[2.4] Slivertongue and Rigwald's Quills Crit Split Arrow build [Video]

Hey,
This is my first guide and English is not my first language. Please be nice with your comments below and give me useful feedback for improving my character. I am missing any details please let me know.

So why am I doing this? Because I have not found a guide for the new bow Slivertongue. Maybe it is because it is not a good one or because no one tried it out yet.
Well, the clear speed up to red maps is insane. You can one shot even blue and yellow mobs and normal Atziri is not a problem if you are not shooting the reflect guy during the split phrase and of cause for a evasion based build keep moveing smartly. This build is for SC and a lot of fun.
Due to a casual player with a job in normal life I have not complete the endgame maps and the Shaper. I try to find the maps on my own and the progression through the tree is slower, but still a lot of fun. Normally I play maps as I roll them the first, I only change reflect physical due to a crit physical build.

Video Atziri and Gorge

What is this build about?
Spoiler
You can have easily a 9-link with Slivertongue and only choose support gems with damage multiplier for your gem setup. This bow gives Fork, Chain and Pierce for free, if you give him a nice surrounding. Early on in the league I was lucky with buying a Rigwald’s Quills (Thanks to the nice guy who sold it to me). At the moment I only have a 5-link bow and chest.

Why is this build like it is now
Spoiler
Some nice trial and errors, due to no build guide available:
Why split arrow? The uber enchantment is cheap, and the physical scaling quite nice.
Why not Tornado shot? I played builds with Tornado Shot and felt for something new.
Why not Barrage? The clear speed is not as stong and the play feeling was kind of wrong.
Why puncture as Single Target? It is still a nice Single Target gem and scalses well with the physical damage of the tree and gibe the damage over time bust while moveing around the boss and wait for the next hit.
Why not Barrage as Single Target? You have to get Pierce in your gem setup if you wanna bleed the bosses to dead.
Why no poison scaling? I tried a pair of Snakebites with barrage but the clear speed was not the same and the boss kill was longer. Also I hate to look after my Fenzy Charges all the time to get the poison. So I made the decision that poison is not the build I was looking for.

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAABeBS0FtQYjCC4IiQ2NES8T2hVDFr8ZjhvIIXYj0yP2JP0mlSoLLlMwcTB8MfoyATKUNj031DnUOkJDMUd-Sn1LeEz_TZJOKlFHVUtbr11oYeJirGVNbIxtbG_ycFJ07XXLdf1293rvexR9dX8CfyuEb4bOh3aJ04wLjDaNfY1-jb-PYJUFmvGbJpuNnaqgn6Gko4qm4KfUrcKxAbIZtUi3trl8u-O9Nr6nwTPEosqpz17Pes_d02_TftQj1ELWitnG2rHawd2o4dvjn-dU53To1um96mLrY-yw7T_tg-4O73rwu_GK_MX-uv7I_94=?accountName=bilumie&characterName=Karterinia

Ascendancy
Spoiler

Deadeye: Fast and Deadly, Ricochet, Rupture, Far shot

Why? We get the chain for the mechanics of the bow and the rest is good for clear speed

Gem Setup
Spoiler
still on a 5 link because of missing luck with the fusing...
AoE Skill:
Split Arrow - PPAD - Faster Projectiles - Faster Attacks - Power Charge on Crit - (Fork, Quiver - Chain, Ricochet - Pierce, Bow)

Single Target skill:
Puncture - PPAD - Slower Projectiles - Increased Critical Strike - Culling

Curses and Auras:
Frenzy - GMP - Curse on hit - Vulnerability or Enfeeble (Curse depends on the map)
Blink Arrow - Faster Attakt, Arctic Armour, Grace

CWDT - IC - ID - Blood Rage
Ice Golem

Gear
Spoiler

DPS
Spoiler

Blood Rage generate 3 Frenzy Charges. For long boss fight use Frenzy with Curse on hit and Vulnerability. Power Charge on Crit in the AoE setup of Split Arrow generate 4 Power Charges. The change from Increased Crit to Power Charge on Crit does not negativly influence the clear speed of Split Arrow.

In my Hideout (picture represent not the current state of gem level and setup):

26.7k with Split Arrow, crit 58.04%

40.4k with Puncture, crit 81.06%

With Blood Rage, 3 Frenzy Changes, 4 Power Charges, Atziri's Promice and Witchfire Brew:

48.6k with Split Arrow, crit 72.94%

74.0k with Puncture, crit 95.0%

Defence
Spoiler

4.4k Life, the biggest issue of this character, even in sc
20k evasion with Kintsugi and Grace
88% Fire Resistance
83% Cold Resistance
78% Lightning Resistance
76% Movement Speed

Bandits
Spoiler

Oak, HP
Kraityn, Attack Speed
Alira, Power Charge

Leveling
Spoiler

I am not that big racer so it took a bit of the time.
Started with Fire Trap and Freezing Pulse (as always...even as a bow build, Lifespring, Wanderlust and Tabula Rasa)
With level 18 I took Roth's Reach with Lightning Arrow and chanced to Death`s Opus at level 44. Still with Wanderlust and Tabula Rasa till I reached level 68.
At this point I changed to my endgame setup with Slivertongue and Rigwald' Quills. The rest of the equipment I changed hear and then when I found a nice piece or found in nice offer for trade. In general I do not spent a lot of currency for buying thinks. The Kintsugi is from my own prophecy chain, Doryani's Invitation and Atziri's Promise from my own Atziri's runs, well the boot have movement speed self found. Found a own Rat's Nest but bought this one with the Uber enchanment for a couple of chaos. Amulet and Rings I bought because I needed special Resistance and some Crit and flat added physical damage.

Is this build expensice?
Spoiler
Well, I spent in total around 5 exa in SC Essence League. The Quiver Rigwald's Quills was the big part of it, but nice for clearing maps.

Thanks for the reading and your lovely comments,
bilumie

(BoE)skill=Puncture;skill=Split+Arrow;item=Rigwald's+Quills;item=Slivertongue;defense=Life;crit=true;atziri=true;coc=false;cheap=false;hardcore=false(BoE)
Last edited by bilumie on Apr 7, 2017, 2:06:08 PM
Last bumped on Dec 11, 2016, 12:20:00 AM
Chancelog
Good stuff, well thought out the use of mechanics and combinations. I am bad at dodging so i would drop some nodes of damage from the ranger area and get the scion life wheel instead.

Also unsure about faster projectiles, is that strictly necessary?
Ciao!
Hi,

thanks for sharing the build. :) Good to see that the Goat-Smash didn't wreck you. Have you tried other single-target setups? Blast Rain? I'm not often a bow user, so I am just curious. :)

Cool video, you could blink arrow more often and perhaps avoid running into packs a bit more, if you want my 2cents in terms of racing advice - but your playstyle is nice and easy. 10/10 would map with Bilumie again. :)

Ciao
udergl
I, as a Split Arrow user myself, I would suggest another setup for the skill:
Split Arrow - Phys Proj - Phys to Light - Weapon Ele - Added Fire/Power on Crit/Crit dmg

Remember that Slower Proj is a multiplicative (more) effect but faster isn't (increase is addictive).

As for Auras I'll suggest Herald of Ash instead of Artic Armour for a good dps boost; get %life from the three jewels to compensate a bit; that plus Grace will keep you safe enough.
reserved
hello dude,
i believe you want to stay pure physical and go for crit. I would also suggest you change your gem setup with crit mult and crit chance instead of PCOC and faster projectile. You could also run the crit curse to generate the power charges. It would both benefit greatly your bleed and your physical damage.

For more dps you can also go the generic crit bow physical route with hatred/added fire/herald of fire/etc but there is no fun in that and any 350+ harbinger bow would outdps yours.
Try Assassin with Noxious Strike and Toxic Delivery and scale poison and DoT like this tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYAALDYotmEojIyyBQHmRCS9W9Z8NmGaoxMjrxvFr8mlbTRYeLIDFVLdoK1SG1s62M2PeywES8DHp2qjAsrCh9BbIy5fF3yYqwOSLTFtzDC7BQJBbUTbQZwjb8miE6fUUd6fzB83viNfX8rpHgj9jnUVvrB1U2Sb_J293fX7g6gnzH6FHXvehjbW6_Tfi4jIXZOKn11AF6TmYbOTP8j0_66GY67nsEzQzGPYG8nu-Ptg-3X2sGNfppqxKIILnTtt7YFLXXLeu_qYr6nZU29NjfU7T8byM_d8YpHfgAA

then for last points with ascendancy get Unstable Infusion and deadly Infusion.

Use Barrage with x2 Volley Fire, Rigwald Quiver(fork) and the follow setup....

Barrage//Phys Proj//Rapid Decay//Chain for mobs or Culling Strike for bosses///Add Chaos and 6LVoid Manipulation easy to color since its 5 green and 1 blue and u can swap the chain when u want for more dmg VS single stuff.

If you are only using Barrage to deal dmg on the bow then it frees your armor to use Kaom Heart and get more life.Wont need Rat Nest or facebreaker to deal dmg.....just use all rares with res and life and a Doedre Ring to use Blasphemy with Vulnerability and Temp Chains as aura.
Last edited by Redfloyd on Nov 16, 2016, 12:26:34 PM
hey, is this still viable in 2.5, please? I love split arrow.
Tyrs Paladium - DoT Enthusiast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info