Trials of Ascendancy should not be random.

"
scale_e wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
scale_e wrote:
"Hey there, fellow exile. Here is that thing you were looking for, free of charge. I won't even complain that you're eating up one of my map portals. If you need any more, here's the link to a Reddit thread populated with people who, like me, just give shit away for free!"

OP - No! I want QUALITY player interaction!

WTF.jpg

TheOPhasn'tRepliedYouAreMakingItWeird.gif

Oh lol, I thought Siochan was OP. My bad. Point still stands tho.

Join a chat channel, send party invite, go to HO, enter portals, leave. That's all you have to do to accomplish that. If you call that a game promoting decent interaction enough to warrant trolling the fuck out of everyone, then I guess PoE is the game for you! You also probably enjoy the interaction of copying and pasting a trade offer taken from a 3rd-party website that is simply replied with "Player is ARK" just for the sake of 'player interaction', lol...
"
RogueMage wrote:
To date I have encountered a grand total of four Uber Trials, of which two were the same. This is after unlocking my Atlas by 45% and playing off a few dozen old square maps. At this rate, I doubt I'll see the Uber Lab before the end of Essence. There's a good chance, however, that I'm being overly optimistic, as there's nothing that guarantees the RNG gods won't give me the same five trials over and over again.

So GGG wants to stonewall us with a stingy chance to come across an Uber Trial. Fine, business as usual in Wraeclast.

But how hard would it be for the game to cross out completed trials so you don't see them again? At least then, we'd have something to look forward to when each trial appears, instead of cynically expecting to be trolled once again...

No thanks. Some folks farm uber lab. This requires me to be able to run the same trial multiple times to get Offerings. If I was never able to spawn a repeat trial, I would be limited the 6 runs per league? Nope. Global 820 and global 5055 are good places to find trials.
U MAD?
I guess the trial could be chosen by the player by clicking on the ascendancy plaque, opening a portal to the selected kind of trial.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:08:45 PM
Maybe that would be a good idea. I kept getting the same trials, 3 of them, over and over in prophecy and the same is happening in the ltd amt I'm playing in essence. It gets a bit old.
Censored.
Maybe if you get the prophecy for a trial it's guaranteed one you haven't done yet.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
That would be a good thing.
Censored.
I'm at 5/6 trials, trying to get the last one done and it is incredibly unfun and a negative gaming experience. This is one of the reasons I quit early for the prophecy league. I was at level 91 or 92 without getting all 6. It's just an overall negative and incredibly frustrating experience. It's just random, so there's nothing you can do which makes it feel like you don't have any agency, player choice, or any input. Run a map, did it have a trial? Was it the trial you needed? Run another map. And that's it. This is by far my largest complaint in the game right now and it locks out a pretty significant part of the endgame.
"
theomni wrote:
I'm at 5/6 trials, trying to get the last one done and it is incredibly unfun and a negative gaming experience. This is one of the reasons I quit early for the prophecy league. I was at level 91 or 92 without getting all 6. It's just an overall negative and incredibly frustrating experience. It's just random, so there's nothing you can do which makes it feel like you don't have any agency, player choice, or any input. Run a map, did it have a trial? Was it the trial you needed? Run another map. And that's it. This is by far my largest complaint in the game right now and it locks out a pretty significant part of the endgame.

Join /Global 820. You shouldn't have much trouble finding that last trial you need.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Join /Global 820. You shouldn't have much trouble finding that last trial you need.

Of all the scenarios in the game, the Lab is clearly designed for solo play, which is my preference anyway. Those tight little floor-spike mazes which lead to deadends are maddening enough solo. I can't imagine what it's like trying to keep a random group together when you have to repeatedly backtrack through that shit. Most likely requires a steely tour guide to maintain any coherent plan at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info