[2.4] 48% Increased Quantity Easy Mode Ice Spear Inquisitor Magic Finder

I don't know about you but the only reason I am still playing this game are the loot explosions. Something like this

https://youtu.be/hYnrCt0HIgI

Quantity is king, no surprise there. Even with my measly 100% rarity I am still able to get significant amount of items, currency, orbs and divination cards out of the maps I play, have a reasonable clear speed and not die much. Finally I feel like I've nailed the correct amount of defenses, damage and magic find so if anyone is interested in something other than millions of sheet DPS or 2 minute clears......welcome I guess.

The_Ice_Spear_Theory
Ok, so Ice Spear is a really odd skill. The second phase especially. It doesn't require all that much crit chance to reach 100%, which presents us with an interesting dilemma. Do we increase the crit chance even though it'll become redundant for the second form? For the longest time I thought "well, twin daggers"......but then whats the point, after all the second form will be way over 100% and it doesn't even pierce/give us a good AoE. But then it came to me

Thats right, Void Battery + Power Charge on critical.

The theory is simple: you get the bare bones crit nodes you are going through anyway, then you grab every power charge you can see on the tree, bringing your charges up to 8. This means not only a hefty 400% crit chance increase but also 120% spell damage. Start off by hitting mobs until you reach 8 charges, then keep them.

My puny crit chance is 25%. Miserable, right? Well, not really. After some hits it goes up to 50% and this is only the first form, the second one crits always so as long as you can keep the monsters inside it you'll be criting all the time. With crappy crit gear. And crappy crit nodes. Thankfully the spell freezes/chills so its easy peasy, right?

Why_3_curses_when_I_can_only_support_2
Ok, you may be wondering why do I have 3 curses when I can only support 2. The trick is simple - freeeeeeeze again. Crit Ice Spear freezes everything solid except for some big nasty bosses. What this means is that my Herald of Ice will be popping up all the time, this makes building up endurance charges easy. Then if I screw up, or some monster hits me hard the cast when damage taken activates and the monster becomes much more friendly. This usually happens with those nasty ranged monsters, who shoot you way out of the screen. Well, too bad, I have my endurance charges and now they are also double cursed, and easy to take down. Seriously, trying to run a Hexproof map is a huge difference and I really need to be careful.....

Current_Gear
Its very easy to define. My items are put into 3 categories:

1. Quantity items

2. Damage boosters

3. Resists, life and overall defenses

I don't think an explanation for each one is needed.

The last ingredient I feel is Atziri's Splendour. As you can clearly see I have no life or mana leech, so the maps without regen are......complicated. If I get my hands on a decent Spelndour however this will change. Would be nice to make such an underrated legendary work.

My sheet DPS is 50k but this doesn't include the constant crits I am delivering, nor the complete lack of resistances my foes are suffering. When I hit a reflect mob a single time my life drops like a rock so I'd say damage is the least of my worries.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Sep 29, 2016, 4:59:46 PM
Last bumped on Sep 29, 2016, 4:49:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info