How rare is 'The Wolf' card anyways?

Recently I've been trying to obtain some Rigwald's Quills to give my Barrage Deadeye a significant power boost off Slivertongue's crit bonus. After seeing none on poe.trade, I did a bit of research and discovered that 'The Wolf' card from Cavern maps would probably be my best bet. I'm 29 Caverns in so far, and haven't seen so much as a single card. Do I have absolutely terrible luck, or at the cards just ridiculously rare?
Last bumped on Sep 29, 2016, 6:39:25 AM
I have no idea of the actual Rarity of the card in question but remember, Pack Size and Item quantity on the map will help with Div card drops(cards are treated as currency for drops) IIR has no effect.

Sadly it is often hard to farm up specific div cards :(
Well it's not the wolf card but i can give you some statistics. I was trying to farm a headhunter last league by spamming springs maps and hoping for the doctor card to drop. Looking at the availability of wolf cards in poe trade, im guessing that the wolf card is as rare as the doctor.
I managed to farm a total of 3 doctor cards in well over 500 springs maps and actually reached level 100 before completing the set.
I would not recommend farming for a specific set of very rare div cards unless the card is extremely valuable e.g. the doctor. The wolf card doesn't even guarantee you a rigwald's quills so farming around 800 caverns for a set is not worth it at all.
"
33550336 wrote:
Well it's not the wolf card but i can give you some statistics. I was trying to farm a headhunter last league by spamming springs maps and hoping for the doctor card to drop. Looking at the availability of wolf cards in poe trade, im guessing that the wolf card is as rare as the doctor.
I managed to farm a total of 3 doctor cards in well over 500 springs maps and actually reached level 100 before completing the set.
I would not recommend farming for a specific set of very rare div cards unless the card is extremely valuable e.g. the doctor. The wolf card doesn't even guarantee you a rigwald's quills so farming around 800 caverns for a set is not worth it at all.
It can still give one of two other quite valuable items (command or savagery) which you can then sell in order to buy more "The Wolf" cards.

Edit notes:
- Fixed a wording issue (This is a buff)
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Last edited by FCK42 on Sep 29, 2016, 2:23:30 AM
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
33550336 wrote:
It can still give one of two other quite valuable items (command or savagery) which you can then sell in order to buy more "The Wolf" cards.

Edit notes:
- Fixed a wording issue (This is a buff)

or likely rigwald's charge that you can find on poe.trade for a jeweller's orb (no, i don't actually know if that item is in the pool of rewards from this set but i wouldn't be surprised).
regarding item trades: i don't check the forum often so don't send me PMs about the items i have for sale, just add me ingame and contact me when i'm online.

i'm usually online for a few hours after 20.00 UTC and a lot more during weekends.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info