[2.4][ESC] Kitava's Flameblast

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riFmxL_T3ak

CI tree at level ~90 (2.4.0):
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAdjCSANfA-rD8QRDxFQFdcV5xa_GGobJRzcIvQkiyo4KlMspiy_MtE0CjW5N2Y7DTt8PAU9X0GWRUdFfElRSbFLrkyDTLNQQlIpUlNTNVXgVmNYB1haWrlca18qX2pmVGwLbRlwUnDUc7N0VXSBeC985X_GgpuESITFhXuGronTiw6MNo8aj0aP-pDWkyeXlZeXl_SaO5uhm7Wf36EvoqOjo6cIpyusmK6zsnC0DLjKuZO-isBmwcXDCcM6w23K08u90B_Q0ND11abXz9lb5oHpAuq66-7r9ewY7DjtPO9874jv6_Br8NXyHffX-Tf5pA==?accountName=Dimeq&characterName=UncontrollableDiarrhea

Energy shield, elemental spell crit/damage, cast speed, increased AoE, 2+ Fevered Minds for increased mana cost. (If you don't have enough jewel sockets for Fevered Mind, run some Apep's Rage(s).)

Pick Trickster for Weave the Arcane. Shade Form is nice too.

Bandits: Alira, Alira, passive point (or Alira if you're running Assassin's Mark)

Atlas of Builds (2.4.0): http://i.imgur.com/YO8Fu3U.jpg

Explanation:
Spoiler
Using Fevered Mind, Voidbringer, and a bunch of supports, you can make any skill cost an arbitrary amount of mana given enough jewel sockets.

Kitava's Thirst triggers all linked spells 30% of the time when you use a skill that costs at least 100 mana.

So if you make Flameblast or Incinerate cost 100 mana per use and have enough cast speed to cast them 10 times a second, you can theoretically trigger all gems in Kitava's Thirst 3 times per second on average.

But as of 2.4, Flameblast/Incinerate are now considered channeling spells, which means the mana spent when channeling doesn't count as a use of the skill, so you have to re-cast (press and release) each time in order to trigger Kitava's Thirst.

So this build's DPS scales with your APM.

Gear/links (2.4.0):
Spoiler

Gear choices:
Spoiler
Kitava's Thirst is required, along with an amulet crafted using an Essence of Insanity.

Other than that, depending on your preference, you can either go ES or life, which determines the rest of your gear choices.

With CI, you'll want an ES shield since the hat slot is taken, and probably a Valyrium so you don't get stun-locked to death while you're sitting in a bunch of mobs. All of the stats of Voidbringer are relevant in this build and lets you save a jewel socket due to not having to run an extra Fevered Mind.

With life, you have a lot more freedom - you can dual-wield, run Facebreakers for crit multi, use a Carcass Jack for increased AoE, etc.

Skill choices:
Spoiler
As for the skills to be triggered, you can pick whatever you want. For damage scaling purposes, it's best to pick a bunch of skills that share characteristics - for example, Shock Nova, Ice Nova, and Vortex are all elemental AoE skills that can be linked to Increased AoE and benefit from roughly the same stats.

The trigger skill of choice is Flameblast. Between Flameblast and Incinerate, the two fastest casting spells in the game, Flameblast actually does something when you cast it without channeling. Other slower skills like Storm Call are okay, but make the build more inconsistent since you can't cast it as frequently.

Blasphemy + Warlord's Mark is required for life leech, and also eases the mana requirement. You can reserve the rest of your mana as you see fit, possibly using Essence Worm.

On the input rate cap:
Spoiler
There is a set limit on the number of skills you can input per second, which is somewhere around 10 uses per second. If you try to cast faster than this, your input will be dropped (and you'll probably get kicked for performing too many actions per second).

This is separate from your cast speed: for example, if you had enough cast speed to cast Freezing Pulse 20 times a second, holding down the button would work fine, but if you actually tried to press your Freezing Pulse key 20 times per second, it won't register properly.

Unfortunately this limits how much your damage can scale with cast speed, and makes using gloves crafted using Essence of Insanity overkill for Flameblast. Maybe you can get a different, non-channeling spell to cast more than 10 times per second with these gloves though.

Other Kitava's Thirst builds:
Spoiler
It turns out that there's a ton of flexibility in how you can build this character, given that the only requirements are that you're wearing a Kitava's Thirst, have enough jewel sockets for a bunch of Fevered Minds, and have some way of sustaining mana. Here's some other builds that use Kitava's Thirst for damage that I referenced for this build.

zSavage's Kitava's Thirst Crit Storm Call
Kitava's Thirst Mana Tank Inquisitor
Last edited by Dimeq on Oct 10, 2016, 3:10:08 AM
Last bumped on Feb 27, 2017, 5:53:18 PM
It seems like Kitava's works better without spell echo or is it just me?
How are you running 3 curses?
"
Rorshax wrote:
It seems like Kitava's works better without spell echo or is it just me?

Yep, additional procs from Spell Echo casts don't count.

"
wcbigworm wrote:
How are you running 3 curses?

I can only run two, but I switch out Assassin's Mark for Temp Chains or some other curse if necessary.
I made my own version, which I plan to use as a second build (UberFarm -> this). I was wondering what you thought.

Overall: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_ZzidNWYWVVaKa2oAFoMR2biHLOQb3QPgCJvwmA9g-Y/edit?usp=sharing

8 Power Charges + Void Battery = +160% spell dmg
Dying Sun + Kiara's = AoE + no "of Heat" mods needed.
Intuitive Leap used in leftmost jewel socket.

Also, I did some general maths. I am not sure at all how the MP cost equation works, but I think this is right:
FB = 9
FastCast = x1.2
EleFocus = x1.3
IncEffect = x1.4
ConcEffect = x1.4
FirePen = x1.4

Total: ~35.8
Total+: ~107.9 (35.8 x 2.8 (2 Fevered Minds(100) + Voidbringer(80) = 280%?)

If this math is right, it is possible to get 100 MP cost with only 2 Fevered Mind jewels. This leaves more jewel slots open for ES/DMG/CastSpeed, or a "Survival Secrets."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info