[2.4]TRI Cheap CI Ephemeral Edge Blade Vortex(video updated)

Hello, this is my first time posting a build and hope you guys enjoy it.

Videos(more to come.. my ping goes high and it's kinda laggy when i turn on video capture program..)
Spoiler
T14 Corrupted Maze https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da2v1yru0Bw
T15 Corrupted Colosseum first run with one death https://youtu.be/r0H9DKJbqO8
T15 Abyss https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTOEoxoqA3c&feature=youtu.be

Tips about maps
Spoiler
Colosseum: I kept being frozen, so i googled after the map with one death and it said that daresso has cold damage attacks. So, it will be nice to have 2 immune to frozen Flasks or Wanderlust/Dream Fragments.
Quay: Bring 2 immune to bleeding flasks then facetank the boss

Achievements
Spoiler
Uber Izaro, Abyss double boss, Colosseum

Pros
Spoiler
Very Cheap
Descent clear speed
Descent single target damage
Can do end game maps with cheap gears
Uber lab is easy
You can transfer the skin of Razor of the Seventh Sun to your weapon!!(this was the actual reason i chose ephemeral edge)

Cons
Spoiler
Your shield could be expensive if you want more es and spell damage
You simply can't use ev/es shield because it doesn't give you spell damage and crit chance for spells
You will have a hard time finding good strength rings and an amulet(you only need 111 total strength)
Thunder storm thingy(?) can be hard to fight against
You will be frozen quite often because you're CI.
Unless you have Skyforth, you have to keep pressing your another blade vortex button to sustain power charges
No blood magic maps

What's Ephemeral Edge?
Well, you can see it down below

I know that this sword itself isn't that great, but something crossed my mind; the sword itself isn't good, but if i build around the sword, it will be good.
See what the sword gives us, it gives us 50% increased maximum energy shield(max-roll) and 50% global crit. That '50% increased maximum energy shield' is a huge boost to our defense which means we don't have to spend that many increased energy shield nodes on the passive skill tree. So, you can pick up more damage nodes over energy shield nodes, but it won't be an enough damage boost. So, we can use damage shield like this:

That shield gives me 97% crit chance for spells and 57% increased spell damage and is very cheap since that only has 230 energy shield(of course if you have a better one, you can use it)

So, what we get from the shield and the sword is: 57% increased spell damage, 147 increased critical strike chance for spells and 50% increased energy shield and that is just insane. it's 50%! this makes you able to pick damage nodes from the passive skill tree over energy shield nodes which are pretty nice.

Gear
Spoiler
1 alch
10c
15c
3ex
1c
1c
20c
9fus
1c

Gear Upgrade
Spoiler
2c/5c/self-found
Use Valyrium over Eye of Chayula if you can cap your res. That thing is better than the amulet.

Jewels
Spoiler

Flasks
Spoiler

Recommended Flasks
Spoiler
Taste of Hate, Vessel of Vinktar with adds to spell damage, Rumi's, Diamond Flask

How/What to choose gears
Spoiler
Helmet: The Vertex will be the best option and it costs only about 10~15c. If you don't like the Vertex, you can use high ev/es helmet instead.

Chest: Look for high evasion rating and energy shield; if possible, elemental resistances as well.

Gloves: High evasion rating and energy shield(at least +100) with ele res, but this will be hard to get and expensive. You can just use a cheap one like mine.

Boots: Sin Trek is the best and cheapest option if you don't have high ev/es boots, but if you can't cap your ele res, just look for at least +20% movement speed es boots with ele res.

Belt: Energy shield and ele res on rustic sash will probably be the best option you can get, but if you need some strength and can't afford it, just a belt with energy shield, strength and ele res will do fine.

Rings: Valyrium is a good option here if you can cap your cold res and you should look for a ring with mana regeneration(+40%), energy shield, strength(if you don't have 111 strengths), + to mana if possible and ele res.
Diamond ring with the modifiers above will be very expensive, but will do a great job.

Amulet: Eye of Chayula if you don't have/use/like to use Valyrium or an amulet with % maximum energy shield, strength(if you don't have 111 strengths), + to mana if possible and ele res.
If you add some crit and crit multi, it will be a good choice; but also are expensive.

Shield: You should look for high es shield(at least +200) with spell damage and spell crit. Your most of dps comes from your shield, so you will want to find high spell damage(at least +50) and spell crit shields(at least +70). However, +300 es with good spell damage and crit chance shields are very expensive, so just use under 300 es shield with good options. They won't be as cheap as you can see on poe trade, but won't be expensive neither(about 10-25c).

Flask: If you can afford Vessel of Vinktar, it will be the best flask you can get(you're going to need immune to shock flask as well). The one 20% of physical damage converted to lightning damage with Physical to Lightning support gem will give you a huge amount of life leech, but if you can't spend over 7ex for it, you can just use adds to spell damage version.

Jewel: Physical Damage, Spell Damage, Spell Damage while Wielding a Shield, Area Damage

Current Gear
Spoiler

Keystones: Since you're using Ephemeral Edge, which increases only 50% ciritical strike chance to your spells, you have to fill it from somewhere else; and it is from the shield and the passive tree. You only need 200+ energy shield, +50 spell damage and +70 crit chance for spells from your shield and you will not pick up some energy shield nodes but damage nodes since you can get 50% increased energy shield with max-rolled Ephemeral Edge.

Passive Tree: If you don't like my tree, you can simply use your tree by picking more damage nodes instead of picking energy shield nodes(you'll of course need a shield that has spell damage and crit chance). Typical CI BV tree, but just pick some dmg nodes over energy shield nodes(i picked increased skill effect nodes over dmg nodes btw and the reason was because i didn't want to use increased duration skill gem, so now i can equip added fire damage gem for dps or life leech gem for survivability)

Passive tree with more damage at level 90
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAPuBUIHHgkgDXwOSA-rEHsRLxFQEZYV1xXtFr8YPBhWGYoajxslHb4gbiL0JIso-ioLKjgqUysKLJwsvy2oM4c1uT1fQZZGcUlRS65Mg0yzUDBSU1S9VmNXyVq5XEBd8mKVaoxsC20ZbWxvnnBScNR0gXX9dwd_xoLHgwmEb4TFhq6HE4nTiw6MNo_6kyeVLpaLl5WX9Ju1nKShL6LZo6OnK66zsNixkLJwtAy1SLmTvSe-Or6AvorBAMMJwzrIFMrT0B_Q9dW52VvbGtte53TpAuq662Pr9ewY7-vw1fId9Uv1b_ba-aT56PsJ

Without Herald of Ash
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAPuBUIHHgkgDXwOSA-rEHsRLxFQEZYV1xXtFr8YPBhWGyUdviBuIvQkiyj6KgsqOCpTKwosnCy_LagzhzW5PV9BlkZxSVFLCkuuTINMs1AwUlNUvVZjV8lauVxAXfJhBmKVaoxsC20ZbWxvnnBScNR0gXX9dwd_xoLHgwmEb4TFhq6HE4nTiw6MNo_6kyeVLpaLl5WX9Ju1nKShL6LZo6OnK6k0rrOw2LGQsnC0DLVIt9m5k70nvjq-gL6KwQDDCcM6yBTK09Af0PXVudlb2xrbXud06QLquutj6_XsGO_r8NXyHfVL9W_5pPno

Passive tree with more increased duration at level 90
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAPuBUIJIA18D6sQexEvEVAV1xa_GYoajxslHb4gbiL0JIso-ioLKjgqTSpTKwosnCy_LagzhzW5PV8_J0GWRnFJUUrIS65Mg0yzUDBRTFJTVmNXyVltWrld8l-YX7BilWqMbAttGW1sb55wUnDUdIF1_XcHfVt_xoLHgwmEb4TFhq6HE4nTiw6MNo_6kyeXlZf0m7WcpKEvotmjo6crrEeus7DYsZCycLQMtUi5k746voC-isHFwwnDOsgUykrK088y0B_Q9dlb2xrbXud06QLquutj6_XsGO_r8NXyHfVv9tr5pPsJ

Without Herald of Ash(i'm currently using this)
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAPuBUIJIA18D6sQexEvEVAV1xXtFr8bJR2-IG4i9CSLKPoqCyo4Kk0qUysKLJwsvy2oM4c1uT1fPydBlkZxSVFKyEuuTINMs1AwUUxSU1S9VmNXyVltWrlcQF3yX5hfsGKVaoxsC20ZbWxvnnBScNR0gXX9dwd9W3_GgseDCYRvhMWGrocTidOLDow2j_qTJ5aLl5WX9Ju1nKShL6LZo6OnK6xHrrOw2LGQsnC0DLVIuZO-Or6AvorBxcMJwzrIFMpKytPPMtAf0PXZW9sa217ndOkC6rrrY-v17Bjv6_DV8h31b_mk

Gear Recommendations
The Vertex: This is the helmet i strongly recommend to you. This one gives us high evasion rating and energy shield with +1 to level of socketed gems and is very cheap!
Sin Trek: If you can cap your ele res without your boots, this could be the best choice you can get with cheap option. This gives us about 400 evasion ratings and 100 energy shield and 30% increased movement speed is a bonus!
Skyforth: This one will be the perfect option for us to maintain and sustain power charges easily and we won't have to use Eye of Chayula to prevent stuns, but the problem is, it's extremely expensive.
Valyrium: The best ring you can equip if you can cap your cold res.

Gems
Spoiler
Helmet: Warlord's Mark - Blasphemy - Herald of Ash - Discipline
Sword: Cast When Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Increased Duration
Shield: Vaal Haste/Vaal Grace - Vaal Discipline - Increased Duration
Chest: Added Fire Damage for dps or Life Leech for survivability - Controlled Destruction - Spell Echo - Increased Critical Damage - Blade Vortex
Gloves/Boots: Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify
Gloves/Boots(no skyforth): Blade Vortex - Increased Critical Strikes - Power Charge on Critical - Increased Duration
4S2LHelmet(no herald of ash version): Warlord's Mark- Blasphemy/Empower - Discipline
Currently by using this, i can have 9.6k ES with level 2 Empower
If you have 300es shield, 200 es boots and 200 es gloves, you don't have to use Discipline, use Hatred inctead to boost your dps.

Bandits: Passive/Passive/Power Charge

Defense
Spoiler
without discipline
with discipline

Offense(no quality and not fully leveled, with only golem)
Spoiler
Life Leech, AoE
Life Leech, Concentrated Effect
Added Fire, AoE
Added Fire, Concentrated Effect
I'm pretty sure Flame Golem can do better than Ice Golem.
Currently sitting at 8,549 ES and 17,290k dps in my hideout with AoE and Life Leech(i thought i will need more dps than energy shield, so i gave up about 1k es in compensation for dps)

Thanks for reading and sorry for my bad english.
Last edited by WarmKitty on Oct 4, 2016, 6:52:56 AM
Last bumped on Oct 25, 2016, 1:48:40 AM
To post a photo, upload it to imgur.com (or another site that hosts photos). You can then copy the BBCode generated on the imgur site into your post here on the forum.
Thank you so much!
Why not put "Ghost Reaver"?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info