[2.4] Crit Lacerate Slayer - Easy lab, reflect proof, can use tabula for chest piece

Tooltip Warrior DPS - Conc effect + charges (5 frenzy, 3 power). This is with a lv 16 0% lacerate.

Because of slayer we have an insane amount of leech. It's important to get enough increased leech rate so you don't die easily. Endless hunger "saves" extra leech for later. Which means even if you mess up you'll still be leeching. Example: You didn't get hit, but you leeched 100k HP. You have 100k HP saved. When you take damage, you will leech back to full like. Now it's 96k. Still saved. You can easily run through traps in lab without danger because you're leech is constantly going off saving you.

20% culling is crazy good against bosses. It's the biggest damage boost slayer has to offer. But it also gives you a 20% MORE damage and free onsalught. Nice.

HP isn't hard to come by. Tree has 186% HP on it and a lot of strength. 3 jewel slots, get life on all of them. Stun and bleed immune + fortify will keep you alive. Lacerate is ranged, so you can easily manual-dodge skills too.

Attack speed is very high, but do not mindlessly stack. Be sure get accuracy or all that attack speed isn't as good.

gear

Some notes:

Voidheart is best in slot ring, but I don't have one.
If you have Voidheart use Cherrubim's Maleficence.
Scaeva is a very powerful and a cheap main-hand weapon. You can save a passive point by having 1 blue socket in it for the mana leech
Generic chest armor is fine. For uniques you may want Belly of the Beast, Lightning Coil, Daresso's Defiance, Carcass Jack, or even Tabula Rasa.
Abyssus almost doubles our damage, because we're crit based. We won't die to reflect because of slayer ascendency

gem-links

Lacerate

Swap out +aoe for -aoe against bosses. Swap out added fire for phys2lightning for physical reflect. Added fire is your last link. You may prefer fortify. Oh, and increased crit strikes is just as good added fire, but trying to get 3-off color was a pain XD.

Physical to lightning is tricky. If you don't have voidheart it's good, because you don't bleed/poison. And because of crit, shocking things is amazing. In addition, if you have a vinktar's vessel then you leech for A LOT. I've tried it out. It's worth it if you don't have a voidheart.

Auras

If you REALLY don't want to cast curses, you can change herald of ash for blasphemy+curse. CoH+Herald of Lightning not worth. Even with +30 int from node, I only had 115 int. Wasting suffixs for +int isn't worth what you get out of it.

Random skills attached to increased duration

You will be manually casting your curses. What curse you prefer may vary. I liked assassin's mark the most, it offers the highest dps. Once I got a 6-link, I didn't even bother casting curses against anything but boss.

Movement

Cast on damage taken

If you have no way to gain endurance charges, you will also need to periodically use enduring cry.

Golem

If you find it too much of a pain to keep golem up, put it in the CoDT setup or link to minion support gems.

Advice under each gem

No special advice to give while leveling. It's very easy to level. Traversing through the tree gives you good balance of damage and life. Cloth&Chain + Diamond Skin resistance nodes are good for early leveling. Spec out of them after you get good gear.

Because slayer gives increased aoe, it's not worth wasting a lot of traveling passives to get templar aoe, so I stayed in marauder area and got more HP and damage.

flasks+jewels

Lion's Roar is by far the best flask you can use for this build. It keeps dangerous enemies at a distance. It's like stunning them, they'll keep trying to walk towards you but won't ever get close. Combined with the added +def and +dmg bonuses it's awesome. Taste of hate is almost as good, but way too expensive. Use it if you have one.

Vinktar's is good, but often you're hitting things far away that aren't shocked :( The leech is crazy if you're using phys-to-lightning. Not required at all

Nothing special about jewels, just get life on all of them.

Everything Else
You can do lab early with this build. Get Bane of Legends first for the damage, then Endless Hunger + Brutal Fervor for the leech and immunities. Finally do uber lab once you start getting into maps and take Headsman so you can do phys reflect maps.

Bandits are Life-Passive-Frenzy. But honestly it doesn't matter. You can go p-p-p or life-atkspeed-power.

So far I've done some moderately hard maps around t13. Easy mods abyss and atziri down too. I won't try guardians until I get voidheart.
Last edited by FoldedCorner on Oct 10, 2016, 8:19:01 AM
Last bumped on Nov 20, 2016, 12:32:38 PM
I started league just now and i'd like to know if lacerate is for a first character to start league.
And why facebreaker? Only fo Crit multi?
Last edited by Redvex on Oct 10, 2016, 6:28:33 AM
What are your stats? like HP, crit chance ?
I'm trying out your build now. I usually avoid playing melee because I'm terrible at flask management. I got a legacy voidheart and a witchbrew dropped for me today, they seem to go well together. I'll let you know how it turns out in a couple of days. Sitting in my H/O with hatred and HoA my DPS is 47.6k with 51% crit chance and 555 crit multi. Here's my gear.

Its a bitch capping resist wearing a voidheart. I probably should have a life flask in there.
any updates? how u survive against those big hits without phys migitations other then cwdt ic
IGN: OP_Split
GMT +8
Last edited by bodohspam on Oct 14, 2016, 9:14:29 PM
"
bodohspam wrote:
any updates? how u survive against those big hits without phys migitations other then cwdt ic

What are the face breakers for if you arent going unarmed?
"
intensifried wrote:
What are the face breakers for if you arent going unarmed?

It is for the crit multiplier bonus that works even if armed.
Fairly curious if anyone else is having same problem I am with this build as I can't seem to get anywhere near that amount of DPS yet alone same stats in my lacerate as shown in the pic with the gems he supposedly used or is recommending ??!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info