMmZ3SnFzQ2FvcU5feHBNblV6VlFRb3cyVlV0aDRpYVZGcjhQcXlTTHd6b3FPQ3ljVmE1RXE0LW1naERmc0JFdGdfZDhnNXJnUloxVFVvUE10ejctQ3RpOU5aTC1qMDNqcGxjNjRmSkZ2d2drTnhicG1GZjRYMV9RSVpEcUVBPT0AEEFBQUNBQWZRQVFIMEFRQUEAAA==

For the block i'd go with advancing fortress, thousand teeth temu, the anvil and then crown of the pale king to get life on block, which i think should be way better than cybils.

If you get hit hard, you'll leech 100% of dmg as life with vaal pact. if you get hit a lot of times in a short span, crown of the pale king should take care of it.

Basically you should be immortal as long as you don't get one shot.

Thoughts?
Last edited by lawl0r on Oct 12, 2016, 12:34:17 AM
berzk is a good idea, which item setup will be then
Hi, im busy with my real life job, so please leave pm if you want to buy or offer for any item in my shop.
Im alway online at 10h30PM in GMT+7, but i will try catch if in your time if you want.
IGN: WhoFearWillFall
Thx for your advices.

I will change my tree and adapt my build considering the Mastermind of Discordance info.

Considering your option with Thousand Teeth Temu, i don't like it because i'm looking for the less EVA possible in order to proc CWS.

I apologize for my video but i had lot of lags when i recorded and i was nearly death few times, most of the time because i failed to proc Fortify.

Usually, i run plenty of maps lev T13-T15 without death.

Last edited by aallassault on Oct 12, 2016, 3:22:51 AM
"
lawl0r wrote:
God damnit, I might have to level another character this league.

However I have a slightly different variation in mind.

Do it as Berseker, grab Cloaked in Savagery and Vaal Pact. Modified tree: http://poeplanner.com/AAMAAURBQU1CQWpBQWRSOENCQWRNczlBZjctdUQyMVhHT2xndEg1VWd3Zk9DSHRzTDYtNkZNaHpjanhveTBVVkh3R1lFczZJQThCOW84dUZ6bWp1Q20tMDgxYWJzT0lWN1psUTYyQ2N2a0ZVYU9IeTdQUThHT2Z1cTh3WlJZSy1uSE00clVBM05fbFRFOW5LcFZhbVh0R29CeHE0OExZTmZyajVubS1SUlVFZnZEaFFnWHo4YVBuN2llVG4yU0l6UFBmeFlZOGJZMmZ3SnFzQ2FvcU5feHBNblV6VlFRb3cyVlV0aDRpYVZGcjhQcXlTTHd6b3FPQ3ljVmE1RXE0LW1naERmc0JFdGdfZDhnNXJnUloxVFVvUE10ejctQ3RpOU5aTC1qMDNqcGxjNjRmSkZ2d2drTnhicG1GZjRYMV9RSVpEcUVBPT0AEEFBQUNBQWZRQVFIMEFRQUEAAA==

For the block i'd go with advancing fortress, thousand teeth temu, the anvil and then crown of the pale king to get life on block, which i think should be way better than cybils.

If you get hit hard, you'll leech 100% of dmg as life with vaal pact. if you get hit a lot of times in a short span, crown of the pale king should take care of it.

Basically you should be immortal as long as you don't get one shot.

Thoughts?

If you want good life recovery, better look at necromancer.
Bone offering really sick. at 21 lvl it gives 35block/35spellblock/700(with anvil) instant hp recovery on block for 7 sec (with 5 corpses from desecrate). With this you need only 3 reckless defence and no block from tree at all. Well, if you ok with casts 2 spells every 7 sec, of course.

Crown of the pale king really bad. Recover 30-50 hp when hit by melee mob is pretty meh. With Cybil's paw even firestorm recover 20*8=160 hp for us. And ball lightning another ~8*5=40. And other spells, yeah. 2-10 more recovery in packs.

Vaal pact. Well, you will hate traps in lab, desecrated ground and poison.
In you tree you need +1 jewel socket for 5th reckless defence (if you care about spell block of course).
I think with berserker better go to scold's bridle, zerphy's flask and CWDT. (I did and it rocks.)
But your idea still good and will work, i think.

"[2.4] Tank with up to 2.5 Milions DPS !!! One issue : CWS !!!"
Man, yesterday it was 1.3 millions. What I missed?
Last edited by Ripstick on Oct 12, 2016, 10:39:34 AM
Concerning the DPS, they are lot of possible setup.

Most of the time, i play with Enfeeble and with the boots Immune bleeding.

If you want reach 2.5 Mdps, you should play Elemental Weakness instead of Enfeeble and the blood dance.

In my calculator, i made a mistake in the using of Mastermind of discord. Thus, i will play a new setup, probably without Magma Orb.

"
Ripstick wrote:
If you want good life recovery, better look at necromancer.
Bone offering really sick. at 21 lvl it gives 35block/35spellblock/700(with anvil) instant hp recovery on block for 7 sec (with 5 corpses from desecrate). With this you need only 3 reckless defence and no block from tree at all. Well, if you ok with casts 2 spells every 7 sec, of course.

Yup, I thought of that too and already played with it myself, but if you get chunked hard, it does little.

"
Ripstick wrote:
Crown of the pale king really bad. Recover 30-50 hp when hit by melee mob is pretty meh. With Cybil's paw even firestorm recover 20*8=160 hp for us. And ball lightning another ~8*5=40. And other spells, yeah. 2-10 more recovery in packs.

I disagree. I also don't know how you arrived at 50hp. You have to factor in the reflect from all the uniques we have, not JUST the pale king itself.

thousand teeth temu: Reflects 1 to 1000 Physical Damage to Attackers on Block, avg = (1+1000)/2 = 500.5
the anvil: Reflects 240 to 300 Physical Damage to Attackers on Block, avg = 270
pale king: Reflects 100 to 150 Physical Damage to Melee Attackers, avg = 125
advancing fortress: Reflects (71-90) Physical Damage to Melee Attackers, avg = 50.5

500.5+270+125+50.5=946 avg reflected dmg

946*0.3=283 life gain per block on average.

This only needs to mitigate hits that don't chunk you for 15% of your HP, which assuming 7k HP would be roughly 1k. Assuming 75% block that's three blocks per hit making it 894 life gain vs. <1k dmg. Basically it almost fully mitigates it.

For hits over 15% of HP you'll be instantly at full HP again due to cloaked in savagery+VP. And yes, i've played cloaked in savagery+VP too, it works fine.

Also don't forget the 40% MORE dmg. That's why I think berserker is probably the best option for a build like this.

So it's: easier to reach block cap and 644 life gain on block, vs 100% dmg leeched as life, 40% MORE damage and 283 life gain on block. Necro is a wasted ascendancy, you don't get enough out of it.

"
Ripstick wrote:
Vaal pact. Well, you will hate traps in lab, desecrated ground and poison.
In you tree you need +1 jewel socket for 5th reckless defence (if you care about spell block of course).

Yup traps can be annoying, but I'm not sure you'd want to farm lab with this anyways... Desecrated and posion isn't an issue, we leech, a lot. True on the jewel.
Last edited by lawl0r on Oct 12, 2016, 12:09:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info