[ 2.4 ] Chaos Vortex Saboteur Trapper {CI}{EE}{100% Chaos Conversion}

-!- How The Build Came To Be -!-
                                           Explanation on how the build functions.

By accident I found out that even though the Pyre, Sapphire Ring is able to convert the initial hit of the Vortex which is cold into fire damage the after effect cannot be converted from fire into cold damage. ( I confirmed this is intentional and not a bug. )

After that incident being found out I though about the passive node Elemental Equilibrium. After which I did some research on what can and can't trigger elemental equilibrium to activate on an enemy. I did some testing I found out that DoT(Damage Over Time) effects and chaos damage do not trigger the elemental equilibrium from activating. Which is perfect for the DoT on Vortex.

All that is missing is to convert the initial fire damage into chaos damage because then every time a trap would trigger on that same enemy it would do 25% less damage because it gained 25% fire resist from elemental equilibrium. So I had to make use of equipping two legacy The Consuming Dark, Fiend Daggers and one Infernal Mantle, Widowsilk Robe which would bring me up to 100% Fire to Chaos Conversion and since the after effect of Vortex is still cold damage that does not get converted to chaos damage.

Sadly now with the initial hit being converted to chaos damage EE cannot be activated by the traps anymore UNLESS I use Herald of Thunder which adds lightning damage to my initial hit. So with that aura, EE can activate off of it. Effectively lowering the enemies cold and fire resistances by 50%.

-!- Mandatory Uniques -!-

- 2x The Consuming Dark, Fiend Daggers [Legacy Variant]
They have to be legacy otherwise you would be at only 75% chaos conversion.

- 1x Infernal Mantle, Widowsilk Robe

- 1x Pyre, Sapphire Ring

-!- Gem Link Setup -!-
Spoiler
I won't have all the gems for all the gear linked yet since idk 100% what i will want to do.

- Chest:

1st           2nd            3rd            4th           5th            6th

- Dagger 1:

1st           2nd            3rd

- Dagger 2:

1st           2nd            3rd

- Glove:

1st           2nd            3rd            4th

- Helmet:

1st           2nd            3rd            4th   (Enlighten. Need to get one.)

- Boots:

1st           2nd            3rd            4th

?              ?                ?               ?

-!- Bandit Rewards -!-

- Normal Difficulty:                             - Cruel Difficulty:                             - Merciless Difficulty:
   Passive Skill Point                               Passive Skill Point                            Passive Skill Point

-!- Skill Point Progression -!-

25 Points - Good early survivablility with Energy Shield passives and some Life Passives
49 Points - Much needed trap cooldown and damage + more Energy Shield Passives
69 Points - More Energy Shield and some Area Damage for your Vortex
88 Points - Lv65!! Transition into Chaos Innoculation!
107 Points - Double/Triple Dip Damage Passives
123 Points - Some Extra Passives to consider towards lv 100

-!- Ascendancy Progression -!-

- Normal Labyrinth

- Cruel Labyrinth

- Merciless Labyrinth

- Uber Labyrinth

Last edited by PrinceCuddles on Oct 16, 2016, 5:07:18 AM
Last bumped on Nov 24, 2016, 12:41:20 PM
I always take the blind nodes in the saboteur ascendancy first because it gives a good amount of surviablity to the char since Trappers have no leech.
I am blind. Where is skill tree?
Missing skill tree and missing equipment with gems
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
"
welshrats wrote:
I always take the blind nodes in the saboteur ascendancy first because it gives a good amount of surviablity to the char since Trappers have no leech.

That is true but my reasoning is to rush for chain reaction which IS A HUGE potential damage increase. That is unless you are willing to spend 10 refunds just to respec those 2 ascendancy points for once you finish cruel lab.
"
Inferius90 wrote:
I am blind. Where is skill tree?

"
tobes111 wrote:
Missing skill tree and missing equipment with gems

Skill Tree Uploaded was very busy recently coming home very late and not having time to upload my skill tree.
Mind posting your current gears? or at least making ur character tabs public so I can have idea what stats to look for
"
Mind posting your current gears? or at least making ur character tabs public so I can have idea what stats to look for

Currently have my character stripped because needed some serious funding for a certain build i was working on but will be restarting progression on my Trapper once i see some nice results on m theory build. EST: 3weeks - 1month untill i am somewhat happy... maybe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info