[2.4] SuitSizeSmall's Hydra cosplay build: Slivertongue bow: Ice shot, Barrage, Blast rain

This is a crit deadeye ranger build that revolves around using the Slivertongue bow from the Hydra Guardian and a combination of skills to basically emulate or recreate the skills used by the Hydra boss. This is a theme heavy build and is not really optimal but is still effective for mapping but not as much for bosses. Other skill options are discussed as well. Also I don't have them but feel free to wear the hydra armor and use the ebony blast rain MTX.

How it works
The main skill ice shot is heavily modified by using the unique Slivertongue bow.

Using the fork gem and having no pierce chance allows ice shot to always fork on the first hit and gain 100% increased critical strike chance. The deadeye ascendancy node ricochet then allows the two forking projectiles from ice shot to then chain once. Following that the slivertongue bow then causes the chaining ice shots to always pierce last. All these stacking arrow modifiers combined with ice shots explosions on hit results in a fairly massive AoE. Unfortunately fork is not a reliable mechanic so it can be a bit inconsistent.

Videos
Spoiler

Lvl 87 T11 strand clear https://youtu.be/YIPfNB6_xIM

Gear

Spoiler

The gear is flexible. Facebreakers can be replaced with maligaro's virtuosity. Chest can be a variety of things from kintsugi or lightning coil I just had a 6L belly of the beast so I decided to use it. Slivertongue is required.

Tree

Spoiler

Gem Links

Spoiler

Main AoE:

Ice Shot - Fork - Slower Proj - WED - Hypothermia

This is the main 5L. The AoE gem is not used because the constant explosions of ice shot and the multiple subprojectile effects used result in a lot of aoe. Currently considering swapping a gem for crit damage

Single Target:

Barrage - Phys Proj Attack Damage - Slower Proj - WED - Crit Damage

My current single target damage is weak due to using a 4L. Barrage is used over blast rain for single target due to barrage getting projectile damage scaling that this build speccs into.

Auras:

Hatred

Herald of Ice

Lots of cold damage from hatred, herald of ice can be swapped of herald of ash or a curse on hit herald of thunder if you choose to.

Utility:

Blast Rain - PCoC - Curse on Hit - Assassin's mark

Further following the theme of recreating the hydra skills I decided to work in blast rain as a curse on hit setup.

Blood Rage

Summon Ice Golem

Other build options
Spoiler

As stated earlier the information above is for a theme heavy build but other variations could be better.

Dropping the endless munitions ascendancy node and getting rupture makes a lot of physical damage focused sills better. Tornado shot will always pierce and bleed with the initial projectiles and then the arrows from the explosions will proceed to force, chain and pierce again. Split arrow works very pretty much like ice shot but due to shooting more initial projectiles will be more reliable in terms of AoE. Both of those builds could probably use puncture as a very potent single target. Barrage with the volleying fire jewels can also create a very effective combination.

I'm "that lab dude from reddit and poelab."
Last edited by SuitSizeSmall on Oct 2, 2016, 11:57:26 PM
Last bumped on Oct 1, 2016, 5:55:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info