GooGeish's Wonder Wander Deadeye[2.4.0]

Hey guys! had quite a few people ask about my Wander build that i rolled in the EHC league so i decided i'd try to make a quick guide and get some points across and lay some info out for anyone else who wanted to do the build.

Video Showcase

Wonder wander display video

Pros

-Headhunter/inspired learning is loads of fun with this one
-Good leech defense
-Decent combined hp pool because hybrid
-Clears packs fast
-with enough knockback, or taking advantage of walls, kb can become a brutal trap for some bosses locking them in place and dealing big damage to them.
-knockback means less time getting hit

cons

-Chaos res gear can be a pain to find
-The build can take a heavy hit but you best be ready to run or leech back after that hit
-when there is no wall some bosses become pretty tedious compared to others which you can at least knockback into a wall after some time.
-knockback on predictive is a huge no no
-phase run

Bandits
-oak
-krait/point
(depends on jewels)
-alira

Ascendancy choices

As for ascendancy i went with deadeye and got endless munitions first, than rupture and finally fast and deadly.

There are other good choices as well such as occultist to get more defense out or even trickster but the shadow start would be a little worse.

Gear

- as for gear, aim for good es and life, and at least 1/2 pieces with good chaos resistance. Also for the wand aim for good pdps with crit and some ele

Spoiler

Skill Tree

As for leveling i simply leveled using split arrow/siege ballista with blast rain/burning arrow till about lvl 45 which i then put on a eclipse solaris and then switched to wanding.

Spoiler
http://poeurl.com/N1O

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have and i'll do my best to answer them, thanks for reading!

Last edited by GooGeish on Oct 12, 2016, 7:51:27 PM
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2016, 8:38:30 PM
updated gear and added bandit choices
I posted this on youtube but I'll never remember to check back so wanted to post here lol.

This build is really interesting and unique though, 92 is really good for ehc wander especially since you know, "wanders don't do damage without frost wall," or whatever it is people believe.

You don't see many hybrid ghost reaver VPs which is pretty great idea. Looks like minimal investment in both life/es and you get all those item slots open for resistances and the crazy amt of damage CoE Wander can get on amulet and stuff. Does this give anymore advantages other than stun/ailements and what not? I guess you can't put a price on an 'oh shit' flask either. Would make lab a hell of a lot better for anyone who's not occultist.

Any plans to essence craft gloves or something for single target?
IGN: dbk or BONGSANDTHONGS if you prefer
"
datbabykilla wrote:
I posted this on youtube but I'll never remember to check back so wanted to post here lol.

This build is really interesting and unique though, 92 is really good for ehc wander especially since you know, "wanders don't do damage without frost wall," or whatever it is people believe.

You don't see many hybrid ghost reaver VPs which is pretty great idea. Looks like minimal investment in both life/es and you get all those item slots open for resistances and the crazy amt of damage CoE Wander can get on amulet and stuff. Does this give anymore advantages other than stun/ailements and what not? I guess you can't put a price on an 'oh shit' flask either. Would make lab a hell of a lot better for anyone who's not occultist.

Any plans to essence craft gloves or something for single target?

hey thanks for the kind words, glad you like it, it gives the advantage of not needing to invest too much in one defense confining yourself on the tree and allowing you to be more flexible in getting damage and gear, also hybrid gear is very cheap right now. no plans yea for dps crafting on gloves but maybe in the future after i finish crafting my 6l.
Hello, nice guide!

1- Is "Precise interception" good for this build? Its just 2 points at the right of "FINESSE" (On ranger starting zone)

( Precise Interception is a notable passive skill that grants increased physical attack damage and additional chance to block with a shield equipped. It also grants increased armour rating, evasion rating, and energy shield from equipped shields.[1] )

2- What about "Energy shield on shield" at the left of Withc's jewel. (+40% ES from shield)

From 1- and 2- you get +100% ES from shields

3- Build still viable on 2.5 ?
Last edited by Sehk on Dec 2, 2016, 3:57:47 PM
"
Sehk wrote:
Hello, nice guide!

1- Is "Precise interception" good for this build? Its just 2 points at the right of "FINESSE" (On ranger starting zone)

( Precise Interception is a notable passive skill that grants increased physical attack damage and additional chance to block with a shield equipped. It also grants increased armour rating, evasion rating, and energy shield from equipped shields.[1] )

2- What about "Energy shield on shield" at the left of Withc's jewel. (+40% ES from shield)

From 1- and 2- you get +100% ES from shields

3- Build still viable on 2.5 ?

hey, i'll try and make these answers quick and to the point

1a; i don't think it's the best choice for point efficiency but it's definitly not bad, good pointing that one out, if you've got a great shield i'd say yea. wand damage nodes are just real hard to compete with.

2a; the es% from left of witch is pretty mediocre compared to precise, so if you were gonna get one i'd definitely get the ranger one, didn't realize how good it was. but hey if you want moar defense i'd say go for it.

3a; yup build is still viable if not better in 2.5
Thank you for answering ! ty! i may take just the ranger one

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info