Scion EK Build 2.4 (LVL 80 to 100) Need Advice!

Hi all,

I'm now LVL 80 and wanted your advice for my next passives. I won’t go into details how the build works it is NOT a build guide. I want to point out that I'm always trying to do my builds the most balanced so I don't have to switch gem, weapon, jewel or anything on the fly.

So the build is constructed around the spell Ethereal Knives as main spell. It uses Energy Shield instead of mana to cast the spell so all the mana pool is reserved (Eldritch Battery Node). I use Iron Reflexes to convert evasion rating into armor so I don't evade hits to proc Cast When Stunned more often and still have a good amount of defenses. I only have 2K HP right now and 180 life regen per second (no shield because it is now my mana). I know my main focus for my last 20 passive skill points will be survivability. My resistances are now around 65% for all types (35% for chaos res) on merciless. The builds currently has a little over 10K armor (45k with Jade and Granite Flasks) and 15K DPS per projectile (before using Sulfur Flask). It does all types of damage: Physical, Fire, Cold, Lightning and Chaos. I know I have a lot of unique in my gear set but I like the overall balance it gives to the build. The reduced life and Energy shield the Amethyst ring gives is my only downside for the gear. Maybe the gloves are not the best suit but it as decent bonuses since I currently have 270 Intelligence, 215 dexterity and 165 strength

For now, my main problems with this build are:

-Life pool
-elemental resistances
-start of energy recharge rate
-need 6L chest piece to put Added Fire Damage support to EK

Gear:

Spoiler

Gem setup:

Spoiler

Chest 5L -> Ethereal Knives -> Faster Casting -> Faster Projectile -> Spell Echo -> Life Leech

Helmet 4L -> Stone Golem -> Minion Damage -> Minions and Totems Elemental Damage -> Minion Speed

Gloves 4L -> Molten Shell -> Tempest Shield -> Cast When Stunned -> Increased Duration

Scepter 3L -> Lightning Warp -> Faster Casting -> Less Duration

Boots Auras -> Hatred -> Arctic Armor -> Discipline -> Herald of Ash

Jewels:

Spoiler

1st (Cobalt) Jewel
-> 14% Increased Spell Damage When Holding a Shield
-> 6% Faster Start of Energy Shield Recharge
-> 10% to all Elemental Resistances

2nd (Cobalt) Jewel
-> 1% Block Chance to Block with Shield
-> 6% Faster Start of Energy Shield Recharge
-> 10% to all Elemental Resistances

Ascendancy:

Spoiler

I Use the Occultist for utility purposes and the Juggernaut for survivability

Passive Skill Tree:

What I planned so far

So here I planned on adding a lot more survivability and a little more damage. I added the “avoid interruption from casting when stunned” (I was wondering when this is proc, am I still getting stunned but I just avoid the interruption from casting?) so this give me more consistency with Ethereal Knives witch has Life leech. I also took the added spell damage from the witch starting location witch seems like a big damage boost (+74% in total I think so I was planning on getting life node instead but this is too much of a boost to ignore and more damage means more life leech). Then I got the added defenses from shield (total of 110% + 4% block chance). This is the one I’m really wondering if it’s worth or should I get more life node? I also get from the bottom of the tree “Cloth and chain” and “golem blood” to complete my resistances, get more life, more life regeneration and a total of +48% more evasion rating and armor witch scales very well with “Iron Reflexes”. I my current tree I have 2 jewel socket and here I added all the sockets I come across so I will have a total 6 Jewel socket. Is it too much? Because from what I saw, bonuses from them can be REALLY good and I can change those depending on the weaknesses of the final build so I don’t need advice of witch one to take but I’d like to know if I should take that much.

Passive Skill Tree:

For my 2 last Ascendancy if I ever get them I was planning on getting the extra 20 to Strength and intelligence and the extra 20 strength and dexterity. I don’t plan to change the gear or my gem setup but I’m still open for suggestions. Tell me what would you do with my current passive skill tree. You can also tell me if there is any more information I missed so I can edit and add it. For those who are wondering the build was inspired by ZiggyD EK build from 2.0 or 2.1 if I remember correctly and when “Eldrich Battery” changed its effect, the build was not viable at all as it was. I had to change several times with the full resets and for once, this one seems to work good. But, I would not call it Hardcore viable at all.

Thank you in advance for all your feedback and see you guys in Wraeclast

PS: If anybody would like me to upload gameplay videos, feel free to ask me. I’ve never done that so if you have recording program to suggest please tell me and sorry for my English!

Last edited by Badadafouin on Sep 29, 2016, 10:33:12 AM
Last bumped on Oct 10, 2016, 9:18:08 AM
2k like is completely not viable in merciless 80lv character, no matter what other defenses you might have. Your resists should be maxed as well. You can live with lower chaos resist.
I'd replace life leech and faster cast for added fire and controlled destruction. with 2k life you simply get one-shotted, there's no time to leech life.
Get zealot's oath and you'll solved your mana/es recharge problem. Again, with such low life, the life regen won't help you much.
You've wasted way too many skill points to get to iron reflexes. Armor is not that powerful late game. Skip it. Life/ES is king.

IMO you picked wrong class to begin with, you can get much more powerful with a lot less traveling.
I feel you used an Old Ziggyd guide for this build but note that this strategy is really not viable now and you should rethink it.
Last edited by Ire_of_Desire on Sep 30, 2016, 8:29:17 AM
Completely abort this build, it's outdated in concept and practice. Also, that gear is trash tier and it could have been linked directly to the thread, just click your character's portrait at the top left then click the items and they'll be inserted into your forum post.

If you want to play an EB EK build go for the cap block cybils GR version or something:nerfed but better than your abomination. Just swap any gem in the 6L for life leech and don't pick ascendant berserker.
Last edited by 7thFullMoon on Sep 30, 2016, 2:11:38 PM
why are you using so many uniques ? it's not Diablo dude ! :) switch to rares and get some decent hp/res

or at best, try to learn game and its mechanics while playing some build that has been already tested by community, it'll be way easier and give you more fun
Last edited by laik89 on Oct 10, 2016, 9:19:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info