[2.4] 《UPDATED》 Santi's Unhitable-Invincible-Reacher-Frenzyist

Hi! Welcome to my Path of Exile Ranger-Raider-Evasionist-build! Yes, this is a Raider only build, and based on evasion stacking and dodge.

Char Screenshots
Spoiler

UPDATES
Spoiler

I've tried using Queen of the Forest and Kintsugi. My observations are:

-QotF: This unique chestpiece gives us a lot of movementspeed. I can't argue with that. However, we do lose some evasion and that good Added Cold dmg from Hyrri's Ire. I didn't really like the damage loss, and the benefit of movement speed just simply didn't seem to surpass that.

-Kintsugi: Kintsugi is great, but a bit expensive. I got a good roll on mine, and the price was around 30c (no links). We do lose the Cold Damage from Hyrri's and even more evasion rating then we lost by using QotF. However, the benefit of 20% reduced damage taken is pretty good, and that 50% increased evasion rating when hit is just damn nice. I got hit a bit more frequently then when I used Hyrri's, but the damage I was being delt didn't scare me as much as when I got hit with Hyrri's. All in all, Kintsugi is a good choice, specially after doing Uber Lab, when we pick up Avatar of the Veil and don't need that extra 10% chance to dodge spell damage(Vaal Grace caps us already).

First of all, let's get some questions answered:
Spoiler

-Is this your first build?
A: No, this is my first forum posted build, but not my first ever created build. I actually have played only ranged characters on my PoE history, so the Ranger-side of the skill tree is completely familiar to me.

-Isn't evasion something that you should use as an extra and not as your only defense?
A: Well, this build doesn't use evasion only, it caps you at 75% spell dodge and attack dodge, uses Phasing and a lot of movement speed.

-Does this build require any uniques?
A:Yes, the minimum requirements are

NO YOU DONT NEED A CORRUPTED +1 FRENZY CHARGE BUT IT IS RECOMMENDED!

-If you are gonna have that many frenzy charges, why not pick up Avatar of The Slaughter from Raider?
A: Please read the Mechanics section below :D

-WTF WHY DID YOU CHOSE TO USE ARROW DANCING YOU STUPID MOFO!1!1??!
A: Please read the Mechanics section below :D

Secondly, some explanation on the idea behind the build:
Spoiler

I have always played evasion based characters. As a ranger, frenzy charges, evasion and movement speed seemed esential and important in general, so I ended up planing a build wich used these mechanics in an almost "exploitative" way, combining pieces of gear and Ascendancy nodes to achieve what I ended up calling "an Unhitable character".

PROS AND CONS
Spoiler

PROS
-Extremelly high survivability.
-Immune to elemental status ailments.
-Around 200% increased Life and Evasion.
-Really high movement speed.
-High physical dps.
-High clear speed from movementspeed and dps.
-Onslaught and Phasing are always up, giving us high amounts of damage and survivability.
CONS
-Phys reflect maps are extremelly rippy
-Not immune to spell damage, and chaos spells are a bit rippy aswell.
-Not the cheapest of builds.
-Build is a tad slow before reaching lvl 65 (Boots and Chestpiece have lvl65 requirement.)

NOW TO THE MECHANICS
Spoiler

---Ok. This might be a bit complex, but let's get started. This build uses extremelly high amounts of evasion, caps your dodge and spell dodge, uses Phasing, Onslaught, big number of Frenzy charges (8 to 11), high amounts of movement speed. We pick the Arrow Dancing node, that node everyone seems to forget or simply ignore. Why? Well, the only con from Arrow Dancing is the 20% less chance to evade melee attacks. "Wait, WHAT!?" you may be asking. Here's what: we also pick up the Raider's Avatar of the Chase node. It gives us 25% more chance to evade melee attacks, cancelling out the Arrow Dancing's con. Oh, AD gives you 40% more chance to evade proj attacks, and Avatar of the Chase gives 15% as well. Concluding: 5% more chance to evade melee attacks and 55% to projeciles! This is so broken that I'm surprised no one figured it out yet.

---The use of Darkray Vectors gives us not only +1 frenzy charge, but also 5% movespeed and 2% dodge chance to attacks per charge. So if you have 8 charges (10 if +1 from corrupted amulet and +1 from corrupted boots) you have between 40-50% movespeed and 16-20% dodge chance.
The use of Hyrri's Ire gives you 2000 evasion rating, chill duration, but most importantly 10% to dodge chance to attacks and spells.

---In order for us to be able to pick up Arrow Dancing, we need a way of cancelling out that nasty 20% less chance to evade. Luckily, Avatar of the Chase gives us that. In my opinion and calculation, picking up Avatar of the Slaughter simply doesn't surpass the benefit of AofChase. However, if you feel the damage is lacking or are playing Standard, instead of Avatar of the Veil, picking up Avatar of the Slaughter is viable. You would lose immunity to any elemental status ailments, Phasing, 20%inc elemental damage, but most importantly 28% movespeed and 6%chance to dodge attacks and 10%chance to dodge spells.

---Drillneck gives us 100% increased damage.

THE PASSIVE SKILL TREE
Spoiler

LEVEL 70 -- https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAINtm42v619wLU0ILu2DGY4AXtN-fXX-urvjxKKn1P7IexQj9k2SjX0wfMjcwUn-HVFHlQXZxjKUfwKm4AiJmvFdaMqpjb_UIzBx3ahLeDpCW6--p3XL6mJM_y9yQzHDM1oa2sF07QUtLlNlTb02R34S8WuQTioqW4JeBbXC7BR1tMUM8qXLYqxsjJ2qPs-95mJaJJ16741-Gf4bAX8rBiOE2XfXVvqUuPljVP7Tb1LsVUth4iaV1oo2PW1sD6sWv82Y

LEVEL 85 -- https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAINtm42v619wLU0ILu2DGY4AXtN-fXX-urvjxKKn1P7IexQj9k2SjX0wfMjcwUn-HVFHlQXZxjKUfwKm4AiJmvFdaMqpjb_UIzBx3ahLeDpCW6--p3XL6mJM_y9yQzHDM1oa2sF07QUteu9lTb02R34S8WuQTioqW82YBbXC7BR1tMUM8qXLYqxsjJ2qPs-95m1sbzvAGqluNj2NfnfjAdwZ_hsBfysuUwYjhNl311b6lLj5Y1T-028j028nmmpS7NaKeA3YvTWStfIknWJagl4Pqxa_JpVh4lVL8kX-j_4KPL7Y1Q==

LEVEL 100 -- https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAM96shkyAZsmm42v6y1NL3IS8WuQCC7tgxmOAF7Tfn11_rq748Sip9T-yHsUVP4j9k2SjX0wfMjcwUn-HVFHlQXZxjKUfwKm4AiJmvFdaMqpjb_UIzBx3ahLeDpCmmro1kkPW6_Yvb6ndcvqYkz_PL5DMcMzWhrawXTtBS167y5T029lTb02R36DbV9wTir-CvJFBbXC7G1sJJ02Pdctbycj01LsFHW0xQzypctirGyMnao-z73mN9TtPzrhplcmlU3j_o9vOzWStfJ4DcAaqW5VS41-d-MB3Bn-GwHYYBa_D6th4n8r1ooGI4TZzZgqW9jVd9dW-pS4-WNiWoJeYet6Uw==

BANDITS - OAK, PASSIVE, KRAITYN

LEVELING
Spoiler

My recommendation for leveling is to follow ZiggyD's ranged character leveling advice from his AssReacher build guide:

Then

We're not going for crit, so FA is a better choice. Get GMP as soon as possible instead of LMP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcrfHWxRoLA --- Video from where I got this images.

My recomendation for skills and links is as follows:
Spoiler

-- Get yourself a Reach of the Council bow. This is not necessary, but EXTREMELLY recommended. Since we want a lot of evasion, Grace aura is essential. Grab Arctic Armour as well.

-- One variation I have made in my character is using

with Grace, then Arctic Armour and Herald of Ash for extra dps. You might be able to use 2 Essence Worms, one with Hatred and the other with Grace, however it might be extremelly hard to cap your resists without 2 ring slots.

-- The links and skills you want to use with Reach of the Council are:

TS-PIERCE-PPAD-FA-SLOWERPROJ-POISON --- A 5link is enough but 6link is better.
FRENZY-CoH-CURSE-CHAIN-BLIND-CULL --- A 5/6link is not required, however Blind is great.
BLINK-FA/FPROJ-CULL-RARITY?
ARCTICARMOUR-HoA-GOLEM-BLOODRAGE
On your boots preferably- VAALHASTE-VAALGRACE-DECOYTOTEM-INCDURATION

-- If you won't use Essence Worm, instead of HoA use Grace.

-- Without Reach the changes are:
TS-PIERCE-GMP-PPAD-FA-SLOWERPROJ
FRENZY-CoH-CURSE-GMP

-- For curses, Enfeeble or Temporal Chains.

You can, however, change the build a bit.
Spoiler

Instead of using Arctic Armour, another Herald is usefull (if using Essence worm, get HoA and HoI. If not using Essence Worm, only HoA). Instead of Avatar of the Veil, getting Avatar of the Slaughter is viable. Sacrificing some life and evasion for more damage, or even crit, is viable as well.
Keep in mind that these are measures that should be taken in Standard only, unless you are really pro and don't mind risking it for some extra dps.

FLASKS
Spoiler

That 1st Onslaught flask should have another suffix instead of "of Heat". Poison removal, Increased effect or anything else is better then Freeze immunity since we are already immune to freeze from Avatar of the Veil! Also, getting the "Experimenter" affix on all flasks would be ideal.

GEAR
Spoiler

My gear at lvl 80 on EHC is as follows:

-- From all those unique items, the required are Darkrays, Reach of the Council and Drillneck. Essence Worm and Kintsugi are highly recommended.
-- Helmet, Belt, Rings and Amulet should focus on resistances, life and evasion.

If you have any questions, please ask them on the threads below.
Last edited by MaykellenBalosa on Oct 12, 2016, 10:47:40 PM
Last bumped on Oct 11, 2016, 6:07:15 PM
Can you post some char screen screenshots? Interested in how much life you have with so many 0 life pieces. I know you have capped dodge but its out of curiosity. On that note going to marauder area for warrior's blood etc is more hp than revenge of the hunted unless you really value the tiny bit of evasion.
Last edited by Aggnog on Oct 4, 2016, 6:57:42 PM
but can it clear all contenT?
"
Aggnog wrote:
Can you post some char screen screenshots? Interested in how much life you have with so many 0 life pieces. I know you have capped dodge but its out of curiosity. On that note going to marauder area for warrior's blood etc is more hp than revenge of the hunted unless you really value the tiny bit of evasion.

Hi Aggnog! That's actually a pretty good idea, I'll give it a try. The thing is, I'm currently traveling and can't play for a while, so if you want to give it a shot be my guest :D.
Also, I was wondering about using the Queen of the Forest unique chestpiece, as we'll have around some 55k evasion with flasks and charges up at lvl 100, so that extra bit of evasion rating might be useful.

Here's the difference between the 2 paths:

Spoiler
REVENGE OF THE HUNTED
20 dex
20%inc life
50%inc eva
12%inc phys dmg

MARAUDER SIDE
+1 Passive Point
10 dex
40 str
1.8% life regen
20% inc stun threshold
20%inc life
+20 life
Last edited by MaykellenBalosa on Oct 4, 2016, 9:54:29 PM
"
but can it clear all contenT?

Hi SpanishMonarch! It have cleared everything up to tier 10 maps, I didn't have enough time to do more since I ended up traveling. But as soon as I come back I'll try some more advanced maps, Atziri, Guardians and perhaps Shaper (even though I've never done Shaper :p).
Last edited by MaykellenBalosa on Oct 4, 2016, 9:55:30 PM
"
Aggnog wrote:

Aggnog, I've updated the build guide, and will soon post char screenshots. I will try and use your recommendation of going for the Marauder side and getting more life aswell. Thank you!

Edit: Char screenshots posted!
Last edited by MaykellenBalosa on Oct 12, 2016, 3:07:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info