[2.4][HC]+3 RaT (ranged attack totem) Master - The needlespitter

Hello.

This is my quickly scribbled guide for something slightly different.

It's different from what's usually seen in PoE these days because it's utilizing skills and items not often seen (never), but it also allows for incredible variety and versions.

I certainly never planned to make a post about this build, but i am very surprised over how GOOD it is so far. I'm doing yellow T6's and T7's with a build and concept i did 100% for the lulz. I never even planned to reach maps with it. You summon 3 totems, but you do loads of damage yourself since you can still attack!

The tree so far:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAHcAecEUQSzBS0IiQthDc0UTRR1GJEcziF2I_Yk_StQLlMwfDH6Mn41kjboOdQ6FjpSOuE8LUMxQ8hGaUd-TP9Nkk3jTipPBFFHValW-lhtWK9aGlugW69daGQzZU1oWmjyagFvO3KpdO11y3b3d9d343gNeu98Dn8rg1-DzITZhoKGzo19jX6VBZe0mvGgn6IAplenValur2yvp7Xytz63tryfvTa-p8AawGbBM8MzxLjE9sauyqnTb9X42L3awedU6mLwH_JF_Ev-Cv5U_o__3g==

The tree itself can drastically change as well. You can make it elemental, and you can make it non-critt based. You can go CI as well. You cna skip iron grip if you decide to traverse differently, but i'm almost at 300 str with my own take on the tree, which is giving me a nice 60% boost to damage.

Bandits:
Spoiler

Normal Help Oak
Cruel Help Oak
Merciless Help Alira

The build is about using:

Ranged Attack Totem
Spoiler

Along with:

Lioneye's Vision
Spoiler

Rain of Splinters
Spoiler

Drillneck
Spoiler

While also being a Hierophant (the hipster-class).

Gem setup for RaT and reasoning around gems in general:
Spoiler

Anything you want. Honestly.
But I'm currently using RaT combined with:
Split Arrow (Swapping this out with Tornado shot for bosses)-Faster Attacks-Physical projectile-attack damage-Added fire damage

This could (and will) change when i manage to roll G G G B R or G G R B B. And YOU as a reader have to make your choicec yourself, depending on what's available in terms of socket colors.

What would be ideal is to not have added fire damage and faster attack, because i'd rather have critical strike chance or critical strike multiplier, or even both.

But the build allows for so much variety; you could make this build with weapon elemental damage instead and make it convert, with say, physical to lightning.

It allows you to do whatever you want, honestly.

Your own attack(s) are Frenzy linked with PCoC, LMP and Pierce OR Frenzy, PCoC, Curse on Hit and Assassins Mark, along with Split arrow/tornado shot, Fastar attack, Pierce and PPAD.

I'm personally using Assassins mark on CWDT, works ok!

We're using Hatred and Clarity as Auras. This can change but i personally enjoy it.

My current gear:

Spoiler

How to maintain charges, and why:
Spoiler

We're using Frenzy. Because it's good single target, and it gives us Charges.

The charges buffs you, and the totems. We link this with Pcoc, because it buffs you with power charges, and the totems. And it buffs you more when you're taking the node Conviction of Power as your 6th point when you ascend.
Also, conviction makes it easier to get power charges, when you clear, but not when you face sturdy bosses. Thusly, it's nice to have Pcoc remaining as the 4th link

Current Stats:
Spoiler

TOOLTIP DEEPS, WITHOUT ANY DAMAGE AURAS ACTIVE:
With Charges

Frenzy: 8.6k

RaT with Split Arrow when x3 totems are up (8% reduction in play): 6.6k

Without Charges

Frenzy: 5.1k

RaT with Split Arrow when x3 totems are up (8% reduction in play): 3.9k

Note: You're a hierophant, and you get brief damage when things die, and your 1st totem does more damage than the 2nd, and the 3rd does the least. The damage is difficult to justify, but i usually just take the weakest totems dmg times 3. In this case with charges up, it's a bit over 20k dmg with totems only, Without ANY Damage aura!!!.

Along with your own frenzy damage it's close to 30., when the charges are up. Again, without ANY Damage aura!!

PRETTY GOOD considering how cheap and safe it is.

When i activate Hatred without charges and summon all 3 totems, the tooltip DPS for the totem is 4.8k. With charges, it's 8.1k. Again, pretty good.

Defensive stats:

HP - 4.8k at lvl 79

Mana - 851, unreserved 259

3k armour at 24% reduction

2.7k evasion, 24% chance to evade

Random rambling and talk about the build:
Spoiler

After playing this for a while, i understood that this build is really easy to get going properly, and it allows the user to work things out with what they have, without spending a lot of money.

The build is starting off weak as it's using RaT which reduces dmg and AS with 30% along with spliters which fucks up damage and additional 30-50% depending on the roll. But this is easily compensated with the help of drillneck and Lioneye's vision which is a very cheap chest piece which gives us a solid 5-link for the price of nothing.

The lvl 15 pierce is fantastic since it combined with drillneck automatically hands us 50% damage without any investment in the tree or a gem slot. Additionally the chest gives us easy acces to a 5th socket when we're actually only using 4.
The chest is yours for the price of a single chaos, sometimes a fusing. And even if you're not rocking drillneck, a good critical strike quiver is doing wonders on it's own, and they're dirt cheap as well (drillneck still BiS here).

The chest can easily be changed to a Tabula Rasa as well, especially since the build is taking quite a lot of HP nodes and you're rocking 3 totems thanks to the ascension. This allows you to stay safe(r) than what would be possible without them, and you can still do damage and thusly leech hp.

We're using a fantastic bow, even though the bow itself is sporting a shitty 5% critt base. Lioneye's Glare is dirt cheap as well, and it gives us sick damage. The drawback of reflect is a non-factor since we're using our lovely holy totems for the main dish, and we're running 0 risk of 1-shotting ourselves with Frenzy. Sure, it can be swapped but that's luxury. I can easily run around in T8-T10's with a bow for 1-2 chaos. WTF.

The gloves can be swapped out for a pair of shitty Facebreakers (multiplier is still awesome) or you could just have rare gloves and instead use
on your boot slot for 50-60% damage increase. You can also not have Rat's nest and instead have a rare there to compensate if you'd rather rock both Maligaro's AND Brinerot.

To wrap it up:

A very flexible but yet very fun build to play. It is cheap, and again flexible both in terms of items and the tree. It's fun to watch 3 totems mow down trash and get beefed up while you spit out frenzy arrows. The bosses are being mowed down like no tomorrow. The idea was to make arrows fly everywhere and just see stuff get sprayed down (barrage wasn't fun) and i feel like that's what i'm getting. Try it out.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
Last edited by Cergic on Oct 1, 2016, 4:58:00 PM
Last bumped on Oct 1, 2016, 9:33:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info