3.0 LL 26/20 Essence Drain Decay Bow build. Everything farmer.

IGN: @AmbushedByDongers
Shop and mirror service: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/984191
lvl 95 Physical Crit Bow Gear: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1073300
Last edited by UncleNana on Jan 17, 2017, 12:08:32 AM
Really enjoying this build!

I started with consuming dark + decay dagger and ran doedre's for vuln with witchfire brew. it was decent but I decided a few days ago to take the leap into +1 decay bow and damn is it nice! I ended up dropping doedre's ring and just run temp chains and enfeeble on blasphamy.

The new (?) div card "the porcupine" allowed me to get a 6-link short bow for about 15c, works well as it is ilvl 50 which is exactly what you need for +1 to socketed gems. It did take me about 7-8 del essences to get an open prefix/suffix to craft on so still ended up costing a lot, but hopefully you guys will have better luck!

I still have a few jewels to switch out (running a little resist and DW spell damage), tooltip is pushing 20.5k dps (cant recall dot dmg but its around 60k I think?)

I got extremely lucky with a shavs drop in a shaped mesa and managed to 6link it in 200ish, so now im LL and sitting on 9.6k ES which is comfortable for the content I have completed to date (yet to give shaper a go!).

Cheers.

Profile below for those that are interested.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/camdibb/characters
Just wanted to thank the OP for this thread, lots of very helpful info in here. I'm currently using this build with some very minor changes here and there to suit CI (not jumped into LL just yet) and I'm finding ALL content piss easy and super fun to clear. Only thing I can't seem to nail is shaper but I know for sure it's just cause I don't know the fight, nothing to do with the build.

So yeah, cheers again to the OP, great skill, great build!
interesting build, different from what I played before. not exactly easy to play... but not too impossibly awkward either. somewhere in between..

I don't understand at all the bow tho, I used a +2 maraketh. that essence upgrade thing.. no idea what it is, I haven't played this game in a while.

I think the best part of this build is the quiver, which grants fast recharge. I also have some extra stats on gear that improve on that. so... even if with 7k shield, which should be kind of thin.. it feels solid, cuz recharge starts almost immediately. especially good for lab.

also, it doesn't require many uniques. so I could use my fav rings and gear.

the biggest problem is DPS. very low. around 3k... or 16k per second. whatever these numbers mean.. but they feel insufficient. it's very difficult to deal with mid tear content. I can't spend 5 minutes killing a boss.. I will die much sooner : ]

I haven't fully upgraded all gems tho, and I have a 5L. knowing PoE though, I doubt the 6L would make much of a difference. the bow would, and a lvl 20 at least, or 21.. would also. but I do have good gear otherwise, I'm lvl 85, so most of the tree is there, 3 ascensions, good jewels in the tree..

another problem, is, as advertised, the build is not designed for packs. but farming packs of mobs, is what you get to do most of the game. sure, the biggest challenge is bosses, so a good build is, I think, a build that can deal with bosses well. but slow and painful farming can lead a man to mental madness and despair : >
"
interesting build, different from what I played before. not exactly easy to play... but not too impossibly awkward either. somewhere in between..

I don't understand at all the bow tho, I used a +2 maraketh. that essence upgrade thing.. no idea what it is, I haven't played this game in a while.

I think the best part of this build is the quiver, which grants fast recharge. I also have some extra stats on gear that improve on that. so... even if with 7k shield, which should be kind of thin.. it feels solid, cuz recharge starts almost immediately. especially good for lab.

also, it doesn't require many uniques. so I could use my fav rings and gear.

the biggest problem is DPS. very low. around 3k... or 16k per second. whatever these numbers mean.. but they feel insufficient. it's very difficult to deal with mid tear content. I can't spend 5 minutes killing a boss.. I will die much sooner : ]

I haven't fully upgraded all gems tho, and I have a 5L. knowing PoE though, I doubt the 6L would make much of a difference. the bow would, and a lvl 20 at least, or 21.. would also. but I do have good gear otherwise, I'm lvl 85, so most of the tree is there, 3 ascensions, good jewels in the tree..

another problem, is, as advertised, the build is not designed for packs. but farming packs of mobs, is what you get to do most of the game. sure, the biggest challenge is bosses, so a good build is, I think, a build that can deal with bosses well. but slow and painful farming can lead a man to mental madness and despair : >

The things you add to ED gem improve it a lot. Yes, there's a huge difference with a 6L, and there's also a great difference with every level you get on your ED gem. I suggest you to buy/farm the 6L short bow cards, they are very cheap. They are called "the porcupine". Throw the essence to it, craft +1 on the bow if possible and level your gems. I'd also suggest you to level 6 ED's in the offhand, vaal them on 20/20 to get a 21/20, and repeat with empowers.

By the way, with 2.6 patch I think the tree improved. I don't remember it 100% but I think that now it takes 1 less skill point to get to ZO. At level 94/95 you may be able to get Potency of Will.

Did anyone notice that now the AoE of Contagion is way less than before?
Last edited by intre on Mar 8, 2017, 12:02:33 PM

How good is the amulet for this build?
@DerWeiss Any updated for 2.6? the aoe nerf so does this build? what you think I planning to play this build for legacy league
Why is a bow used instead of any other 2H weapon? Is the +1 socketed gems restricted to it?
"
rochambeau wrote:
Why is a bow used instead of any other 2H weapon? Is the +1 socketed gems restricted to it?

With a bow you can take advantage from Soul Strike, which is an excellent defensive quiver to use.
Hello, thinking about doing this build as I like the style of this build. I recently 6l'd a Shavs and I would love to make use of it with this build but it seems like you only need to 6l w/ a bow. Is there anything that this build can do with a 2nd 6l?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info