[2.4] The Signal Fire! RF, Bow+Quiver, AoF, BV Build! Lvl 87 EHC Chieftain

I know what you're thinking guys... Another BV build?

But wait!

This is really spicy.

Map video (no sound) https://youtu.be/nZYI-2tKEtw
Atziri Video https://youtu.be/w1D0Bqr8HbQ

Conc effect Tooltip:

Increased Aoe Tooltip:

Why? Signal Fire? Avatar of Fire?

Okay okay. Super strange build i know. But it is incredibly strong.

First of all.

Signal Fire is used to make my Blade Vortex do 100% fire damage.

Second of all, the "Gain 32% of physical damage as extra fire damage" basically says, "Your physical spells deal 32% more damage"

And to that we add a Crude Bow which has no level requirement so that we can colour it accordingly, crafted with a Woe Essence

And the icing on the cake is Righteous Fire, which we can run without Rise of the Phoenix thanks to the Leo mod on our bow, "Reduced damage taken from damage over time" which greatly reduces the damage we take from RF. Along with life regen from the Chieftain ascendancy and by using 2x Kaoms Way rings we achieve an incredible amount of life regen.

We also gain alot of armour from our chest and other armour pieces which puts us at 9k armour along with 8 endurance charges which provides excellent physical mitigation

The result is an incredibly strong build with huge damage output that can do uber lab, atziri and high maps. (Havent tried guardians yet since i just died at lvl 87 in EHC but i think they're doable.)

Bandits

Normal : Oak

Cruel : Passive

Merciless : Oak

Passive Tree:

Full Gear Set & Gem Setup:
Spoiler
If you read this you owe me an exalt.
If your friends aren't playing Path of Exile, are they really your friends?
IGN = @MattFromSweden
Last edited by Mattishh on Oct 4, 2016, 9:21:20 PM
Last bumped on Dec 26, 2016, 2:42:33 AM
This build is super awesome fun. New meta incoming! Get in now people! Before the price of crude bows skyrocket!

Last edited by hesmen on Oct 2, 2016, 2:12:27 AM
A RF build, that is actually different?

what kinda wizardry is this? hagrid?

so we dont need the exact same gear we had 4 years ago to run RF?
This build is lacking, other than that its a nice idea.

I would have added Iron Will, I would dual wield corrupted scepters instead of "The Signal Fire"
and i would have made use of "Emberwake" & "The Taming" BC... Chieftain...

I play a similar build right now but without damage conversion, I play RF + IW + +3 Staff -> Vortex.
Also as Chieftain obviously (don't think there is another viable way to 2H RF) and the damage is awesome, not to mention the huge amount of HP and Armor. (which is kinda worthless in this meta, lol.)
"
Darkmixxer wrote:

I would have added Iron Will, I would dual wield corrupted scepters instead of "The Signal Fire"

I play a similar build right now but without damage conversion, I play RF + IW + +3 Staff -> Vortex.
Also as Chieftain obviously (don't think there is another viable way to 2H RF) and the damage is awesome, not to mention the huge amount of HP and Armor. (which is kinda worthless in this meta, lol.)

This build was not about being the best build possible, it was about doing something super weird that still worked amazingly well, this build actually does more damage (8.6k - 13k tooltip) than my pathfinder BV build on standard.
IGN = @MattFromSweden
"

This build was not about being the best build possible, it was about doing something super weird that still worked amazingly well.

Yeah, i expected that already. I would have tipped on "Non bow build with a bow" or a "use at least x fated unique item" kind of Ruleset, made me excited to try to make a build with such restrictions as well. ^.^

"

This build actually does more damage (8.6k - 13k tooltip) than my pathfinder BV build on standard.

Then that build is lacking as well, Pathfinder Blade Vortex builds do a LOT more dps.
Not that it matters...
"
Darkmixxer wrote:

Iron Will would be nice, but the other Support gems are just stronger.
Well, if you would have changed all those things, then you would have changed the concept completely. This build is obviously not aiming to be the best BV build out there, but to be something different and clever but still effective, in which it succeeded.
I love it and think it's a great build.

@OP: Why not Elemental Focus instead of Controlled Destruction?
Did you try Rallying Cry for your Mana problems? It's a shame to see you having to invest into mana notes when there's so much nice stuff to choose instead.
You are just 2 points away from a Jewel Socket in your tree and have juicy stuff close by. You are just 1 point "away" from 0.8 reggen in the starting area.
IGN: Scordalia_
Last edited by Caliginosus on Oct 2, 2016, 4:18:29 PM
"
Caliginosus wrote:
"
Darkmixxer wrote:

Iron Will would be nice, but the other Support gems are just stronger.
Well, if you would have changed all those things, then you would have changed the concept completely. This build is obviously not aiming to be the best BV build out there, but to be something different and clever but still effective, in which it succeeded.
I love it and think it's a great build.

@OP: Why not Elemental Focus instead of Controlled Destruction?
Did you try Rallying Cry for your Mana problems? It's a shame to see you having to invest into mana notes when there's so much nice stuff to choose instead.
You are just 2 points away from a Jewel Socket in your tree and have juicy stuff close by. You are just 1 point "away" from 0.8 reggen in the starting area.

Ele focus would be best damage gem but for maps where i dont run RF i want to get ignites from BV so that i can get the endurance charges from killing burning enemies.

Never considered rallying cry, dont like having to keep it up all the time but it would probably be a good solution.

I am 2 points away from alot of good stuff but i dont want to drop anything else, the skill tree is of my lvl 87 character and not the final tree. On that note i will update it with all the good stuff that you're mentioning <:
IGN = @MattFromSweden
Last edited by Mattishh on Oct 2, 2016, 11:22:59 PM
Just added a video of an atziri run.
IGN = @MattFromSweden
Really enjoying this so far. :) Love ya

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info